SSW Aragorn on Brego Has Arrived!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn Has Arrived!

First of all, FANTASTIC photos, Tom, and congrats on the low number. That is always a nice touch for the pieces.

I think the paint job and detailing found on the piece is simply amazing. Except for the rather pale facial paintjob, all looks much better than what has been seen before.

With all that being said, the piece just does absolutely nothing for me. The selected pose was the deal breaker for me. The whole "Retreat!" from the Black Gates just killed it for me. As stated many times before, I would have preferred the pose where he holds up Anduril while at the Black Gates. Simpler but more powerful and elegant.

But for those that ordered this one and like the pose, congrats! It's certainly a well detailed and painted piece.

This statue is everything I hoped for out of it. I'm looking forward to mine arriving on Tuesday.

Well, Aragorn at the Black Gate arrived today, and Wow. What kind of Ungrateful Loon-Bat Sideshow Freak it would take to put down this piece, I don't know. :google

But here goes (sort of). ;)

I still think it may be unneccessary, overly-ambitious and repetitive. And I still prefer the simple and regal elegance of the King pose. And it may have "cost us" a few characters who were never produced in any form. :monkey2

But, it's so cool, who cares. Nice job Sideshow & Weta, Again. :clap It seems like they were entering a renaissance of skill, scope, pose, artistry and execution when the line unexpectedly (to us) ended. It's a brilliant last piece to receive (except maybe some missing items from eBay) by any standard. And, that edition number isn't hurting anything either.

0008/5000 :D

Congrats on your lates (last?) addition! My credit card just got charged yesterday, so it won't be long!

spaceman said:
0008/5000 :D

That's great, they probably knew you and have awarded your work on the tracker...:D

Now, I'd like to see that happen on mine, too - this will be my last chance to get a low #...:rolleyes:

Very cool spaceman. Awesome # by the way. That's insanely low.

Arablates will be with me soon, so once he arrives I'll just need the cave troll and original rog! Woo!
Arablates, Legimarod and Gandalfax will all be displayed together I hope...

If anyone on this board has all the rider statues from Sideshow Weta, would you mind displaying them together side-by-side? That would also include Gothmog on Warg. I am anxious to see how each one compares to the others.

carbo-fation said:
If anyone on this board has all the rider statues from Sideshow Weta, would you mind displaying them together side-by-side? That would also include Gothmog on Warg. I am anxious to see how each one compares to the others.

I can do that in about a month. Then both of them will be delivered.:bow Can't wait on how it would look like. Freakingly awesome I think.:drool

#94 just arrived here. What an awesome statue. Almost too much detail. I put him next to the RWOS. So glad I got this one.

#99 is here in New York! Safe and Sound! Fantastic piece!

That paint job does look amazing. I haven't ordered this piece yet, but I will be getting it. I have to finish the rider series. Excellent photos. A great way to end the line.

Number 40 arrived today. :D

Overall great piece. Still doesn't look a whole lot like Viggo, but the face looks better in person than in pics I have seen.

Still waiting......:monkey2
....then I will have all the rider stachoos....but I have no digicam:monkey4

Mine arrived today. #39
I agree, a nice end to the LOTR line.

Last edited:

#0008 is a great number..................but I was close.................lucky number 0013................yay for me................my lowest number to date...................

It is a great statue......................great paint, great pose...............

#53 arrived yesterday. Gorgeous. Sad that its the last, but it is an exceptional one.

Thanks again WETA and Sideshow.

I have to say that I am impressed with all the low numbers that users of this forum gets. Is there anybody outside of US that gets the low numbers as well, or SS is sending to US the lowest numbers first :rolleyes:

I wasn't even aware of SS collectibles, when this statue was offered and I didn't get on the wait list but I probably will buy from ebay or from here in time

You really never know what number you are going to get. I have seen some low-numbered items in Europe. It just depends on which random pallet they start to unload and ship out. In this case, it looks like the first ones out got low numbers. With Legolas/Gimli, some of the first ones out were in the 800's.

They don't ship them in numerical order, but I have often noticed that the first ones out tend to be lower numbers more often than not.

Back