Premium Format SSC Thor PF and Destroyer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the right math....

It is 17 weeks divided by 450 bucks (cause you already paid $50 for the NRD) comes down to $26.47 which divided by 7 days (which is how many days you have in a week) comes down to 3 dollars and 78 cents......or 2.60 in euros if you live in Europe....:lecture

A Grande Starbucks Mocha without Whip cream........ $4.10.... :panic:

Big Mac meal at Mcdonalds......$4.35

A Gallon of gas in Chicago IL..........$4.50

A 26 inch 20 lbs Destroyer Maquette by Legacy Effects with light up feature...........priceless.......:yess:

...or $3.78 a day......

Worth it???? You tell me......:wink1:

Cheers

Bear
laugh2.gif

Is it worth $500? only you can answer that for yourself! for me it's worth $500 and that's why i ordered it. :yess:
:exactly: brother! This mofo will rule a collection. FACT!
Thanks guys/gals I've been on here a while as a guest and finally decided to join.
:horror That's a bold move! :lol
Now you can join in all the fun. Glad to have you around. :hi5:

When we have in hand pics we will know,but I think that Thor's costume is going to be epic!

I just got my Com Thor last week and it is awesome. I am on the fence on this one. I keep looking at the Com Thor and nothing compares to it

Barb this is what I order there
Venti Starbucks double shot (4 shots expresso) over ice
2 pumps classic syrup
1" of 2% milk
That is one awesome drink

I just got my Com Thor last week and it is awesome. I am on the fence on this one. I keep looking at the Com Thor and nothing compares to it
I had the EX and sold him to a fellow freak because the fabric used killed it for me. I think aside from that solitary fault I see, the piece is perfect. If the comic based PF was fully sculpted except the cap, I'd be singing the praises. I still think it's a fine piece nonetheless.

Mate, you are going through quite a lot of trouble to justify what essentially is you not ponying up to get the piece. Please show me one instance of a collectible of this type--a Marvel license, with the production qualities we have come to expect from SS and Legacy and, crucially, of this size [a whopping 26"]--that costs the $275 RRP you suggested.

Just one instance :monkey3

The destroyer armor has always had a simple design. That's how it is. And we (well I and the apparently only one other person on this planet that LOVE Destroyer) do not fault Sideshow in the slightest for delivering a classic. This is not the "Thor Movie Destroyer". This is Destroyer. Period.

It will go with any Thor statue; on any world; from any universe. Moreover, at 26" I'm seriously struggling to think of any other marvel character as tall as this piece.

I'm not saying you don't have a right not to like the piece; you do. Or that you have to agree with me and not order it; you don't have to :exactly:

What I am saying (is there even still a point at this stage in my rant? :dunno) is that the $500 price point isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be; nor is Destroyer less value for money than is the Thor movie PF

This is a really phenomenal piece. In fact, I think it's really really neat looking, however, I think that only higher detail warrants a higher price. I suspect that this design could be made in 1/6 or one 18th even, and have the same amount of detail. You couldn't do that with Thor or a lot of other 1/4 PFs, because you would lose a lot of texture, particularly after painting it, like the face. On this, there really is no texture to lose. In my mind, a lot of the justification of the price of these is the hand painting that is highly detailed. Polystone isn't that expensive, and these statues don't cost that much to cast. What costs the money is the hand labor involved in painting. A character with only one color is easy to do.
As far as "Legacy quality" the IM had a lot of paint issues as well as poorly fitting helmets at the mouth. After seeing the extremely sub par fit and finish on the IM,I really have zero confidence in "Legacy quality" The one thing that that the Legacy IM has that the regular SS IM statues don't is more intricate detail, because it is made up of so many separately cast pieces that are put together and are painted different colors. The paint quality was flawed and the assembly was often sloppy. IF the IM was painted and assembled perfectly then I would really be impressed with a Legacy piece. This piece will come out much better because it demands so much less skill to manufacture.

It's sweet but not flavored, i hate that stuff.
I dig that. Flavored coffee is crap. I happen to love the taste of coffee. Why spoil it? :gah:
Did you see Thor yet?
Man, I wish! I have been working all nighters for the past week and it will continue until I finish the 4 projects I'm working on. I gotta pay for these damn statues somehow! Please let us know what you think of the flick. I can't wait to see it.

Will do it's only 11:08 pm up here in Alaska. So glad that I have off tomorrow.

Back