SSC Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feel like there's a strong chance I buy this and paint lipstick on my custom one. Do wish SS would give a little more accessory wise(the pullover would've been good) for the price, but this looks pretty good. Fingers crossed final product looks this good.

I'm happy about getting a great looking figure of a license that fills my heart with joy. Would I like to pay less? Sure, but that's what it costs so I have to either let it go without crying about it and spend my money on other stuff....or I suck it up and pay what I am willing to pay and be happy with what I have.

I've just gotten a little weary of these forums filling with posters who are so negative all the time and drag themselves and everyone down into a pit of cynicism. It just gets old.

I think the bad blood people have with SSC 1/6 offerings is that they are charging Hot toys pricing, but getting sub par results. Sideshow's track record has been pretty iffy in the quality department on a lot of their offerings. Attitudes will change when SSC ups their game. I would love to buy Jack, but I am not getting my hopes up that it will be stellar figure.

Don't worry about not having a second head sculpt. You know without a doubt that you'll be able to buy one from OSK before too long. They just showed a Walker Shane head and that was only 30 seconds of screen time. Lipstick Jack will be available.
Ryan

I'm ok with the price based on edition size. With SSC really stepping up their paint quality I am ecstatic to get this figure. One of my most wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the bad blood people have with SSC 1/6 offerings is that they are charging Hot toys pricing, but getting sub par results. Sideshow's track record has been pretty iffy in the quality department on a lot of their offerings. Attitudes will change when SSC ups their game. I would love to buy Jack, but I am not getting my hopes up that it will be stellar figure.

:exactly:

I am still holding out hope that something will come along to justify the price point on this figure so that buying it won't make me feel like a sucker but I can still only imagine if Blitzway had this license...they are charging less for each Ghostbuster with all of those amazing accessories...K.A. Kim headsculpts (arguably the best sculptor in the field right now) and there is no way that Russell's likeness (NECA, Asmus have already used it) commands more than the notoriously anti-commercial Bill Murray's...so we could have a Blitzway Jack Burton with their awesome sculpting and paint apps for the same price or less...but instead we have this...want it but it is a pretty bitter pill...

I'm ok with the price based on edition size. With SSC really stepping up their paint quality I am ecstatic to get this figure. One of my most wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you post pictures when you get it. Im looking forward to getting mine tomorrow.

I am still holding out hope that something will come along to justify the price point on this figure so that buying it won't make me feel like a sucker but I can still only imagine if Blitzway had this license...they are charging less for each Ghostbuster with all of those amazing accessories...K.A. Kim headsculpts (arguably the best sculptor in the field right now) and there is no way that Russell's likeness (NECA, Asmus have already used it) commands more than the notoriously anti-commercial Bill Murray's...so we could have a Blitzway Jack Burton with their awesome sculpting and paint apps for the same price or less...but instead we have this...want it but it is a pretty bitter pill...

Why do you want it if you are so unhappy with it? If you love it...love it. if you are not happy with it...don't buy it, but lamenting about "what it ISN'T" just makes you sound like you create your own "bitter pill"s. But that's just my opinion. Opinions are what forums are for...

What time does this go live?
Does Sideshow have a "usual" live time for figures?

Back