SSC Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't understand why they went with this expression over the one on the poster. I mean, doesn't everyone want to pose him with the gun in one hand and a broken CB in the other? For that matter, why didn't they include the broken CB?

Mine arrived and I really don't think he's all that bad. The photos I've seen in this thread make the head look much larger than it is but I haven't removed his jacket yet (remember: posing him the way he looks on the poster) so perhaps the jacket adds enough bulk to make the head look proportional? Dunno. I agree that the tongue is too bright which makes it look like he's wearing lipstick depending on the angle you view him at.

Sorry I couldn't take more pics, but I'm at work and my boss is in town so I have to be seen doing work while at work rather than playing with my dolls. :)

View attachment 413287

Totally agree with everything you said. The poster expression would of been much better, I am still pretty happy I got the fig though.

I don't think this photographs all that well, in hand it's much better. It can be nit-picked to death (justified or not) but it's far from being an absolute failure. Just got mine and I'll keep it. If someone else releases another Jack Burton figure I'll probably get that as well. At least this finally came out.

JackB2.jpg

JackB1.jpg

Molecule8 Endo just got pushed to the end of the year.

Last edited:
It's interesting, to me the first pic looks pretty terrible but the second looks better. Mine arrives Thursday but I haven't decided if I'll keep it or just leave it boxed and try to make my money back somehow.

Saw this in person today. I was very glad that I didn't order it myself, as I had been very tempted, been a fan since I saw the film at the cinema during its original release back in the day.

The outfit would be a good basis for a kitbash, but personally I could never live with that head sculpt, and I'm not convinced a repaint would make it all that much better, because while the current paints are clearly doing it no favours, personally I think the production sculpt itself is too deeply flawed, and even a really good paint up can't overcome that.

Still, to each their own.

I don't think this photographs all that well, in hand it's much better. It can be nit-picked to death (justified or not) but it's far from being an absolute failure. Just got mine and I'll keep it. If someone else releases another Jack Burton figure I'll probably get that as well. At least this finally came out.

Molecule8 Endo just got pushed to the end of the year.

can u post pics of the eye monster?

Detail on the Guardian is pretty good. Figure overall isn't all that bad, unless you're using a DSLR I just don't think it photographs well.

Agree on the guardian, and I do like the clothing/figure. Just not sure being not all that bad is worth that level of money to me. Seems like they could have picked an easier expression to sculpt.

OK, having had the figure since Tuesday morning I now love it and retract my original negative thoughts. It looks fab on my shelf and is a stand out figure when it is posed properly.

Agree on the guardian, and I do like the clothing/figure. Just not sure being not all that bad is worth that level of money to me. Seems like they could have picked an easier expression to sculpt.

All that bad... meaning it's not nearly what people are commenting based on poor photos without having it in hand. That is of course everyone's opinion one way or another...

It's up to you what you spend your $ on.

Actually Molecule are going to release a quarter scale Jack Burton and it looks amazing.

I am going to cancel my SSC Jack Burton as it looks nothing like the proto.

Actually Molecule are going to release a quarter scale Jack Burton and it looks amazing.

I am going to cancel my SSC Jack Burton as it looks nothing like the proto.

:lol Maybe you should read this first:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/general-collectibles-action-figures/178711-molecule8-1-6th-scale-john-lennon.html

I've had their Endo on order and it's been pushed back at least 3 or 4 times already. If they do release Jack I may get that, but do I really need a 1/4 scale doll?....

Yes, everyone needs a quarter scale Jack Burton.

I hope it doesn't get pushed back like your endo, but i cant see it being released in the next year, possibly even the year after.

I'm hoping they will have a presence at San Diego Comic Con this year, but I'm not holding my breath.

It looks okay. Bad decision on the expression. The face should be better painted, especially for the ridiculous price SSC is asking for this.

Received mine today. Glad to have Jack Burton in the collection.

86b5359b14b186a80b512f5eab79173f.jpg

e38903fc6339cb3b2cc362af681b01b8.jpg
Now that's the first time the head hasn't looked oversized without the jacket on! So I pulled the trigger today right before I went to bed and ordered Jack with my reward points. Basically, it was only enough to equal free shipping. This movie is in no way near and dear to my heart. Being a kid in the 80's, it was never on my radar. So even without the nostalgia, I just love Kurt Russell. I wonder if someone will ever use this head to make a custom Dean Proffitt from Overboard? People wouldn't have a f ucking clue which movie the figure is from lol, but Overboard is my favorite Kirt movie.

Back