Media Star Wars BattleFront

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the Deluxe version sitting infront of me but I havent opened it up. Thinking about returning it and buying the GOTY edition with all DLC down the road instead.

Disagree......if this didn't say Star Wars then it wouldn't sell for crap. It's not a great game. It's an OK game that gets tiresome fast and just happens to be Star Wars based so people eat it up.

Yeah this... I can understand people tolerating it because the are desperate for anything Star Wars (we all are..) And I would never criticise anybody for doing so, it's there money after all. But to write off the complaints as nitpicking is ridiculous and helps nobody. Surely we all benefit if Dice and EA are told in no uncertain terms that this isn't acceptable.

I have no opinion on the actual gameplay and modes aside from what I played in the beta/demo. I'm just disappointed from what I saw with the customization options. Dice can't seem to understand that people are all about customization in games nowadays. Not just weapons but how their characters look. Sadly the COD games have grasped the idea so I dont understand why DICE hasn't.

That being said I'm excited to play the full game, but fallout 4 has its claws dug too deep into me.

I have no opinion on the actual gameplay and modes aside from what I played in the beta/demo. I'm just disappointed from what I saw with the customization options. Dice can't seem to understand that people are all about customization in games nowadays. Not just weapons but how their characters look. Sadly the COD games have grasped the idea so I dont understand why DICE hasn't.

That being said I'm excited to play the full game, but fallout 4 has its claws dug too deep into me.

I don't completely agree with this. Dice had a ton of options in the Battlefield games and I think others have copied them in that respect. You could trick out your soldier pretty well and make a unique load out in their other games. This game just feels like a "not enough time" kind of scenario where they're counting on the license to sell it (which it will) and the next Battlefront will be the proper release this one should've been. They were able to get all of the basic elements done, but not much else.

Ignore all the nit pucking and whining, this game is a blast!

Being in the SW universe > Any content or spawning problems.

Yeah, it is a blast.... in your back as you spawn.

But... the graphics are incredible. I wish you could just explore the maps without any enemies just to see everything. The Endor forests, the Hoth ice caves, the Tatooine deserts.... so awesome. It does feel like you are in Star Wars. So many unique little things on each map. Snowspeeders on Mos Eisley. The Hoth DF9 Towers in the Tatooine desert... really makes it feel like the rebels are scrambling planet to planet with all there gear.

I've been holding out for a while on any current gen. game platforms. No longer as of last night :slap.

Not everyones cup of tea, but it had me sold. Especially with the digital pod racing game. Ohhh the nostalgia.

View attachment 224079

I picked up one as a collector's item, I have the Arkham silver bundle...

They do sell the Vader controllers separately but they are super hard to find (and are marked up high on eBay).

The controller is a beauty in person but I still think the Arkham controller is the best, followed by the 20th anniversary controller

Two hours in, a little disappointed. Thought there'd be some clone wars and was hoping it'd be more like Battlefield.

this isn't even close to being the final game

theres like $50 worth of expansions scheduled in the coming months including the 4 expansion packs

I don't completely agree with this. Dice had a ton of options in the Battlefield games and I think others have copied them in that respect. You could trick out your soldier pretty well and make a unique load out in their other games. This game just feels like a "not enough time" kind of scenario where they're counting on the license to sell it (which it will) and the next Battlefront will be the proper release this one should've been. They were able to get all of the basic elements done, but not much else.

What I'm referring to is the visual customization. The weapons and loadouts are great but the character model was ****. You were stuck with the base model and all you could change was the camo and eventually the design on your chute. I wanna be able to choose between different little bits on armor, paint schemes, etc. COD has all that and more. Don't get me wrong though, I'll take BF over COD any minute of the day.

this isn't even close to being the final game

theres like $50 worth of expansions scheduled in the coming months including the 4 expansion packs

But that is another $50, more for many people outside of the USA in fact... so that doesn't really count as game content as it isn't included... If it were, maybe people wouldn't be do upset.

I received this coupon for preordering.

I'm not gonna use it, if anyone is interested in the following PM me for the code

Is anyone else having trouble unlocking the "Playing the Objective" achievement? It is for getting the most kills in a match of blast. I have had the most kills multiple times. Saw my name after the match having the most kills. Yet it still won't unlock.

..man never experienced a game that is so fun and so frustrating at the same time ...

Do you have to hit l2 to close in on aiming? Or can you just fire off the hip does it make a difference?

also 1st or 3rd person what you preference?

Back