Star Ace Ghostbusters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostBeard

Super Freak
Reaction score
IMG_1204.jpeg

I can definitely go for a 1/6: scale demon dog or two if done well. Not sure about the plan with Mr. Stay Puft, though. It's been done a million times now in various sizes, including a pretty large one by mattel years back.

Did Present Toys ever finish their Ghostbuster line? Or is it still just Venkman and Zeddemore?

I wonder if these Star Ace things will be to 1/6 scale... or just a series of toys? Obviously Mr. Staypuft can't be from GB1, but they could make a bunch of little guys from Afterlife. The T-dogs will be very large if 1/6th.

If X-Plus is behind this, and they usually are when it comes to monsters and kaiju, then I’ll be very interested in a Marshmallow Man.

I'm not in the know -- does X-Plus work with Star Ace?
X-Plus are a Japanese company probably best known for their Godzilla and kaiju vinyl figures, although they dabbled with Star Wars with a couple of Dejarik board creatures. As far as I know, they've worked with Star Ace for their Ray Harryhausen line, and I think their Skull Island Kong figures.

I'm not in the know -- does X-Plus work with Star Ace?
X-Plus are a Japanese company that are well known for vinyl model kits as well as fully painted figures. Nowadays they are selling Universal Monster and Jurassic Park model kits. They have also dabbled in franchises like Power Rangers, Pokémon and Dragon Ball.

They are considered top notch when it comes to kaiju and monster figures. I’m big into collecting their Godzilla figures and am hardly ever disappointed.

5CAB9B05-71B4-41F9-9395-214DAA50D288.jpeg

DDA0890F-478C-4A99-970D-9F35A6BBF25B.jpeg

783155FE-0585-4E24-AB6A-1EE72832C05F.jpeg

Interested in the 1/6 demon dogs, and would be perfectly fine with vinyl. Also wonder how big the Stay Puft Marshamallow Man will be.
Hopefully someone will do the Afterlife figures to go with the Ecto-1

If there's one thing SA are actually good at, it's monsters. If they stick to Ghostbuster creatures these will be good. If it's 1/6th figurines of the cast, they will obviously be an utter trainwreck.

Interested in the 1/6 demon dogs, and would be perfectly fine with vinyl. Also wonder how big the Stay Puft Marshamallow Man will be.
Hopefully someone will do the Afterlife figures to go with the Ecto-1
I will not settle for anything less than a 50 cm tall Marshmallow Man!

X-Plus are a Japanese company probably best known for their Godzilla and kaiju vinyl figures, although they dabbled ...

X-Plus are a Japanese company that are well known for vinyl model kits as well as fully painted figures. They have also dabbled ...

My god, you two are the same person! o_O

Thanks, I know who X-Plus is, just didn't know the connection to Star Ace. But two mouths to feed, X-plus and Star Ace, sounds like they'll be over-priced.

My god, you two are the same person! o_O

Thanks, I know who X-Plus is, just didn't know the connection to Star Ace. But two mouths to feed, X-plus and Star Ace, sounds like they'll be over-priced.
I think it depends on how big the figures will be too. My 30 cm Star Ace Kong was around $126.

Back