SSC Voltron: Defender of the Universe Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine they said the email was automated and didnt add account credits so Im good to gooooooo

Yes that was it. They have the absolute no doubt worst check out/payment system in history. This recent issue is one example but there's more just like the fact you can't pay all of it off as you see fit and how they have weird limits on how they process things.

preview_5002162_VoltronVarPrint.jpg

I bought the first one. Not a lie I rub it with my finger again no lie like a feather or lighter and the ink rubbed off. SS argued it's normal and even said to me they tried it themselves and the same thing happened there.

2 Red Flags

1 you say it's normal yet you still tried it yourself

2 you tested it and ruined an art print but you already told me it would ruin it and it's normal.

SS is full idiot mode all the time

Many people told me it shouldn't rub off that easy.

I got a 1:4 Hulk with mangled teeth, most people did. Normal was their answer back then too. They have awesome customer service but are terrible at dealing with their qc messes.

I like the animated style of the new print.

Hey Phastroh, feel free to send that smudgy print my way man, I will be more than happy too take it! :p I missed out on it...:(

Hey Phastroh, feel free to send that smudgy print my way man, I will be more than happy too take it! :p I missed out on it...:(

They told me on the phone they still had 2 prints. One was for a contest they cancelled so you should chat them up on line and ask.

It's not smudgy it just has a lighter spot. I'll see if I can find a pic I took. You'd likely not see it if you didn't know but that's cheap it rubbed off. Like the wind could do that I feel like and I had thoroughly washed my hands and dried and then air dried a while before I unrolled it.

Still SSs handling proves they are lying boobs. Right, let me go rub one to test what I already told you is normal then claim it too is now ruined. My arse.

Looks on kijiji ontario, someone sells the first version art print framing new.

Production pics are up, you can tell he lost quite a bit of weathering detail. Overall though he came out pretty close :yess:

Still don't like the airbrush work on the quads. I'm praying mine look weathered and not outlined like that pic.

Not sure why the would do that only on the front side since the back of the legs has zero weathering or airbrushed effects on those same lines. It only got weathered on his front thighs and not his hamstring area lmao.

Still excited just not understanding why that drastic change from the prototype. I am just as big of fan and just as excited to finally get this but the thighs look terrible in the pics, my eyes are drawn to this idiotic outline. As I said I pray mine is light as I've seen it a little lighter in other pix.

Still don't like the airbrush work on the quads. I'm praying mine look weathered and not outlined like that pic.

Not sure why the would do that only on the front side since the back of the legs has zero weathering or airbrushed effects on those same lines. It only got weathered on his front thighs and not his hamstring area lmao.

Still excited just not understanding why that drastic change from the prototype. I am just as big of fan and just as excited to finally get this but the thighs look terrible in the pics, my eyes are drawn to this idiotic outline. As I said I pray mine is light as I've seen it a little lighter in other pix.

You still don't like it?? Huh, I figured it would've grown on you over the past 30 days or whenever it was you started talking about this airbrushing

Picture is blurry.

Only thing Im a little disappointed with is the weathering on the chest. All it looks like they did is put the same tiny scratch in a couple dozen places.

prototype
IMG_6091.JPG

production
IMG_6090.JPG

maybe just pics or maybe will look better from not so far up the nose.

No I prefer the look in the photo above. It's still weathered without the outlining. I'm sorry it's just cheap looking to do that and call it weathering.

As for the chest I won't complain because I'm sure that will vary from artist to artist and it could be from a Robeast with a few lucky claw swipes lol

Prototype is far better in a lot of ways but the reason they can get away with these things is because weathering is not an exact science so it was bound to vary. Still not liking those overly airbrushed thighs and when the back appears to have zero weathering it's worse.

I hope when mine comes it's not so glaring and believe me I'm going to love it. Omg ship ship ship already.

Back