SSC Jason Voorhees Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if Sideshow would throw in the Stan Winston head as a bonus? :dunno Can't see it but hey we can hope at this stage.

Yeah the mask is definite distinctive in pt III so hopefully SS fix that up also.

:exactly: I was going to say the same thing. I have the Crash pt 3 as well, it's perfect. The rounded SS mask loses Jason's look from pt 3, not completely, but it definitely changes his overall appearance being that the mask is the focal point of the character.

The Crash Creations P82v3 is just amazing, isn't it? You pull it out of the cool little CC 'evidence bag' when you receive it and - you're IN the movie! :)

Which is what makes all the Part III Jason depictions (in figures, statues, etc.) so lacking - because it's not just another hockey mask. The varied depictions of Jason across so many films have obscured that, but for those who do notice the distinction it becomes glaringly obvious when each new Part III piece gets released (and fails on the mask).

:exactly: I was going to say the same thing. I have the Crash pt 3 as well, it's perfect. The rounded SS mask loses Jason's look from pt 3, not completely, but it definitely changes his overall appearance being that the mask is the focal point of the character.

Exactly, they need to treat his mask the same as they would a face.......oh wait, this is SS......let it be, it's good enough! :p

They are so off in thickness that I wonder if they don't really have bodies underneath the clothing. Maybe they are just showing the parts as they sit right now?

My thinking exactly.....which is why Freddy's neck is all weird......

Overall these already surpass all 1/6 versions so far.....I am in.....unfortunately...with PCS AWIL coming also (and The Thing)...looks like another expensive year....better go buy more Detolfs...

I agree with your remarks regarding the physique of Richard Brooker in Part III, but Brooker didn't appear again as Jason in Part IV - that was Ted White (who is uncredited in the film itself, but was subsequently credited in Part VII when footage from IV popped up).

My bigger issue with this Sideshow 1/6 Jason is that, like their prior Part III, the hockey mask is simply too oval. The Part III mask was quite distinctive as a result of some odd vacuum forming process, and also because of the 3D visuals necessary for the film. It's more elongated than is typically depicted. Of all the fan repros of that mask, only one has hit the original on the head: Crash Creations' P82v3 mask. It's incredibly accurate like no other, and captures what is missing in all other Part III fan memorabilia.

b27336_e69ec9140d9047e498cf05c70ccf5de9.jpg

Agreed on the mask and I stand corrected on Ted White (but he was also a big-ish guy, or at least Jason appeared big in pt. 4). Forgetting the "R" was a brain fart because I know Brookers' name :lol

As far as the look I like this figure but yeah he looks too scrawny. Freddy looks alright but the long neck is throwing it off and I'm not as big of a fan to really know but the outfit seems somewhat off to me. If Sideshow prices these somewhat decently I may consider them. If they're $250 or above which I can easily see happening I'll be passing.

I think so because the sixth scale Jason giveaway now ends on the 12th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully we'll get full preview info Tues or Weds then. Still can't believe they pulled a fast one on us with this pre-order. I've NEVER seen them do that before. Very poor form to not at least mention the date change at least.

Price is $209.99 and will be going up for Pre-Order on Friday. Exclusive is the Harpoon Gun. Looks great and price isn't bad at all.

rba3qr.jpg

qx72w1.jpg

28ksv3c.jpg

2ilhedy.jpg

v3o9rd.jpg

2prit1y.jpg

2vlqmbd.jpg

2uoi7pw.jpg

2gtbt5e.jpg

2hhpz6c.jpg

IMO, it's worth the $. They'll be getting my money as I need a Jason in my collection. I can't wait to see the unmasked face.

IMO, it's worth the $. They'll be getting my money as I need a Jason in my collection. I can't wait to see the unmasked face.

Agreed. I need a part 3 Jason my collection and don't plan on spending 1K on a custom one. Order a machete from Fergo and I'm set.

Price is $209.99 and will be going up for Pre-Order on Friday. Exclusive is the Harpoon Gun. Looks great and price isn't bad at all.

rba3qr.jpg

qx72w1.jpg

28ksv3c.jpg

2ilhedy.jpg

v3o9rd.jpg

2prit1y.jpg

2vlqmbd.jpg

2uoi7pw.jpg

2gtbt5e.jpg

2hhpz6c.jpg

First off, thanks for posting this!

Secondly, that looks SO cool and the price is right. I am IN Friday.

A worthy exclusive. This is an easy purchase really.

mask seems a bit off but not enough to dissuade me from buying.

I'll be in for sure. Plus I have a $25 gift card I will use on this.

Oh boy!! That looks f'n great! I was worried they'd try to milk it for every penny but that's a nice price. Thanks so much for posting, I'll be drooling over those pics the next 6 to 12 months.

Back