1/6 Star wars 1/6 SDCC 2019 Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 462616

Pending prototypes so far..

Which figures shall be fortunately enough to escape this endless spiral of death from vicious Hoy Toys :devil

There was also the HT Snowtrooper Commander, and there were actually two different power droids that HT showed previously.

bb37deabb36f6be67fba1430d8f2f6ee.png

Hardly recognize the differences, especialy those little droids..but they wont ever see the light though.

Here's my assumption of the "dead list", temporarily I still mark Death Star Troopers alive because of the high possibily of their apperance in upcoming The Mandalorian.
341D3E99-768A-469E-B246-69FE51C3A19A.jpeg

Hardly recognize the differences, especialy those little droids..but they wont ever see the light though.

Here's my assumption of the "dead list", temporarily I still mark Death Star Troopers alive because of the high possibily of their apperance in upcoming The Mandalorian.
View attachment 462621

That cross through Baze :(:(

I still cannot fathom how we have Chirrut without him. It looks ridiculous on the shelf.

The two older HT power droids are completely different sculpts, only the feet are the same.

I still cannot fathom how we have Chirrut without him. It looks ridiculous on the shelf.

I have Chirrut grouped with Jyn +K2S0, still looks awesome though.

and I have heard one guy interviewd Howard Chan today at ACGHK and he officialy stated that Cyborg from DC was "dead", didnt mention anything about Baze Malbus though..but at this point its just safe to assume Chirrut wont have his buddy anytime soon.

View attachment 462621

X's appearing over R4 and R5 by next SDCC most likely. Poe might be revived though.

Such a depressing list.....:lol

I agree about Baze though ! Never give up !! I personally think both he and Chirrut will turn up in the Cassian series for a cameo or in one episode.

I still also think it's a bit premature with Poe considering there is still Ep9 to come.

But we will see.

I have Chirrut grouped with Jyn +K2S0, still looks awesome though.

and I have heard one guy interviewd Howard Chan today at ACGHK and he officialy stated that Cyborg from DC was "dead", didnt mention anything about Baze Malbus though..but at this point its just safe to assume Chirrut wont have his buddy anytime soon.

Agree. He looks great with Jyn and Ktoo. Would be great with Baze, but I don’t think we’ll see him. Ever.

Sandtrooper Sergeant should be a no brainer...it's like 99% reused parts. It's just a matter of time.

Sorry I am a bit late to update but getting back from SDCC and then back to work wore me out.

So I went to the Star Wars Collectible panel and Sideshow was indeed absent. The LFL rep who runs the panel actually mentioned Hot Toys in the panel however, and that is also a first. He only mentioned two things: the new Sith Trooper (which totally sold out by mid-day Saturday) and the Solo version of Maul. He said of all the items to cross his desk that this one was one he was most excited about and in his opinion the "Most Maul" of any collectible so far.

Sideshow had ALL of their 1/6th figures in three small cases in the back, away from all of the other Star Wars, Marvel and DC offerings. One case had their classic comic look DC/Marvel characters, 1 case had Jabba by himself, and the last case had the final throws of their Star Wars offerings which was basically the two Mythos characters, Jedi Luke, and R2 done up in his waiter gear (presumably to go with Jabba and HT's does not come with those accessories I don't think).

It was a very sad offering and while the Mythos figures looked ok, the rest just looked sad and small and isolated from the greater booth.

I asked two different reps at the booth what was up with that, the panel, and where was Skiff guard Lando. Neither person would give a real answer and basically said they didn't know and to ask someone else. No one came clean on this as far as I know but the writing is on the wall. I also don't recall seeing any new Star Wars statues of any size but not entirely sure on that, they still had quite a few on display (including what I consider their worst offering Bespin Han premium format has the worst head sculpt/paint app of anything they have done in my opinion).

20190717_180920.jpg
sdcc2019-29.jpg
sdcc2019-202.jpg

What is also telling is that Sideshow's first Court of the Dead 1/6th scale figure is actually a TB League collaborative release which makes me think they are out of the 1/6th scale figure thing all together, not just Star Wars.

