SSC TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone do me a favor and post a picture of their headsculpt's ponytails? Mine are grossly discolored.

image_zps612957b0.jpg

image_zpscd956093.jpg
image_zps6212281b.jpg

Last edited:
Ok my first thought is just wow the headsculpt and robe is really nice and the updated boots with added articulation is great.
I really like the light-up saber too, much nicer in hand i really like how you turn it on.
Having to switch out the forearm is annoying thought so i will just keep the light-up one on.
The special edition head looks great and i really like the padawan braid it moves nicely.

Here is mine:

It's funny looking back at this thread and all the Ford likeness jokes and the such. Typical Hot Toys nitpick drivel. And in typical fashion, they were all wrong.

Right off the bat, the paint is fantastic and the sculpt very nice. I've held the Rock n Roll exclusive head as the best SS production head but Young Ben here edges it out. Real nice work. And a shame that those stiff statue collectors get shoddy paint while the 1/6 guys have improved significantly over the last year and half or so.

The light-up lightsaber was something I didn't care about in the beginning. In hand it's a kewl feature and I like how they designed the on/off switch. It's looks good. I also like the thicker blade. But now the other sabers don't match.......

The robe is fantastic. Soft, thin and hangs great. The outfit needs the water treatment. Being in the package wrinkles the fauk out of it. The boots are decent, but too glossy. I like the EP2 boots better.

The hands almost perfect. Very nice job on them and you get a lot of them. Time to stock up and swap out some for the other figures.

Anyway, some pics.

Awesome pics guys! Getting closer to pulling the trigger on this.. :D

Not sure whether to get this or Wolffe.

Can someone do me a favor and post a picture of their headsculpt's ponytails? Mine are grossly discolored.

image_zps612957b0.jpg

image_zpscd956093.jpg
image_zps6212281b.jpg

Yeah mine are that way too, on both heads. It's a minor thing though and the rest of the figure is just is fine.
It's probably at a factory level though so sending it back wouldn't help much and would probably be the same.
Now i just want SSC to do more SW update figures like luke, vader, han, leia, emperor.
I need more SW figs :lsvader

Just opened mine. Can't say that I'm not disappointed.
It's just very toyish compared to other recent SW releases. The neck is the worst I have seen on a recent figure, not just the length but the texture, it's very very bad. I think there are elements of this that can look pretty good, and with a bit of work it could be an ok figure.

The good: SS have finally started to use the plastic on the headsculpts properly, looks much better and has some translucency to it which really helps the sculpts.
The hands are the best human hands I've seen from SS and are better than a lot of HT releases, they look like Enterbay hands which is a good thing.

The bad: pretty much everything else. the body, the neck the boots, the plastic belt, the plastic jedi braid (unacceptable) the giant sabre.

aaaaarrrgh....

Your view of this depends completely how discerning you are as a collector. If you want HT, EB or the recent 3PO quality, you won't find it here, but as a SS release it's not bad, I see definite improvements but a huge number of pitfalls.

I won't even comment on the "light sabre" because mine doesn't work, at all.

3/10

Yeah mine are that way too, on both heads. It's a minor thing though...
I get some people here dislike the so-called HT OCD but really? His ponytail should match the rest of his hair. :/ I guess it can be painted but seems a pretty basic thing to get right from the factory.

Wow :lol Looks like I'm saving up my money for Wolffe..

Thanks for an honest review Rorywan. :duff

:duff
Just my review, I'm sure some others will think it's the best release ever.

And look at those pony tail pics again closely (mine are like that as well by the way) look at the molding by the ear, theres a hole, look at the ring around the ponytail on the back of the head sculpt? Sloppy sloppy work.
And mine is exactly the same. First figure in ages which is worse in hand than in pics.
I can see how you could take some decent pics of this, I was all prepared to give it a go myself today, but instead I find
myself taking pics of the problems..:thud:

Last edited:
I would love someone to come on here and defend this level of manufacturing. (enlarge the pic below and have a good look, iphone pics)
The molding/seams/paintwork... awful. Looks like a cheapo knock off.

This is what nearly $150-200 gets you from SS in 2013? And this is just the head! :(

ob1_zps354df41b.jpg

Last edited:
I would love someone to come on here and defend this level of manufacturing. (enlarge the pic below and have a good look, iphone pics)

This is what nearly $150-200 gets you from SS in 2013? And this is just the head! :(

ob1_zps354df41b.jpg

I wont defend it but this is still the best 1/6 scale ep1 obi-wan to date and im happy to have it in my collection.

The paintwork on the heads is very good... still not quite as much variety of color as we see with other companies, but being a younger face you can get away with that. Definitely the best human paintwork I've seen from Sideshow.

Here's some pics:

ffr_zps1e61fcef.jpg

I'm seriously taking back my comment. I'm liking this portrait more and more. It has a lot of HTesque elements and even the stipple effect, though the stipple is more in scale than HT. The result seems a bit more softer sculpt versus the HT aesthetic (which I prefer), but this aint bad! I think the paint and sculpt does seem a bit softer, so it has more of a toyish look, but the pink tones and everything are there. In the end, I think I'm going to enjoy this figure...and I'm glad about that! :rock2:joy

Now, if someone would post a pic of the ankle joint and how it works, I'd be all set!

I just bought it from modelzone UK.. 130 pounds plus shipping, not bad plus it's being shipped with another figure so I save on shipping costs.

I agree this figure isn't perfect but it's the best EP1 Obi-Wan figure out there and it's not expensive like HT figures.

ob1_zps354df41b.jpg

These are more than nits, and you're right, these are the very things SS needs to go to work on double time! It's these little details that they need to understand we are paying attention to. Not great, but as I said, not bad, just some bad parts.

Thank you for your review Rorywan, I think this is the most honest I've read so far. No complacency just the truth even if it is not easy for everyone to hear. I collect 1/6 SSC because I had quality at a fair price. Padawan Obi Wan with this price increase is not quality; damage ... SSC became a clone factory? I do not believe when I see the quality of the Snowtrooper or Bossk. For a return of the Jedi:))) I expected better and I'm disappointed that's all.

Last edited:
Back