SSC Cyclops Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I've said before I'm pretty much over the X-Men, but a proper Astonishing/Utopia Cyclops would be tempting. This, however, is once again not. Too skinny, too pricey, too barebones. Well, we'll see if the inevitable MCU design tempts me.

ANXMEN2012001s0012_02.jpg

If they give me that, I'll cave in. Look at it, it's a genuine 10/10. I have to be honest myself, much as I dislike the muties now, the 90s-10s had some really top tier designs. An Uncanny X-Force Archangel would be a thing of beauty. Anyway, until then I'm out. Although by that time I might be over the entire hobby. Eh, who knows, we'll see.

I'm not much of an Astonishing fan, but I had to pick this up if for no other reason than to resell. I probably won't unless it goes stupid high, but it was a very low edition size, you had to be registered for the event to be able to get it when it went up, and everyone always complains that we only get Jim Lee costumes. Perfect storm for a quick increase in value.

Have not purchased an SS figure in quite some time. Ordered this one due to it's the look I enjoyed as a kid. 90's Cyclops is cool, but a look I can take or leave. With all the issues SS has had and at times still has I wasn't too sure about this figure. Well the figure did not disappoint...at least so far. It's got a really great presence. The body is not flimsy. Plenty of neck movement. Double jointed elbows. Overall I am pleased with the purchase. I now want a complete line of Astonishing X-Men. I do wish it came with the visor smoke effect; not a deal breaker but would have been nice for the price. The one big issue is the articulation in the boots; it's little to non-existent. No deep stances for Summers. I think those that purchased will be happy with their purchase.

I grabbed one before it went to waitlist... I really don't care for the Jim Lee style Cyclops, something about it throws the whole thing off for me... But i'm not quite sure what it is, because I don't see that issue with this new one. Maybe the hair? :lol

Either way, I'm quite shocked it went to waitlist so quickly... Also, I wouldn't mind other variants of his (hair covered) outfits.

Cyclops-Marvel-Comics-X-Men-Scott-Summers-Classic-b.jpgedaccaba9a94e34152d77dc621e6e0f9.jpg
unnamed.giffdcc915be8c2325e1ad2dfd1484042cd.jpg
db25ef457f7e171d276e03db23c1c077.jpg

That Bendis run is garbage (another example of Bendis building endlessly towards a "plan" that turns out to not exist), but I love that outfit with the "X" visor.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Sadly, mine came with some sort of issue. Kinda looks like glue. Anyways, hoping Sideshow can provide a replacement body on such a small run...
fc07dd28cfd65f0bd28bcfd8dc6338e1.jpg

That sucks, considering it is such a small run. Also is it just the lighting in your pic or is the belt and pipping more yellow rather than the gold look from the promo shots

And so it begins. The QC issues. The misrepresentation.

If his piping and belt are bright yellow and not gold like their promo pics I’m returning it.

It's just bad lighting/ phone camera. The piping, gloves and belt are all pale gold. The figure looks exactly like the prototype, just like every recent SS release.

I will take real photos later.

Yeah, that’s looking good. It’s amazing how yellow his piping and belt look in saints’s pic. I thought they just used up the previous Cyclops paint on his. :lol

Love the look, but still rather have the 90s cyclops version. I got both wolverine, deadpool, magneto, cyclops, and gambit on order. Guess I'm in on the x men line. But still want the soso toys gambit

Took a couple of shots to assuage any fears. The figure is killer.
f5acac5183c53c796061ff377321928f.jpg
12d217eb68263ec2bb9eaf6a2886ea3e.jpg

Back