Media Star Wars BattleFront

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They can charge a million and it would still be ok with me, not because I could afford it, because if I could I still wouldn't pay that kind of money for a videogame, even a SW one.

Its ok with me because its not hurting me or my famly in any manner.

It wouldn't be ok for their share holders though, they would have their CEO removed immediately.

You see, at the end of the day for me its nothing but a videogame.

It's not the roof over my head nor is it food or my means of transportation.

$100 for me, because i'm a SW nut and its not a bad game technically, was reasonable for me.

Maybe one day I will want to purchase BF10 and EA is charging $160.00 for it and I will decide against paying that.

That's their business capitalist right to do so, they're not hurting me by any means doing it.

I'm already priced out of 1/6 a 1/4 collecting, doesn't mean I'll spend the rest of my life hating Hot Toys and Sideshow Collectibles.

It isn't the price that bothers me, well it is ridiculous given it is about $160+ over here. It is the fact that the game offers so little for that price. They need to be more flexible and price games according to their content, it seems somebody, somewhere decided what an AAA title should cost and they just stick to it religiously regardless of what is on offer, it's not on.

They appear to be backtracking a bit now and saying there will be more free content. I hope there is plenty of it and that it adds something of substance to the game. As disappointed as I am buy it, I would like to see it improved so I can reconsider it down the line..

Nothing wrong with enjoying the game. It just isn't as good as it should have been, especially for the price. The game deserves to be criticized.

:exactly:

Well said.

Take cost out of the equation and this game is an awesome SW thrill ride!

But because I don't care about the cost, $100 easily paid up front, this game is just as much fun at the $100 cost!

I wanted to play in the SW universe, no amount of controversy, EA bashing, evil corporation is ruining gaming blah blah blah was going to stop me from buying this for me and my son to enjoy together.

Life is way too short to be worrying about such nonsence. :lol

Hi Five to that :hi5:
Bottom line it is a form of entertainment and I for one am enjoying it. I can understand Python's POV on the *possible* price gouging. I bought the deluxe edition but not the season pass. It appears to be the new MO of most publishers to charge extra for content that could have just been put in the game already. Capitalism at it's finest.

Im enjoying it but could anyone help me,my ADS went to manual so i have to push R2 back and forth to zoom in then again to zoom out.Its really annoying,and happend after i ranked upto 21.Did this happen to everyone? Thanks

It isn't the price that bothers me, well it is ridiculous given it is about $160+ over here. It is the fact that the game offers so little for that price. They need to be more flexible and price games according to their content, it seems somebody, somewhere decided what an AAA title should cost and they just stick to it religiously regardless of what is on offer, it's not on.

They appear to be backtracking a bit now and saying there will be more free content. I hope there is plenty of it and that it adds something of substance to the game. As disappointed as I am buy it, I would like to see it improved so I can reconsider it down the line..

Hi Five to that :hi5:
Bottom line it is a form of entertainment and I for one am enjoying it. I can understand Python's POV on the *possible* price gouging. I bought the deluxe edition but not the season pass. It appears to be the new MO of most publishers to charge extra for content that could have just been put in the game already. Capitalism at it's finest.

Well, they are reporting lower than expected earnings on this game.

SW remains the hottest property in the Americas, Canada and Europe, of course it was going to be expensive to get the "full" experience.

This was always going to be the game to introduce a $100 price point.

Besides, once one fully comprehends the lengths humans will go to **** over their own species for a profit, none of this is really that shocking.

:lol

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with enjoying the game.
It just isn't as good as it should have been, especially for the price. The game deserves to be criticized.
EVERYTHING should be critisized, even if it's good.
And THIS one is only good from a "mobile games" POW.

I like the game. A lot.

It's a game I can play just 20 min, when I find the time... I'm gonna play it often.

Im enjoying it but could anyone help me,my ADS went to manual so i have to push R2 back and forth to zoom in then again to zoom out.Its really annoying,and happend after i ranked upto 21.Did this happen to everyone? Thanks

Go into "settings" in the game, then "controls". You can set the toggle from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of course it was going to be expensive to get the "full" experience.

This was always going to be the game to introduce a $100 price point.

That's kind of the point, nice visuals aside, this is far from a full experience. If it were, people probably wouldn't mind paying it so much. Although the price point is ridiculous given the season pass is pretty much essential... So $160 here.

I like the game. A lot.

It's a game I can play just 20 min, when I find the time... I'm gonna play it often.

Yup that's what i like. When you're pushing 40 and don't have the time of a modern 20 something it's perfect.

Disappointing coz of the lack of content, but still pretty awesome. Especially coz it's so pick up and play, but then that's probably what makes it a disappointment for veteran gamers that have experienced the evolution to CoD or Battlefield. Love starfighting, but that feels so tacked on to the rest of the game.

Only expansion I remember getting is Broodwar, so I don't know how different new content can be to the game engine, but I expect the expansions to be revolutionary and not simply new skins and maps. Always disliked them coz that meant half the gamers would be lost online when they didn't expand (like me usually). This being Star Wars might be different. Still though, I want more than just new planets, characters and vehicles with parallel missions (oh and I haven't done any missions yet, just straight up multiplayer deathmatches - waiting to co-op when mates are ready).

It's a good game for short sessions, but i'm way more excited for the visceral SW game. They've hired Amy Hennig( ex-naughty dog) and Jade raymond( co-creator of AC) to produce game.

Im loving it so far. I dont get loads of time to play games so as a casual gamer, this is perfect. The graphics are really nice but the best part about this game is that it really sucks you into the starwars universe. The sound effects and audio are very well done. Really looking forward to see where they go with the dlc later on.

Back