SSC Zartan 12-Inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I'm not a fan of gimmicks with 1/6th scale figures in general--that includes light-up features and color-changing skin. I think the worst is gonna be that Ghost Rider, that looks like a $20 Hasbro toy with that crappy translucent flame. . .but I digress. I would honestly love for the Zartan Ex. to be an extra blue body with blue head. I would buy that _____ in a heartbeat. In fact, I would buy two complete figures so that I could display him both ways. But don't have much interest in putting my figure out in the sun (or freezer, if it works like the nausea green colored 25th Anniversary version) for that gimmick to function.

the color change for Zartan would be cool,but I have no interest in taking my Zartan out in the Sun..plus have to worry about if he will stay permanently Blue or Green.....its cool,but not required.Thats coolness belongs to the 3/4 80's figure.

I dunno. I think their debt to society was paid with Dusty. :lol

Josh looks like Eric Bana :dunno

I guess I look at the lights as central to Iron Man and color change as just a cheap gimmick to me not really fit for a collectible at these price tags.

Of course you don't.

thejew.png

Honestly, I'm not a fan of gimmicks with 1/6th scale figures in general--that includes light-up features and color-changing skin. I think the worst is gonna be that Ghost Rider, that looks like a $20 Hasbro toy with that crappy translucent flame. . .but I digress. I would honestly love for the Zartan Ex. to be an extra blue body with blue head. I would buy that _____ in a heartbeat. In fact, I would buy two complete figures so that I could display him both ways. But don't have much interest in putting my figure out in the sun (or freezer, if it works like the nausea green colored 25th Anniversary version) for that gimmick to function.

Ghost Rider looked beyond cool at Comic-Con for what its worth far above Hasbro. :lol If they did that for the Ex would give me reason to skip that version of the figure cause I would have no reason to want to ever display him looking like a 1:6th smurf.

Ghost Rider looked beyond cool at Comic-Con for what its worth far above Hasbro. :lol If they did that for the Ex would give me reason to skip that version of the figure cause I would have no reason to want to ever display him looking like a 1:6th smurf.
Well, I was exaggerating things just a tad :) , but I can't believe that it will look as good with translucent light-up plastic as it would if it were a painted flame. The idea just seems cheap to me, even if it is well executed. What's next? Spring-action grenade launchers? Rotate a guy's waist for him to give out an "action punch" a la the Super Powers?

Well, I was exaggerating things just a tad :) , but I can't believe that it will look as good with translucent light-up plastic as it would if it were a painted flame. The idea just seems cheap to me, even if it is well executed. What's next? Spring-action grenade launchers? Rotate a guy's waist for him to give out an "action punch" a la the Super Powers?

I know. Actually, I prefer the look of the translucent flames on pieces like Ghost Rider and the GTG vs Balrog Dio. Done right it can look great and what HT had at SS booth during the Con it was impressive.

Because some people just can't admit they were wrong. :wink1:
Wrong about what? Is someone claiming that it is impossible to recreate the technology of 1984 Hasbro?

Personally, as I said before--I don't care for this kind of gimmick in general (as I think it is more suited to children's toys than adult collectibles), but it wouldn't bother me as long as it didn't affect the default look of the figure. And as long as it didn't jack the price up too high.

However, I would like to have the option of blue Zartan on the shelf. As such, the interchangeable body would be the best solution. Otherwise, I guess you would have to pose one in the window or install a little skylight just above your figure.

Yeah, but that's giving you two figure options. Jacking up the price for a pretty pointless color change option in one body would be harder to swallow, particularly given recent trends in Sideshow figure prices.

Plus, the extra body should be the Ex., which would give buyers the option to pay more or not.

Because some people just can't admit they were wrong. :wink1:

I've personally never had a problem admitting when I'm wrong. I just really would prefer they skip out on something I feel is a better fit for something I might buy at Target than my $120+ toys.

Maybe they can make it if you dip it on hot water that way it would never change if on display. :lol I'd be ok with that.

Back