SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SS Facebook announcement G.I. JOE: Helmeted Cobra Commander

970828_492072287529878_1650435966_n.jpg

This pose is sooooo awesome, now im gonna have to hunt down a throne :thud:

I'm still stoked I got the throne with $50 off it while it was on the gift card list.

Definitely switching out the trashy Pro body though...hopeful the pegs in the boots aren't as difficult to remove.

O.K thanks thought the hooded Cobra commander version was the mail away version from back in the day we all had...Glad to get him back, he was often stolen or M.I.A from some after play time ha ha.

Last edited:

Yeah, helmeted version was originally a mail away in 1982 and then came carded in 1983. Hooded version was mail away only beginning in 1984 and was never released carded.

is it me or does the new hood sculpt look to plastic around the eyes

is it me or does the new hood sculpt look to plastic around the eyes

It's just you. :) C'mon, this CC looks great. I often take issue with certain SS pieces but they got this guy bang on. Can't wait to PO and hopefully they made Baroness 1/6 look better/hotter because I wasn't that impressed with her. This guy however, looks awesome. :clap

Sorry if facts are blurry I was like 8 in 1984 ha ha some cool toys from back in the day are back again SO.SWeeeeeeeeeeeet IT IS to be able to OWN them once again....

Looks fun, kinda tempted to get, brings back so many memories.

Im just glad SS isn't going HT expensive, nice to see this comes with an extra head sculpt and is only 174 seems like a bargain after all the latest HT releases and po's, lol

I am a huge fan of Cobra Commander and the battle helmet look is my favorite. On this figure, the helmet is a little off. Otherwise, this looks absolutely perfect. Much better than I expected to be honest.

Helmet's the dealbreaker. I mean they can't even get that right?!?!? For eff's sake. :slap:

The only thing now that I think about it what bothers me.. In 2009 at the sideshow SDCC panel I asked why the first CC didnt come with an alternative helmeted portrait. After some delay and the panel looking at each other. They stated that the uniforms weren't the same, yet we finally get what I asked for. Lol.

* not a complaint, but would anyone else say the helmeted version reminds you of the Resolute CC version?

The only thing now that I think about it that bothers me with this figure.. In 2009 at the sideshow SDCC panel I asked why the first CC didnt come with an alternative helmeted portrait. After some delay and the panel l

Don't worry, regardless, Sideshow has greatly improved from the first 1/6 CC. That piece is still nice, and it's nice to own both (if you will) but I much prefer this newer release. I really hope Baroness looks better too.

970828_492072287529878_1650435966_n.jpg

This pose is sooooo awesome, now im gonna have to hunt down a throne :thud:

:lol Yeah, I see the Thone climbing up in price soon now with this guy on the horizon.

Anyone else going to ditch the boots and give him shoes with stirups?

That would be sweet, but I doubt the pants are tailored right for the classic look.

This was my commission for Sideshow collectible last year and I am happy it is finally available now :

20121101_174049.jpg

20121101_173658.jpg

_MG_2105.JPG

_MG_2108.JPG

3.png

1.png

1.png

4.png

Thank you for the tailoring! :duff

Back