1/6 SSC Dengar Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Dengar looks bloody fantastic! If the final product has similar details, I'll be well pleased! I've had Boba, IG-88, and Bossk for a few years now. It'll be great to finally complete the ESB gang with 4-LOM, Zuckuss, and now Dengar releasing in 2017 (hopfully all make it before the end of 2017).

You'd save more ($20 or $25) using a coupon on one and all your RPs on the other. Obviously the RPs on the latter figure you purchase since you'll get the extra RPs from the other figure and you can then spend all of them on your final figure and send Sideshow a little note about why you're breaking up with them.

Oh... yeah. I guess that makes sense.:lol

:hi5:

He looks fantastic. Dengar has for some weird reason always been a favorite of mine, so I'll have to get him...

Yeah he's a must for me too. Once I have all the bounty hunters I'll be happy to call it a day. At least that what I tell myself!

Man that armour is going to be a **** show just like jango fett

Clearly not. The problem with the Jango armor is that the pieces don't have straps so they had to come up with some dumb way of dealing with that. These have straps and the leg armor is just like the trooper armor. So don't see a problem.

Clearly not. The problem with the Jango armor is that the pieces don't have straps so they had to come up with some dumb way of dealing with that. These have straps and the leg armor is just like the trooper armor. So don't see a problem.

My thoughts exactly.

Is it just me, or why does it always seem the grip handle of these guns are too small with so many figures?? It should be either the same size of the palm or slightly larger coming out the bottom. So many figures have this issue, even in other scales. Sometimes looks like their holding a kids size toy gun.

It really bothers me..... :dunno

Dengar-Sixth-Scale-Figure-014.jpg

Dengar has to be one of the worst looking Star Wars characters of all time for me.

Really!? I always thought he looks great. He was always one of my favourites in my figure collection when I was a kid. I used to have him as Jabbas main henchmen.

He's basically a toilet paper mummy with some armor on. Horrible design for a character, regardless if it was the 80's or not. Honestly, I hate the designer for all of the Bounty Hunters in the OT except Boba. 4-LOM, a robot that looks like a giant fly, nice.

Is it just me, or why does it always seem the grip handle of these guns are too small with so many figures?? It should be either the same size of the palm or slightly larger coming out the bottom. So many figures have this issue, even in other scales. Sometimes looks like their holding a kids size toy gun.

It really bothers me..... :dunno

View attachment 311555

I'd say it has just as much if not more to do with the gigantic hands that SS provides.

He's basically a toilet paper mummy with some armor on. Horrible design for a character, regardless if it was the 80's or not. Honestly, I hate the designer for all of the Bounty Hunters in the OT except Boba. 4-LOM, a robot that looks like a giant fly, nice.

Question is. What do you do here then? Just to tell us you dont like it? Well, now we can go to sleep. Finally!

Btw so as C3PO looks like ugly human, 4-LOM has design similar to insect species he served as protocolar droid. I think it actually makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question is. What do you do here then? Just to tell us you dont like it? Well, now we can go to sleep. Finally!

Btw so as C3PO looks like ugly human, 4-LOM has design similar to insect species he served as protocolar droid. I think it actually makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do apologise for expressing my opinion, please forgive me.

I do apologise for expressing my opinion, please forgive me.

Well... maybe not that constructive of an 'opinion' then. Think most here are looking for opinions on how sideshow did the job of transforming this character into a sixth scale figure and not so much opinions on how badly the costume designers of the early 80's did their job. ...so why you would be interested in a thread about a character that you seem to dislike this much might be a decent question.

Dengar has to be one of the worst looking Star Wars characters of all time for me.

But... aren't you the guy who put his hand up for Baze and cassian figures? Surely two of THE most boring looking and un-SW characters ever put onscreen?

I mean charitably, Baze looks like a Ghostbuster cosplayer who had to use his shopvac as backpack and Cassian's most-seen outfit looks like a Battlestar Galactica background extra. And don't get me started on Rook, another one you were touting as a fig. His outfit in total is a dull-grey background Imperial mechanic's jumpsuit and a khaki tactical vest.:slap

I mean seriously - is it the unshowered and unshaven look that makes these guys shine and Dengar the toilet paper mummy? To each his own, but at least Dengar has stood the test of time as one of the iconic bounty hunters - being made dozens of times as a collectible.:dunno

Damn he looks great. Only got Boba and Bossk at the moment, but I think I'll be getting Dengar too. Then of course I'll also have to pick up IG, Zuckuss and 4-LOM now...

Back