SSC Voltron: Defender of the Universe Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am from Canada and I just received this afternoon my Voltron and believe me it is incredible in person. The pictures do not do justice, the painting is correct and the yellow lion and the others one looks the metale in real. I am really satisfied.

IMG_7688.jpgIMG_7688.jpgIMG_7689.jpgIMG_7690.jpgIMG_7691.jpgIMG_7693.jpgIMG_7694.jpgIMG_7695.jpg

Another Voltron in the house here... Yeah the weathering sux but theres still a lot of reason to be excited!

IMG_6130.jpg
IMG_6131.jpg
IMG_6132.jpg
IMG_6133.jpg

Moon base is a bit drab- wonder if it can be livened up somehow with a bit of shine or luminecense or some such...

His foot is almost the size of my hand

IMG_6134.jpg

The sculpt is pretty phenominal. You can see he has inner parts to the legs and arms. He's not all surface, he's a robot ogre with layers :0

IMG_6136.jpg
IMG_6136.jpg
IMG_6138.jpg
IMG_6139.jpg

sword handle is slightly bent... cant tell though when hes holding it

Heres the bad. The weathering suuuux. However when you step back a couple feet, this statue has so much going on its hard to notice. It is a VERY busy statue. Eye candy if your analytically minded. Sux about the weathering and really think SS should have done better on it. But I have to say Im pretty satisfied with my purchase.

Terrible weathering on the chest
IMG_6144.jpg

Not so bad on the arms
IMG_6147.jpg
IMG_6146.jpg
IMG_6146.jpg
IMG_6148.jpg

Sitting here taking forever uploading pics, I keep noticing cool new little areas of detail in the sculpt.

Hip joint
IMG_6157.jpg

Knee joint
IMG_6159.jpg

Theres even stuff going on deep in the Lions mouth
IMG_6158.jpg

You cant see very well cuz its dark, but you can see all the way through the Lions foot, and even the inside that you can barely see is sculpted.
IMG_6160.jpg

Hats off to Harbottle. These sexy robot curves kick Sonjas sweet little round bottom. The attention to detail in the sculpt is really 1st class. Paint wise, I would say its not great, but its good enough. Good enough for a $1200 statue? No, but the sculpt is. I would classify this as a phenominal piece with mediocre paint UP CLOSE. Normal viewing distance you almost have the prototype. Still, SS did drop the ball there. This is plenty good to sit on anyones shelf and be impressive. However if this could be repainted, maybe different paint and better battle damage and maybe chroming the metal, it would hands down be the star of your collection- for all time.

Your Voltron looks better, and I agree. The weathering paint app is poorly executed. It looks like chicken scratches and black smudges here and there.
Looks like you're lucky enough not to get a copy with deep black lines on the thighs, but underneath his right eye is a black paint blot.
Congrats FS and thank you for sharing!

No prob man. Yeah the black mark is probably more battle damage lol. Not really noticeable so I dont think I'll worry about it. Been watching Raphael Robledo repaints on youtube, he does some pretty sweet chrome repaint tutorials on Sauron and Colossus. I have a $250 Dragon Age Fighter statue Ive been wanting to do it on. Should be good practice for Voltron hopefully. If you know of any good battle damage tutorials lemme know. Another guy here said they were easy, hope he posts something.

FS thanks, yeah love the gash on the green lion. I was thinking maybe the claw scratches on the chest are just to be in scale to a robeast heh

Well tomorrow I'll take pix. I sure hope I get similar thighs. That's my worst fear and doubt SS will exchange for one without the dumb outlines. I think while all have it some pix don't show it and some have it less than others.

I was gonna put the sword up too. I did that with the Kylo Ren it makes is skinnier in a shelf and looks fine actually.

Oh yeah thanks person in Canada lol forgot name

Super impressed so far with him...well the unboxing atleast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I'll say in person the colors look great. Super detailed and far larger than I expected. My thighs are not nearly as airbrushed as some but the backs of the legs are very battle damaged which I've not really thought I've seen.

The yellow lion must of had one person doing the same work. A lot of the damage is **** work but it has its positive pieces as well. If they just removed the crappy work there's enough good work for him to look good.

I'm going to post pix now that we have see a ton lol
IMG_5629.jpgIMG_5633.jpgIMG_5631.jpgIMG_5635.jpgIMG_5630.jpgIMG_5632.jpgIMG_5636.jpgIMG_5637.jpgIMG_5638.jpgIMG_5639.jpgIMG_5630.jpgIMG_5627.jpg

Holy sideways lol I forgot to flip one pic.

I wanted to add I'm not happy that the tail of the black lion has brush strokes on it and the one wing has a weird something on it.

IMG_5627.jpgIMG_5658.jpgIMG_5659.jpg

Just unboxed mine. I was ready to nitpick the $h!t out of this piece. I was negative as hell while opening this up. Grumbling and mumbling to myself about what I was about to see. I was fully preparing myself to see an actual pile of Chinese turds inside....BOY WAS I WRONG!!!! This piece is ****ing awesome!!!!!! I was expecting it to be much bigger. Don't get me wrong, it's huge...I was just expecting small child size I guess. I was ready to bash the battle damage, but mine looks fine. Some pictures looked like battle damage was applied with a silver crayon and that's not the case with mine. I was shooting daggers out of my eyes as I inspected the infamous yellow lion but it gave me nothing but love in return! Then I was expecting the red chest plate to be some flimsy piece of plastic, and it might be plastic, but it seemed strong think and awesome. That sounded like I was describing something else...anyway, I was just more and more impressed with each piece I inspected. I can't even begin to describe all the details...just amazing. I love this guy!! It's freaking majestic is what it is. I'm more than happy with mine. I feel bad for those that aren't half as pleased as I am. I don't know what to say to those on the fence about ordering. I guess if you're a fan and like the pictures others have posted then order this beast. I don't think you'll regret it.

Back