Stallone's The Expendables

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stallone`s new movie "The Expendables"

Just got called on a late shift and had to cancel. totally blows!!
I was planning on seeing it tonight!
For those of you that have seen it, how's Dolph Lundgren's character?
Is it significant in the movie or did they just throw him in there? lol

Just got called on a late shift and had to cancel. totally blows!!
I was planning on seeing it tonight!
For those of you that have seen it, how's Dolph Lundgren's character?
Is it significant in the movie or did they just throw him in there? lol

Just got home from a midnight show in Hollywood. The movie is a 5/10.

It could have been so sweet, but the filmmakers decided to take a page from the AvP:R handbook, and have no good lighting on anything.

If there are any good points to be mentioned, Jason Statham and Jet Li deliver one of the coolest death blows in recent memory and Terry Crews and his shotgun deliver one of the best save the day moments to date.

If you are a fan of action films of the 80's, you deserve a bit better, but it's certainly worth a Matinee or a Blu-Ray visit (I guess 3 months from now). That's my quick take on it.

^^^ I'm thinking your theater was messed up man. I saw everything perfectly fine :dunno

This movie is not a 5/10 to me. It is higher.

It has some damn good action scenes, and the characters have a lot of heart to them. Everyone had a part to play and they played it well. The whole ending scene was just preposterously awesome.

I walked out of that theater with a huge grin on my face. (much like the one in my sig :))

great film.

If you are a fan of action films of the 80's, you deserve a bit better

No. We don't. 80's action flicks were designed to leave your brain at the door, enjoy the action scenes, marvel at a few breasts, and watch the "good guys" win.

I expected that when I walked into The Expendables last night, as did the 6 friends that were born in the 70's did as well.

We got what we expected.

The film was a great action flick, good fight scenes(they WERE a bit dark, but they still made the Dark Knight's fight scenes look like they were filmed in a pitch black cave), cool weapons, one-liners, a psycho Dolph Lundgren(he always plays "crazy" well i.e. Universal Soldier) and a hot chick.

Very happy with the movie.

8/10

Bummer.. I'll have to hope it's still showing in theaters after 2-3 weeks, as I can't watch during opening week. My wife is ready to give birth any time soon. :)

No. We don't. 80's action flicks were designed to leave your brain at the door, enjoy the action scenes, marvel at a few breasts, and watch the "good guys" win.

I expected that when I walked into The Expendables last night, as did the 6 friends that were born in the 70's did as well.

We got what we expected.

The film was a great action flick, good fight scenes(they WERE a bit dark, but they still made the Dark Knight's fight scenes look like they were filmed in a pitch black cave), cool weapons, one-liners, a psycho Dolph Lundgren(he always plays "crazy" well i.e. Universal Soldier) and a hot chick.

Very happy with the movie.

8/10

So you're saying this was a better 80's action movie than...

Die Hard, Predator, First Blood, RAMBO First Blood Part II, Aliens, Commando, The Terminator, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, Robocop, Lethal Weapon, Tango & Cash, Big Trouble in Little China, Death Wish 3, Cobra, Conan the Barbarian, The Road Warrior, Road House, just to name a few? Yeah I thought I deserved a bit better.

Watching a hot chick who never takes her clothes off getting water boarded was so awesome:slap.

Besides, all Stallone did was recycle his RAMBO script for this.

A 5/10 for me doesn't mean a 5/10 for you.

Mainia gave it a C. They are usually good at reviews.

This will be a Netflix watch for me.

How was terry crews in the movie ?

Saw it, glad I didnt pay to see it...they rarely make good films these days

Saw it, glad I didnt pay to see it...they rarely make good films these days

QFT!! This is why I dont go to theatres anymore, the crappy movies the studios fling out to make a buck are garbage these days

So you're saying this was a better 80's action movie than...

Die Hard, Predator, First Blood, RAMBO First Blood Part II, Aliens, Commando, The Terminator, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, Robocop, Lethal Weapon, Tango & Cash, Big Trouble in Little China, Death Wish 3, Cobra, Conan the Barbarian, The Road Warrior, Road House, just to name a few? Yeah I thought I deserved a bit better.

Watching a hot chick who never takes her clothes off getting water boarded was so awesome:slap.

Besides, all Stallone did was recycle his RAMBO script for this.

A 5/10 for me doesn't mean a 5/10 for you.

Yes, to the one's in bold, especially Tango & Cash. I thought the Indy movies were adventure movies :dunno

8/10 from me :rock

Back