1/6 SSC Dengar Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got round to modifying this guy so he's more to my liking...

I made new head wraps from an old vest and repainted the head sculpt to try and get it to look something more like Morris bush.

I also widened the lower leg armor and re-positioned the straps to be more movie accurate

Finished up by weathering up the armor a little more to give it that lovely orangey/rusty look of the original:)

DSC_2204.JPGDSC_2202.JPGDSC_2214.JPGDSC_2220.JPGDSC_2162.JPG

I made new head wraps from an old vest and repainted the head sculpt to try and get it to look something more like Morris bush.

I also widened the lower leg armor and re-positioned the straps to be more movie accurate

Finished up by weathering up the armor a little more to give it that lovely orangey/rusty look of the original:)

View attachment 463762View attachment 463761View attachment 463760View attachment 463759View attachment 463763

Awesome!

Great job, Matrix!

I may have posted this before, but your custom work makes me want to pick up just this figure out of all of the Bounty Hunters. (I do have Boba.)

View attachment 463762View attachment 463761View attachment 463760View attachment 463759View attachment 463763

Matrix69, man, you have proved such a good eye and good taste with that rusty weathering, that I can't help to beg you to redo the head wrap: even though the colour is a very good match (OK... a tad too light, but you can fix it) and it is perfectly wrapped, the texture of the fabric does not match that of the original Sideshow cloth covering the neck. It will only be a matter of (a long) time until you find the perfect cloth (colours can by dyed to match), but should that happen, you will have the ultimate 1/6 Dengar in your hands...!
;-)
Now, if you were so nice to share your trade secrets... Let me guess: dry brushing some oranges on top of the original paintjob? Anything else.....? :)

I am also intrigued by the repositioning of the straps: aren't they glued? Where are the glue residues that should remain on the lower leg armours...?

Best,
m.

Back