1/6 SSC Dengar Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the clean shots, SS-how is the body (loose? Hold a pose?)

Maybe it's just the camera effect, but the chest armor looks a bit narrow - ole' Dengar is a pretty broad-chested fellow...

He looks pretty good, especially with the end of the MG removed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yeah, most stock 1/6 MG42s presumably like the one SSC used have the stock part pretty easily removable (sometimes lightly glued as SS mentioned, sometimes just friction holding it in.) Swapping out the flash supressor/"nozzle" is more involved.

Anybody have a shot of Dengar's real gun since Sideshow wasn't kind enough to get it right?

There's no one clear ref pic - I used a few rarer pics where it's in different positions to ID how both ends look (he's got it on the floor in the Kenner card, so you can see the stock a bit clearer - though they flopped the shot.) I matched my rifle to the various ref pics:

HR5naEU.jpg

The issue with the standard MG 42 is that he can't hold the rifle correctly in either of his "iconic" poses (the one where it's over his chest, and the one where he has it on the floor like in the pose above.)

From Dented Helmet. Dengar's gun as a cosplay replica.

View attachment 391837

It still has the wrong nozzle. That's just the stock MG42 one. The ribbed aluminum piece the ESB prop-makers used for Dengar's weapon seems similar (but not quite the same) to the model part they used on Leia's "sporting" blaster.

It's also bright aluminum finish, not the dull metal of the standard MG nozzle.

I took a blade to my MG nozzle and managed to neatly cut it off and then scratch-built a nozzle that matched the screen shots pretty well and painted it bright silver.

I got Zuckuss on Friday, Dengar on Saturday, and 4-LOM today on Monday. Pretty awesome to have them all but my wallet is not too happy.

deng_cu.jpg
deng_profile.jpg
deng_threequarters.jpg
bountyhunter_disagreement.jpg

I did remove the stock butt of the rifle, so now he is more or less in screen shot pose from Empire. I am very annoyed though that Sideshow didn't bother making hands that actually hold the gun easily, and with screen accuracy. They nailed the hands for Zuckuss, so why not this one?

View attachment 391822

The belly armor is annoying. It seems like it's held in place by nothing but a pin from the back of the belt buckle, and it constantly wants to sit cockeyed. I futzed it so it looks close to the screen shot with the buckle slightly to his right, but the belly armor straight. It was hard to keep that in place while cramming the gun into his hands.

View attachment 391823

The head wrap is rubber and just slips on like a beanie.

View attachment 391824

The straps all feel like cheap crap and may eventually rot away. Thankfully you don't need to mess with them out of the box. But you can see how the green one here is already roughed up a lot just from the factory putting it through the buckle.

View attachment 391825

View attachment 391826

Overall I'm still really pleased with this piece, and it's amazing to finally have all the bounty hunters. I painted the prototype Fett nearly nine years ago. It's been a long wait, but it's over. Yay!

Big props to Sideshow for making the pack go on easy. It simply magnetizes to a piece already screwed and strapped onto the body.

Nice shots SS. Are the hands the same as the Luke and Han Hoth figures and Luke Snowspeeder come to think of it? Just wondering if there are any hands in those sets that might be compatible for him to be able to hold the gun in a more accurate pose?

You can even use one of the MG-34 guns (like from a Stormtrooper or 4-LOM) and it'd still be movie accurate....from a certain point of view lol. Not to mention, this is the same gun Dengar gets with the Hasbro figures (or at least the vintage collection one). But no one wants there Dengar displayed with the same blaster as 4-LOM.
View attachment 391827View attachment 391828View attachment 391829

Yeah, even the new 6" Hasbro Black Series Dengar has the MG 34. Incredible how a minor mix-up nearly 40 years ago has created such confusion.:lol

Here are the best pics of dengar I could find with his rilfe:

dengar.jpg
63311_440702944003_1587889_n.jpg

I have yet to receive my sideshow one....

So, wait, the BTS gun is different than his on-screen gun?!?!?!? I am a tad confused

Here are the best pics of dengar I could find with his rilfe:

View attachment 391871
View attachment 391872

I have yet to receive my sideshow one....

So, wait, the BTS gun is different than his on-screen gun?!?!?!? I am a tad confused
Yeah, I sent that top pic a few pages back. Indeed, it is a MG-34 - which as mentioned is the go-to gun for Dengar merchandise. However it's not the gun (modified MG-42) that they held in the movie. I'll be following the shoulder rest removal instructions that SilentSurfer mentioned to make it movie accurate.

Yeah, I sent that top pic a few pages back. Indeed, it is a MG-34 - which as mentioned is the go-to gun for Dengar merchandise. However it's not the gun (modified MG-42) that they held in the movie.

Ok yeah, just went back a couple pages.....! Sorry for the dup pic

Wow, surprised to get this today, especially since my card was charged for Zuckuss first! Thought it would ship out direct from HK, but looks to have come from the USA this time. Stay tuned for more unboxing pics and video review!

20180206_194805b.jpg

Who remembers this forgotten moment is the theatrical cut...?

darthanddengar.jpg

When Vader says: You'd.... better have that looked at.

Vader's pointing out that he uses the same brand of adult diaper.:lol

Wow, surprised to get this today, especially since my card was charged for Zuckuss first! Thought it would ship out direct from HK, but looks to have come from the USA this time. Stay tuned for more unboxing pics and video review!

View attachment 391885

Can't wait. Always love your reviews.:clap

For modding a MG42 I'm tempted to go for this

Even comes in kit for so you can keep the stock off it when building. Same with the suppressor.

Back