SSC Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When Sideshow gives you...

tumblr_ngxyfiDUwk1s02vreo1_400.gif

just PM T-Squared

T-Squared, I know you said you still weren't much of a fan of it from the front, but would you mind taking a photo of your repaint from the front and posting it, anyway?

i really like mine stock, but ill be damned. i have no idea how you paint so well....thats amazing.
Yeah, me too. T-Squared really made the 5 o'clock shadow pop. It really is an amazing paint job, but I think the stock one comes off as more realistic..with that semi-translucent skin look.

Great job t-squared!!! I also like mine stock, but I may pm you as you do great work.

I like this figure a ton, but I do agree that it should have been priced around $150. It really needs more accessories. Now I'm hoping that some industrious souls create more 6 scale props from the movie. All in all though I'm happy with him though.
dce44e258cbe40c211119488ccb5653b.jpg
836385e534cfde6000e401f5a9afe158.jpg
a197a6e636919a2c66167f9878e02f12.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

T squared, youre one of the best painters in the game bud, and you improved this tenfold, but man, I just think this sculpt is unsalvageable

Yeah, me too. T-Squared really made the 5 o'clock shadow pop. It really is an amazing paint job, but I think the stock one comes off as more realistic..with that semi-translucent skin look.
Would be a different story if it were a flesh colored cast, but it's white underneath. Sideshow couldn't even get that right.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Would be a different story if it were a flesh colored cast, but it's white underneath. Sideshow couldn't even get that right.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had no idea it was white resin... I assumed that was why it looked so pale; they had a pale tint to the resin. Man, so really no reason they couldn't have given him a better skin tone :lol

For what it's worth.... like most others, I just opened him today, and I'm quite happy with him. Obviously too expensive, but he actually looks decent. Could be because the horrible initial pics/vids made him look so bad, but with actual human eyes at viewing distance, he's fine.
Not posed or futzed, I just took a couple of quick pics on my shelves (which have natural daylight LEDs):
P1010865.jpg
P1010866.jpg
P1010867.jpg

I agree with earlier points about the hands. Due to the softness, although they hold the accessories fine, they are troublesome when posing. Because they are so soft, just the slightest touch on the accessories will move them out of place, or the finger off the trigger.
Also, one of the areas of adjustment that really helps is the tank top. Out of the box, the tank top is tucked ALL the way into the jeans, and hugging the torso very tight. In the film, he wears it a little looser, with some of the material a little loose around his waist. I'll probably water-treat the tank top so it hangs more natural, but it helps if you pull a little out of the waist, and push the waist of the jeans down a touch. The tailoring is fine, and the denim jacket (probably rarely used) looks great! Personally, I'm not bothered by the elbow joints or shoulder seams, because in my view, these are still action figures, and I don't necessarily need them to look like miniaturized people.
Overall, count me in the very happy group!!
P1010876.jpg
P1010874.jpg
P1010879.jpg
P1010882.jpg

Also, adding a hunch to the pose helps (my pics are pre-hunch). If you watch the film, Kurt Russell is hunching over most of the time, so a slightly looser tank top, with a hunch in the pose, does wonders to the look of the figure.

I also have to say, after re-watching the movie for the umpteenth time this weekend, this facial expression is actually the most common look on his face the whole film. It's a fair creative decision....

Sardo, agreed. You def have to futs with the shirt, it needs to be more loosely tucked in like in your pics, out of the box it's too tucked in.

Thanks to Chalor, followed his link and got myself a CB radio for $5 off ebay.

https://i.imgur.com/agXH6Fw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5TVSASA.jpg
Awesome! I dipped the cord in some boiled water/cold water dunk and now it hangs perfectly natural - just like the movie poster. Now all I need to do is paint over the 'falcon' writing. Here's how it looks - I just stuck it on a hand for the pic since I haven't removed Jack from the box yet.
Screenshot_2018-06-27-01-45-52-1.jpg

Awesome! I dipped the cord in some boiled water/cold water dunk and now it hangs perfectly natural - just like the movie poster. Now all I need to do is paint over the 'falcon' writing. Here's how it looks - I just stuck it on a hand for the pic since I haven't removed Jack from the box yet.
View attachment 415083

I didn't even think about futzing with the cord and using the hot/cold water trick, that's a great idea, thanks!!

Back