SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have been a bit hasty with my comments (plastics claws)as I was rushing to work and messing with the figure at the same time! I'll update when I get home. All I know for sure is the claw disconnected at the base of the 'claw sheath', and it was flush. I would have thought that they would go into the sheath a bit like the Hot Toys version. A future Mod I suppose...

Ok, so the claws are metal and not plastic. Here is pic of the breakage. Looks like they are just glued directly on to the claw sheath. The claws are very nicely done. Just wish they were secured better. I've also attached pics of the nude body. I did not measure the body height but he is shorter than a typical 1/6 scale male body, which is perfect for this character. It's a very heroic sculpt, the arms are sculpted and painted very well, I give Sideshow props on different arm sculpts as well as coming up with a new body type. Although the arms look good, they do suffer from articulation or swivel at the base of the shoulder. I guess that is the compermise with this design. Overall the body does feel solid and has good porortions.

Thank you for all the pics, katkuru - and thank you to all of you who get this stuff early and post pics. Sorry about that claw - sideshow has an awful lot of design confidence in gluing metal to smooth plastic. Which is always a bad idea.

92EF8A7F-E209-42FF-A1AE-7951FCD2FB96.jpg

That's gonna result in a bunch of returns. All they had to do was make sockets in the glove part, for the glue to adhere better.

Wow the claws was a dumb idea , Sideshow needs to send that back to production . Those claws will not stay whatsoever. But love the body design. The rest looks great.

That's great to hear that the claws are in fact metal. This day and age it should be commonplace now. Plastic Claws pffff...but yeah, a very bad design choice to glue it to the plastic. Depending if I get any breakage I may just dremmel small holes into the sockets and glue them back in more sturdy. Well see. Should have mine today. Looking forward to playing around with him.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Well I could also still be wrong and that outline is just the glue residue outline visible on the base.

But I don't think SS engineering would've just glued heavy metal blades onto a plastic base especially one with so little coverage area.

Yeah, looks like the metal broke. There isn't enough surface area at the glove or the blade to make any kind of sufficient bond with glue to hold the blade. So I hope that's not the route SS took. I've never had to worry about broken blades with any HT or aftermarket claws I own. To be fair to SS those other claws had more plastic to insert the metal into.
I like the body and don't like it at the same time.
I can see why they went the fabric route with this figure. Any kind of spandex-like material might get snagged in all those joints.
I'm not buying this figure, yet. Like others, I'm waiting on a discount (heavy).
I like the unmasked sculpt. I'll probably buy that once it's parted out.

I don't collect comic figures but damn if this one isn't making me rethink it. I really like the head sculpts and body design. I know people don't think they should have to rework a high priced figure but I think this one could be a winner with just a couple simple mods. So tempted...

Alright got him and had a LOT of fun posing this guy. Really loving everything here. I can't decide though if I want to use the masked sculpt or my Last Stand Wolverine head sculpt on this guy while posed with the other Marvel characters. I was definitely careful swapping out the hands with the hands with claws. Really love this bulky body. And the unmasked sculpt is wonderful as well. Using that on my Days custom. Suit is nice but takes some futzing to look right. Design is weird. Overall, not sure it's a $250 figure. But rewards points brought it down to 180, which I didn't have any problem paying for this. I think that's a more reasonable price point.

IMG_20161229_110523_123.jpgIMG_20161229_110600_623.jpgIMG_20161229_110704_587.jpgIMG_20161229_110745_606.jpgIMG_20161229_110833_162.jpgIMG_20161229_110922_513.jpgIMG_20161229_111043_850.jpgIMG_20161229_111129_933.jpgIMG_20161229_111200_457.jpgIMG_20161229_111604_838.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Man so awesome, thanks for the great pics!

It may be overpriced, but to me it's worth it. Brown costume wolvie is super nostalgic and iconic to me, and to have a cool realistic comic style figure is kind of a collector dream come true for me.

Now if only I could somehow get figures of GrimJack and John Jaspers from Faust I would feel complete lol

Could somebody take some pics of him in a museum style pose next to other marvel hot toys? Im debating if i should sell my hot toys dofp wolvie

Back