SSW LOTR ENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One more point.
I think Chris or SS should put us straight.

Think of the people who are really saddend by the fact their Fav piece has not been made..and they cancel their Pre-Orders....to find out later all was not it seemed!:help

Keep digging, there's a pony in there somewhere!

Chris HAS set us straight. It's not a trick, an alternative reality nor does Rod Serling have control of your poly supply -

The fat lady has sung.

:vik

This has got to be a wind up! I mean, a wounded orc bust and a rohirrim soldier bust but no representation of denethor and faramir

I know if i'ts true it is a bit of a joke.:\ If i'ts not a joke though
the truth should be said now. there's going to be a lot of unhappy people that didn't get there statue.

Whats freaking halarious is that the more it gets stated that it's over by Chris and Dave the more I uncontrollably start to laugh. For some reason my mind wont believe its over. It's pretty funny actually. It just seems to keep being a bigger and bigger conspericy in my warped little head.

Jesse :lol

Well, the why announce the final three pieces now? Why not wait till SDCC and give people something to look forward to? This makes no sense to me.

I hear that Josh, I suppose the only thing yet to be seen at SDCC is the pictures of Aragorn at the Black Gate.

It could simply be that SS have moved on from LOTR and want SDCC to be focused on their other lines. :\

Smart marketing I say.

Well, does this announcement rule out Weta continuing the line without Sideshow?

I just can't believe the line would come to a close without Barad-dur, Denethor, and Faramir in some form. I mean.... I just can't believe that. There has to be a reason for such a decision. You surely don't decide to call it quits "becase the line has run it's course" when there are three such massively gaping holes in the collection.

... and don't even get me started on a Fellowship Pippin!

Gary

I could simple be that SS have moved on from LOTR and want SDCC to be focused on their other lines.

Yeah it does sound like there cutting the LOTR line short. So they can do King Kong, and Narnia.:\

I think Weta as far as their collectible lines go, are investing their eggs in the Kong and Narnia licenses. Think about it- instead of just doing one line as they've done with LOTR, they will now be potentially doing TWO full fledged lines of collectibles (not to mention their multiple sources of the real bread and butter- movies!)- where will they get the time?

My feeling is that they are ready to move on from LOTR. Best chance to have them come back is the failure of the other two lines. For now I'm going to believe what Chris says instead of the wild speculation.

What do you think this will do for prices?

Balrog drops to retail value on evilbay????

:poke

9500 Cancel sauron:rollin

Gotta go to bed now,I expect 600 Pages to read when I get back from a Concert on Sunday.

Have Fun guys!:wave

LotR is a proven successful line though and Kong and Narnia aren't. It would be foolish for them to give up a known quantity in favor of an unknown.

But Weta has decided that they can do it all themselves - perhaps they're trying to get a LotR statue line on their own. Perhaps SSC is doing the same.

May the best team win!

(all pure speculation of course)

But I sure do hope the SSC can do 1/4 and 1/6 LotR!

This is all very true. I'm not shocked about these pieces but more in the fact if it is true that these are the final three pieces and the way its ending.

I think it's more likely that the rarer ones, will go even more up in value.

So... is the Danbury Barad Dur still available to buy? I never purchased it in the hopes Weta would make one :(

I agree Josh, the way it is ending is very underwhelming. Mumak is a fan fave, as is the PJ, but why pic July 1? This could have been better addressed at SDCC.

I'm really happy these pieces are getting made but >: >: >: >:

So that's it then... this is how it ends...
I'd like to thank Sideshow and WETA for all thier hard work. :bow

Me to:toast , In a way were lucky we got the stuff we did. Thanks Sideshow-Weta.:toast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back