1/6 SSC Zuckuss Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I answered my own question from earlier about the breathing tubes. Wasn’t at home and able to check it out. They just tuck between the belt and cloak. Easily removed. I will try to give him a wash today.

On another note, FINALLY!!!

ae33ccf05feb6a0bf8505b68020974e5.jpg

6312ae9e07a68601aa90174b36a5bc45.jpg

“This will be a day long remembered.”

Mine came in and it looks good, but man is that leather material asking to crack. Super stiff texture that feels like they spray painted color on it

Finally arrived today! Great looking figure. Very well detailed. Low on the “battle worn” look but that can easily be remedied. Solid A for Sideshow.
4f8a0e85f6b7c44204be0221e8fbe9a2.jpg

710965f2884fc17149bfd331b50c6f9a.jpg

1d07aa08dfb0a6e980747edd5ef4472c.jpg

e01a5079c0d2cca8c69bb08c14585c54.jpg

c003d92183b7cb0effbce33aff453e87.jpg

Dengar tomorrow... pretty cool...
b5bb7233d56a40ccc03ca7f646f4f542.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

The one issue I have with the SSC Zuckuss (other than the head being a bit small/narrow as jedibear pointed out, but which is made up for by a killer-detail sculpt) is the colors really seem more based on the later Hasbro 4" figs (with that darker chocolate brown coat, orangish armor and pale head/tubes) than the onscreen Zuckuss.

The 12" Hasbro figure is way inferior to the SSC, but it does have the wider head and a color scheme that seems more like the movie character. Not sure I have the courage to dry brush the SSC coat lighter to bring it closer to the lighter brown.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Zuck.jpg
    Zuck.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 121
The head size could work on a shorter fatter body.

The SS color scheme does seem like a 'proto' stage. But some dirty wash could solve that.

The color of the leather robe is just wrong. Do I smell a custom project coming on?

I’d be too scared to mess with the robe. Only had the balls to wash the head and tubes haha

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about this fig. It's so superbly done, and yet the colors are so far off movie accurate, I'm worried I'd be tempted to try to tweak it.:horror

The colors Sideshow chose are actually fairly close to all recent Zuckuss figures/collectibles - the Kotobukiya statue, the Gentle Giant statue and the most recent Hasbro figure - so I have a feeling this choice might be another dreaded LFL mandate. It just seems odd that so many companies got the color scheme wrong... in the exact same way.

What's odd is if you look at these modern Hasbro figures, the more recent they are, the less like the movie character's color scheme they are (the one on the far right was an attempt to match the vintage figure at far left, so doesn't count):

SDCC10-368.jpg

Interestingly, the very first modern-era hasbro Zuckuss figure (not shown in the line-up above,) was the closest to movie accurate colors:

Z0082254.jpg

Those with an airbrush have the best shot at giving that leather robe the right amount of wear and dust.

I think with the right coloration this figure would be Sideshow BEST bounty hunter. Tempted to get one myself... don't own an airbrush though.

Back