1/6 SSC Dengar Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my look at the new Dengar. Pleasantly surprised with this one, despite a few nits to pick. Overall glad to finally add him to the bounty hunter collection! Hope you can check out the video, give it a like, and subscribe (hopefully Zuckuss arriving within the next week!)

Shame on me, I completely forgot ssc had this up for order until I seen someone post that they just got it on facebook...

just ordered it now since it has free shipping for some reason. Bonus. :yess:

I think he turned out great! I removed the stock on the rifle and painted the tip silver.

55f2a94c502fc02a83cc52904d6af262.jpg

1049c8756253a9d3c95cfdb6016f55bf.jpg

Finally!!!!

7e59f15aade43206742d6c9ee6c6e2f1.jpg

b69cb6a0dd0246d6b8abd4c7406029f7.jpg

Nice setup Greedo. Good job modding the rifle.

I think I'm going to have to make my own head wraps for him. I don't like the look of the plastic.

I think I'm going to have to make my own head wraps for him. I don't like the look of the plastic.

Kinda have to agree about the wrap. Too shiny at the very least, gives away the illusion that it's fabric. I wonder if matte varnish would help...

I’m with you Chakaman! I can’t stand the plastic wrapps. Why did Sideshow go through the trouble of making his headpiece out of fabric, but then decided that the wraps should be plastic? The difference in material is obvious. The hard part now is going to be matching the fabric.

Kinda have to agree about the wrap. Too shiny at the very least, gives away the illusion that it's fabric. I wonder if matte varnish would help...

I’m with you Chakaman! I can’t stand the plastic wrapps. Why did Sideshow go through the trouble of making his headpiece out of fabric, but then decided that the wraps should be plastic? The difference in material is obvious. The hard part now is going to be matching the fabric.

I did a custom Dengar with cloth head wraps a few years ago. Shouldn't be too hard to match up the fabric. I planned on giving all the wraps a dirty wash anyway, so matching the color won't be an issue.

The plastic head wraps remind me of the Hasbro version. I can't get that out of my head.

Here's my look at the new Dengar. Pleasantly surprised with this one, despite a few nits to pick. Overall glad to finally add him to the bounty hunter collection! Hope you can check out the video, give it a like, and subscribe (hopefully Zuckuss arriving within the next week!)

:clap Great as always.

I like how the plastic beanie part is removable - you can do a ROTJ Dengar look. The inner hood (no turban/beanie) is how Dengar appears in Jabba's throne room (along with no backpack and different weapon) though he has new back armor on there.

I wish I could have afforded this SSC Dengar fig - had to make a custom one (without spending any new $$) while using the saved funds to buy the HT Leia Hoth. I'm really wanting to get the SSC Zuckuss because it looks so awesome, but just spent $190 for the Tarkin. This is becoming such a huge financial challenge and juggling game.:gah::lol

GREAT Review!!' Thanks for posting!

I like how the plastic beanie part is removable - you can do a ROTJ Dengar look. The inner hood (no turban/beanie) is how Dengar appears in Jabba's throne room (along with no backpack and different weapon) though he has new back armor on there.

I wish I could have afforded this SSC Dengar fig - had to make a custom one (without spending any new $$) while using the saved funds to buy the HT Leia Hoth. I'm really wanting to get the SSC Zuckuss because it looks so awesome, but just spent $190 for the Tarkin. This is becoming such a huge financial challenge and juggling game.:gah::lol

Thanks for checking out the review. Apart from the limited articulation in the legs and torso, I'm pretty happy with how Dengar turned out. Really looking forward to checking out the details on Zuckuss now! Will be a great looking Bounty Hunter display with Han in Carbonite I think!

Thanks for checking out the review. Apart from the limited articulation in the legs and torso, I'm pretty happy with how Dengar turned out. Really looking forward to checking out the details on Zuckuss now! Will be a great looking Bounty Hunter display with Han in Carbonite I think!

I'm actually sweating on your Zuckuss review - might push me over the edge to press that BUY button.:lol

I'm still with jedibear to some degree in thinking I can maybe take my Hasbro 12" Zuckuss (which is not a bad sculpt in terms of head and pipes/chest gear,) give him a repaint and redo and have it look maybe 80% as good as the SSC version, then just tick it off as "lesser character, end of the line-up" kind of thing, but the SSC fig looks awesome.

Out of Dengar, 4-LOM and Zuckuss, everyone seems to be saying Zuckuss is the stand-out, which is the last thing I expected. As always, if these figs were in the $130-150 range, buying them all would be a whole lot easier decision, and add that to the fact that for the same money (or less) you can get Tarkin and Leia Hoth - truly remarkable human figs that are just stunningly realistic.

It really is. So many good figures coming out, part of the problem with two 1/6 companies competing. It's not like we're picking the best of the same figure (except for ROTJ Luke, which is fun/interesting) in reality the result is just way more characters. I actually have some higher credit card balances than usual lately and am feeling the impact of impending figures (Leia/Tarkin) quite a bit more. *heads to sideshow to put Leia on flex*

It really is. So many good figures coming out, part of the problem with two 1/6 companies competing. It's not like we're picking the best of the same figure (except for ROTJ Luke, which is fun/interesting) in reality the result is just way more characters. I actually have some higher credit card balances than usual lately and am feeling the impact of impending figures (Leia/Tarkin) quite a bit more. *heads to sideshow to put Leia on flex*

My own rule of only 1 figure per month is under a lot of strain. I was kind of hoping hoth Leia and Tarkin would be farther out.

I'm still with jedibear to some degree in thinking I can maybe take my Hasbro 12" Zuckuss (which is not a bad sculpt in terms of head and pipes/chest gear,) give him a repaint and redo and have it look maybe 80% as good as the SSC version
True indeed. It's only been a few years since I sold my Hasbro Zuckuss - so its awesomeness is still fresh in my mind. Looking at movie stills just now and Hasbro really got the overall proportions way more accurate than Sideshow. From the shorter height, to the larger head....even the head coloring is more accurate. The Sideshow one is definitely overall better; but it does have an average height/non-stocky look about it. And it looks like the head is just the color of the plastic..not painted. There's suppose to be very dark and prominent markings on the head. It's like Sideshow 'researches' every aspect but the actual movie. I can't wait to see pics of custom paint jobs on this figure (which ill probably tackle). Even with these flaws; I can't wait to proundly display it..and Dengar of course. I just hope to god Hot Toys never makes these characters. Their ESB Fett has already got me stressed out😮

Received my Dengar today and I gotta say I really like it. I'm gonna buck the trend and say I prefer it to Zuckuss. Unfortunately the magnets securing the backpack were installed incorrectly so the figure repels the backpack :gah: I thought I could pop one of the magnets off and reverse it for an easy fix, but they are flush in recessed compartments and secured quite well so trying to dig one out is going to cause damage. I've shot SS a query to see if they have any ideas.

In the meantime old Dengar is without his backpack and daydreaming about aiming his blaster down at Vader and pulling the trigger.

KIdDN0j.jpg

s7J9NW3.jpg

Back