1/6 Star wars 1/6 SDCC 2019 Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By this point I'm kinda tired of getting my hopes up about future OT releases, so won't make any guesses there.

But I do look forward to seeing some Ep 9 figures, as it's probably about time to start previewing those now.

Nobody cares Ep 9.

I'd love if they'd finish off the big Original Trilogy characters we haven't gotten yet.

ANH:
C3PO (or really just a trilogy encompassing version of the character)
Death Star Trooper

ESB:
Chewbacca with broken 3PO (more of a wishlist item)
Han (Bespin)
Lando

ROTJ:
Darth Vader with Anakin reveal sculpt
Leia (I'd take either Boussh or Endor)
Wicket (either packed with Leia or maybe do an Ewok double pack)

This whole year has been worrisome. Krennic is the only real wow figure for Star Wars all year, for me anyway. Cody, R2, qui gon... meh
All figures we’ve had already. I would also bet jango is next. Another figure that’s ok, but not essential, especially as the ss version isn’t that old. If Star Wars sales are lagging, release figures that either haven’t been done before or figures that seriously need an upgrade (bespin Han and lando).

Qui-Gon wasn’t in serious need of an upgrade? That’s one of my most anticipated announced figures. The Sideshow version is terrible. I definitely agree about Lando and Han though.

Couple of figures for me to done with the OT : Bespin Han, ESB Chewie, Death Star Trooper, C3P0, maybe Scouttrooper with the bike if Hot Toys ever decided to release it.

For the PT : Sidious (red robe, Sith eyes and LS), Mace Windu, Jango Fett, Grievous, AOTC Padme + Anakin, some clones would be nice ( phase 2 Rex, Fives, Echo from Clone Wars)

Rouge One : Baze and Cassian

Pretty much thats it and I could be temporarily done with SW...until the Mandalorian.

I still think we're 2 or 3 SDCC's away from seeing any 2.0s. I like them to take another crack at ANH Han. In the meantime, I'd like to see more ancillary characters made like a Gamorrean guard or a Tusken raider.

Wish: Ep3 Yoda, Battle droid, Droideka, Phase I Clonetrooper
Ep5 Han, Ep5 Luke, Ep4 C-3PO, Scout trooper
Ep7 Poe

Reality: Spider-Man in pajamas

I'd love if they'd finish off the big Original Trilogy characters we haven't gotten yet.

ANH:
C3PO (or really just a trilogy encompassing version of the character)
Death Star Trooper

ESB:
Chewbacca with broken 3PO (more of a wishlist item)
Han (Bespin)
Lando

ROTJ:
Darth Vader with Anakin reveal sculpt
Leia (I'd take either Boussh or Endor)
Wicket (either packed with Leia or maybe do an Ewok double pack)

Yes, we (I) need a 3PO. I'd add a scout trooper to that list, but the above would complete my collection.

It would be great to get a few more OT characters out before the prices get too high to finish my collection! The clock is ticking for me.
When the new Stealth Spidey has a regular price of AU$399, my butt cheeks clench at the thought of where the prices will go in a couple of years. It’s really getting out of control. ESB Han and Lando are the top figures for me. But if they can get an Endor Leia and Han and a Boushh out (and SS gets their s—t together for Skiff Lando) in the next year or two as well, I’ll be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't want anything new, I want my damn sandtroopers complete and the imperial navy trooper.... WHERE ARE THEY

Padme, Bespin Han and Bespin Lando.

They are the 3 that if shown will go up for order. Anything else bar the wildcard of a Scout Trooper is unlikely to see production.

I have had my hopes dashed too many times recently to get excited now.

Release some of the protos already shown Hot Toys!!!

That explains like 2-3 figures that didn't see release, what about all the rest? Solo was the only SW film that had "poor" box office.

And I really don't understand what HT means by "feedback" and "gauge market demand" at SDCC and ACGHK - what feedback exactly? Like fans on the floor saying they would or wouldn't buy it? Wouldn't an online poll or something be a better way to roughly judge fan feedback or talk directly to retailers in terms of market demand - I mean did they really have to go to all the trouble to make/tease a Snowtrooper officer or ANH power droid when a poll on the HT facebook page or whatever would at least give them enough info to proceed to make the fig?

And as people said above - it's not necessarily the fact they make and show these (something like a dozen now) SW figs that never see release, it's the fact they strongly infer they will be available, then they disappear forever. Even if HT showed them, but announced a month after the con that the interest just wasn't there so they've decided not to produce the fig they showed. Instead, it just goes into limbo for years.

I agree, I have no idea what they're talking about as far as "feedback." I would understand it from a lesser company who doesn't have the license and is trying to garner it by showing off prototypes, but HT isn't like that anymore. They don't need to prove themselves to anyone.

I was there last year, didn't see anyone being asked what they thought of the bee hive clone trooper. Literally the only people who I could see them asking for feedback from would be retailers, but wouldn't they just fall back on their customers too?

Back