Premium Format SSC Thor PF and Destroyer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dammit Jay you know I do...:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: I'm just seriously concerned with all that could be coming in the next few months (especially with SDCC) that I'll over book myself now and not be able to pick up a diamond later. thinking thinking...
ben-stiller_doIt.gif

bro you should totally pull it on Thor...now des is where my trigger finger is..f it. Thor EX and Des EX update me please :slap

:lol
HAHA! You folded! I probably will, but I might have to wait for payday. I've been broke lately and need every penny I can get. Hope it doesn't sell out before the 15th!

I overlapped the images from the scale representations for you guys as something to go by.

ScaleThor.jpg

Destroyer isn't even standing up straight so....what's it going to be fborecki? :lol

This couldn't be any worse!

The $499 price tag is exactly where I don't want it to be. I said earlier before the prices were announced that $500 was my limit and SSC has to go make this 1 dollar under!

Damn you SSC! :slap:thud::monkey4

Although nicely done, the Destroyer is way too simple a sculpt to justify $500, especially being painted only one color, so that it also has a simple paint job. Chrome paint for the Destroyer and tan for the base. Has there ever been a simpler sculpt made by SS for more money? This should be $299.99 tops, more like $275 because of it's simplicity. I think it's pretty hard to mess up such a simple character. I know the sculptor is outstanding at his work, but it isn't like sculpting a face. The Thor definitely gives you more for your money, like two or three times. However, Chris Helmsworth simply isn't Thor IMO, so I have no more interest in him as Thor than I do in David Hasslehoff as Nick Fury.

I mean, the IM mark VI Legacy piece is the same price and offers so much more.

Although nicely done, the Destroyer is way too simple a sculpt to justify $500, especially being painted only one color, so that it also has a simple paint job. Chrome paint for the Destroyer and tan for the base. Has there ever been a simpler sculpt made by SS for more money? This should be $299.99 tops, more like $275 because of it's simplicity. I think it's pretty hard to mess up such a simple character. I know the sculptor is outstanding at his work, but it isn't like sculpting a face. The Thor definitely gives you more for your money, like two or three times. However, Chris Helmsworth simply isn't Thor IMO, so I have no more interest in him as Thor than I do in David Hasslehoff as Nick Fury.

You are so right. I'm canceling.

This Destroyer also have light-up features which add to over all cost. I think the $499 price isn't too pricey. That said, I am spent atm and thus no order for me. :(

Can't disagree with anything you stated.

I'm still mad at myself for splurging on the War Machine Maquette that is in the same price range - so as much as I like this Destroyer piece, I'll most likely pass. :(

Something about the Destroyer just doesn't do it for me. I can't put my finger on it but there is something about the piece that just doesn't scream "Buy Me!". I love the overall look of Thor, the helmeted head looks a little strange but the unhelmeted is spot on, and how I will probably display it anyway. I have no interest in art prints so I'll be going the AD route so the hunt for the cheapest price begins now.

All these people _____in about the price astounds me..26 inches tall.. Not with his hand up in the air holding a hammer, no, 26 inches tall bent down a bit. This piece is going to be friggin HUUUGE! Using the Legacy Iron Man for a comparison is a JOKE. This piece is SEVEN INCHES (I know a lot of you don't know what that looks like, but trust me...IT'S HUGE lololol :) ) taller than the tiny little Mark VI (same price), and it features light-up as well. I personally think it's a fair price for what we'll be getting.

I'd like to draw your attention to what $275 bought you from Sideshow 5 years ago:

16" H (406.4mm) x 6.5" W (165.1mm) x 6.5" D

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=71191&ref=header&live&search

Last edited:
I'm not gonna be setting these guys up in battle so "actual" movie scale isn't much of a bother.

I agree with this statement which is one of the reasons why I didn't order Destroyer. Thor seems to be placed perfectly for a "center square" deal with the MK VI maquette to his left and the upcoming Captain America to his right. That is where I'm going with it.

Thor and Destroyer look pretty damn cool to me. I could give a rats ass if Destroyer is only 2" taller than Thor. Its not really an issue I don't think. I'm not gonna be setting these guys up in battle so "actual" movie scale isn't much of a bother.
:exactly::goodpost::lecture There's no way I could agree more, brother!

Back