SSC General Hawk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a Joe fan, I grew up with them at their peak in the 80s, I'm just not a fan of the way Sideshow does them. I'm not big on bad mouthing things that companies put out because if you don't like it then don't buy it but for the price their charging now they should be on par with Soldier Story or HT standards. Not recycling parts from other Joes they already put out. On top of that SSC sucks at their paint apt and the figures body are pretty weak. I figured if you're such a Joe fan you would want better, I know I do.

I have no problem with overlap of accessories and clothes patterns, they are all related military. But they all also have their distinct items that set the characters apart from each other.

Price? We can _____ about price all day long of everything. Even Hot Toys is charging far more than they should. Triad, Enterpay, Medicom. All overcharging for what you get.

Bodies. I like the pro, all versions of them.

Sure Flints paint aps sucked, but their paint is getting better and their recent offerings have proven that. And the person who has painted the recent Joe protos is also helping out with the factories as well. And he likes what he sees.

But as I was saying, this figure is almost a exact copy of the original 85 Hawk, the closest of the line so far. If he is boring so is the original. And I don't see how a Joe fan could say that.

:lecture

How close they got it to the vintage figure trumps all.

I don't see how $135 is too much for everything this figure comes with. An identical Hot Toys figure with that jacket and the rest of the gear would be well above that price.

Body is more articulated and more durable than the True Type, and at this point has only one credible issue, which is the ratcheted knees.

Recycling is a dead horse here, so I'm afraid you won't find much sympathy except from the congenital whiners.

I don't have an issue with paint on these, but maybe an extra $15 per figure would get it to HT level. :dunno

The paint apps :slap, if you can do better send SS your resume

These figures are pure awesomeness for anyone who collected the original 3 3/4 line

I have no problem with overlap of accessories and clothes patterns, they are all related military. But they all also have their distinct items that set the characters apart from each other.

Price? We can _____ about price all day long of everything. Even Hot Toys is charging far more than they should. Triad, Enterpay, Medicom. All overcharging for what you get.

Bodies. I like the pro, all versions of them.

Sure Flints paint aps sucked, but their paint is getting better and their recent offerings have proven that. And the person who has painted the recent Joe protos is also helping out with the factories as well. And he likes what he sees.

But as I was saying, this figure is almost a exact copy of the original 85 Hawk, the closest of the line so far. If he is boring so is the original. And I don't see how a Joe fan could say that.

:lecture What they've done with Hawk here is everything we've wanted from this line. He's perfect. Literally.

They did a great job with this figure. I'm in no way a GI Joe elite collector, and honestly my GI Joe buying as a kid had slowed down by 86' so the MMS version Hawk was all I ever had. That being said I'm not getting this, but I can't imagine the hardcore Elite wouldn't be super stoked. This is perfect.

yeah this line is easily Sideshow's best(and its just gonna get better)...even better than their Starwars line

That's what I love about this board, people stick up for what they like.
To be honest I'm just not really big on any of Sideshows 1/6 lines quality, that's because I collect mainly HT and SS. I have a few SSC figures;
Snake Eye, I got him cause he's 1 of my top 4 Joes. Only after heavy mods was I happy with him.
Beachhead, same as SE.
Duke, same as SE, even after mods I'm still not 100% happy with him.
Bespin Luke, favorite fig from my favorite SW movie. Very Heavy mods done to that fig. After seeing him I wont buy another fig from that line.
Reservoir Dogs Mr. Orange, I got him cheap so I can bash a Hulk Blonsky fig.
The Joes and Luke are the best on the market right now so that is why I got them but out of the box SSC doesn't even come close to HT or SS. With their price passing SS and catching up to HT I think they should put out a better to product. The only other Joe I'm planning on buying is Low-Light so I can round out my big 4.
I also think it's funny how people of this board like the figures but love when they are modded with better bodys from HT or better paint apts done by elvis, boot or CREG.
I'm just too picky I guess, I want a better Joe. I don't want to buy Hawk just because he's the only Hawk on the market, I want to buy Hawk because he's a great figure.

These Joe figures IMO are as good as any military product out from anyone. The paint apps and details of this line are just really top notch and don't need mods to be as good as anything out there. Sure some might to make themselves feel better but thats not an issue with the figure so much as its an issue with the person.

I wouldn't have any nitpicks about Beachhead or Duke. Not sure what would need moded about those figures. That veers on retentive.

Some folks just like to mod for the hell of it.

mod_logo.gif

mod_logo.gif
mod_logo.gif

mod_logo.gif
mod_logo.gif
mod_logo.gif

mod_logo.gif
mod_logo.gif
mod_logo.gif
mod_logo.gif

I wouldn't have any nitpicks about Beachhead or Duke. Not sure what would need moded about those figures. That veers on retentive.

I would agree. Both of those figures came with everything to get their classic look, Beachhead pretty much had it as well. The only thing I did was gave them watches and a smaller red beret for BH shoulder.

Snake Eyes, yea had to change a little to get the look I wanted. He seemed ok stock, but better on the ATT only cause of the skin tight shirt. Once the Version 1 style rolls around, he will be on a 1.2 and a sweater like Beachhead, so I see no problems then with being skinny.

The next 3 more figures have to be core cobra members. We have 6 core Joe members and only 3 core Cobra members (soldiers and officers dont count). I'm patiently waiting for Destro, Zartan, Scrap Iron, etc.

Back