Overall I liked seeing Wickett, Padme, and Kit Fisto revealed. I liked the big star fighter that we will never see but at cons (which is fine for my space issues), and I thought Dooku actually looked pretty good so I will probably get him.

I did not like seeing more clones or the battle droid as I have a ton of that crap from Sideshow already but whatever. The Jawas looked subpar for HT in my opinion but I would love if they went into Cantina/Jabba's Palace/background alien/jedi characters. They are seemingly my favorite to collect and have all this mystery around them that has fueled my imagination for 30 years.

I did a little blog thing with all the photos I took if anyone is interested:
https://www.virtualnightangel.com/sdcc2019.html

Great summation, thanks for posting. :clap

We now seem to have confirmation that SSC is indeed out of SW (1/6 definitely, all SW possibly.)

Great summation, thanks for posting. :clap

We now seem to have confirmation that SSC is indeed out of SW (1/6 definitely, all SW possibly.)

Yes. No doubt. Kind of sad, though I’m especially happy we got the bounty hunters, Jabba and the imperial pilots before they quit. RIP SSC-SW

Add to the the Dewback,Thrawn and Command Chair,Secura,ALL the clone commanders,RFT,Praji,Gammy Guard,Hammerhead and Greedo,Rex,Ventress and let's not forget that creepy little huttlet from the TCW movie 😁

Yes. No doubt. Kind of sad, though I’m especially happy we got the bounty hunters, Jabba and the imperial pilots before they quit. RIP SSC-SW

I agree. I'm really happy with the SSC figures I've got and if they are indeed out of SW I still think it'll be a while before any of the SSC figures will see HT replacements. Probe Droid is magnificent too.

Sorry I am a bit late to update but getting back from SDCC and then back to work wore me out.

So I went to the Star Wars Collectible panel and Sideshow was indeed absent. The LFL rep who runs the panel actually mentioned Hot Toys in the panel however, and that is also a first. He only mentioned two things: the new Sith Trooper (which totally sold out by mid-day Saturday) and the Solo version of Maul. He said of all the items to cross his desk that this one was one he was most excited about and in his opinion the "Most Maul" of any collectible so far.

Sideshow had ALL of their 1/6th figures in three small cases in the back, away from all of the other Star Wars, Marvel and DC offerings. One case had their classic comic look DC/Marvel characters, 1 case had Jabba by himself, and the last case had the final throws of their Star Wars offerings which was basically the two Mythos characters, Jedi Luke, and R2 done up in his waiter gear (presumably to go with Jabba and HT's does not come with those accessories I don't think).

It was a very sad offering and while the Mythos figures looked ok, the rest just looked sad and small and isolated from the greater booth.

I asked two different reps at the booth what was up with that, the panel, and where was Skiff guard Lando. Neither person would give a real answer and basically said they didn't know and to ask someone else. No one came clean on this as far as I know but the writing is on the wall. I also don't recall seeing any new Star Wars statues of any size but not entirely sure on that, they still had quite a few on display (including what I consider their worst offering Bespin Han premium format has the worst head sculpt/paint app of anything they have done in my opinion).

View attachment 462676
View attachment 462677
View attachment 462679

What is also telling is that Sideshow's first Court of the Dead 1/6th scale figure is actually a TB League collaborative release which makes me think they are out of the 1/6th scale figure thing all together, not just Star Wars.

Overall I liked seeing Wickett, Padme, and Kit Fisto revealed. I liked the big star fighter that we will never see but at cons (which is fine for my space issues), and I thought Dooku actually looked pretty good so I will probably get him.

I did not like seeing more clones or the battle droid as I have a ton of that crap from Sideshow already but whatever. The Jawas looked subpar for HT in my opinion but I would love if they went into Cantina/Jabba's Palace/background alien/jedi characters. They are seemingly my favorite to collect and have all this mystery around them that has fueled my imagination for 30 years.

I did a little blog thing with all the photos I took if anyone is interested:
https://www.virtualnightangel.com/sdcc2019.html

Better grab crime lord Jabba, Mythos Obi and Scout trooper + the bike now I suppose...

Back