SSC Dead Christmas Ornament

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After examining the head and hand, I must say this is one of the best zombie sculpts we have gotten from Sideshow. I can only hope it gets a future figure that it deserves!

For a custom with this one, the head will look OK on an angle, but the hand may look a bit odd, but that is OK since zombies are odd.

Great pics Buttmunch! Looks like that head might work really well with the Buck body. Can't wait to get mine and take it apart! :rock :rock

I wonder if the head and hand will have the standard Sideshow joint plugs on the bottom? Surely they knew some of us would take it appart and make a figure with them? If not, that may be the only real challenge.

Jen, let us know when you get yours and take it apart. It looks like the head and hand can be removed without having to damage the ornament if you are careful and paitent.

Got mine today along with Bespin Luke. Great sculpt and paints, the head is cold to the touch, so I think it's made out of resin.
I'd love to have a Zombie with this head and hand, but I think I'll leave mine in it's box.
I might change my mind once I see some complete customs.

Last edited:
The thing I really like is how the skin on his head is nice and smooth and glossy except where you can see dull bone (on his right temple)... Just very cool any way you look at it.

im planning on a making metal headbanging rockin roller zombie with this one .......he might have one arm but the other will be doing this........... :rock2

Got mine today and went wow "cool head and hand on a big ol' ping pong ball!" Went straight to the vice and crunched that puppy. Hand is attached by a screw and with a tiny bit of shaving of the hand peg it fit on just fine. Total time for that part five minutes. The head I have been going at for another 1/2 hour or so. The hole in the bottom of the head is about 1/4 in and I think that the ornament is like other bulbs in that there is a neck at the top where the hook would go in. Either way they pumped it fill of glue and I am not in the mood to attempt drilling out the neck after being up for 20 hours now :) Will get back at it in the morning and will post some pics at some point. Looks like it will work just fine for kit bashing fun though :monkey5

Fresh up from sleep and got back at it this morning before the festivities begin! Tried drilling out the head and realized that it was more drilling then I was comfortable doing as the neck is just barely larger then the neck post on the sideshow body. Instead I cut the neck post in half and filed it into a proper shape, hot glued the head on and all is well!! Head and hand still have articulation, only side to side on the head but I think it works great! Gotta get some new clothes for him though but I wanted to show that it was possible to do!! Happy Thanksgiving all!!

Great job Rentu! He really makes a sweet looking zombie... may have to get a 2nd one and do the same :rock

Great Job , im working on the same with the exception of im using one of my extra subject 57 figures as it already has 2 Zombie hands , just need to come up with a good set of clothes , the sculpt is FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Awesome job!!!! Still waiting for mine to arrive and then I will be doing the same!!! :rock :rock :rock I'm starting to feel okay that I don't have a Patient Zero or the security guard......my zombie collection is filling out quite nicely and shortly I will once again be running out of room to properly display them. I'm doing some custom zombies of other SSC figures so total I will end up with 6 zombies and then Shaun and Ed. SWEET!!! :rock

The security guard is the coolest zombie IMO. His costume is awsome, paint job is impeccable.. The dirtying and wear are perfect, and I just love the flashlight and keys and guns and bulletts magazine.

The security guard is the coolest zombie IMO. His costume is awsome, paint job is impeccable.. The dirtying and wear are perfect, and I just love the flashlight and keys and guns and bulletts magazine.

Are you trying to make me feel bad again!!!! :lol :lol I was just convincing myself that is was OKAY that I didn't have one and then you have to go and rub it in!!! :monkey2:lol:lol

Are you trying to make me feel bad again!!!! :lol :lol I was just convincing myself that is was OKAY that I didn't have one and then you have to go and rub it in!!! :monkey2:lol:lol

Yes because rubbing subject 5's awesomeness makes me feel better about not having patient zero.

Its a vicious cycle... i know. :lol

I still think its funny that I woke up at like 4:30 am to get my zero and went back to bed and he was still available until the afternoon at least if I remember correctly (maybe for a day or two??) either way I was pissed for waking up so early but in retrospect that was the right move :chew:chew:chew thanks for all the props on the new member of the family....perhaps tomorrow he will have his baptism in blood!!

Back