SSC Cyclops Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has a weird expression to me, like almost a pout.

I feel like he is almost always drawn in the comics with a resting bitchy pouty face (see below). The visor blast should have been a completely separate head sculpt with a more angry/yelling mouth....

39d074ac1d8cbb1429e985cd7583fc3e.jpg
Scott_Summers_(Earth-TRN758)_from_Marvel_Comics_Presents_Vol_3_6.jpg
X-Men-X-Factor-Cyclops-Comic-Cover.jpg

From almost the inception of the x-men, and later reinforced by claremont, scott was characterized as the most closed off, tormented bunch of the group, yet (arguably) the greatest team leader in comics. I don't feel like the expression authentically conveys the thematic elements that defined his character.

I like the head a lot more than I thought I would. Looks like Marsden, sorta. Only complaint, really, is the the trunks don't match the straps.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

The head is definitely growing on me more than before especially after the unboxing video. Paint work on the flesh parts of the head looks pretty great so far as well, better than Wolverine from the looks.

The head is definitely growing on me more than before especially after the unboxing video. Paint work on the flesh parts of the head looks pretty great so far as well, better than Wolverine from the looks.
I have both in hand and I think both have solid paint work. Here's Wolverine to illustrate my point.

bd4bf2a93d8793bc91f1227139b9e1fa.jpg

Very nice photo :clap: it looks good there but in other shots he looks to have yellow/tan color that a lot of third party companies use as their base skintones.

I'll try this again... for some reason, I can't seem to get the photos to show up properly vertically....

Cyclops finally in the house. Sideshow ships by DHL to my area of Canada, and I don't know what those delivery guys are doing, but they ain't delivering.
Anyway, initial thoughts.
Quite happy!!! After seeing the final production pics, I was worried about baggy outfit, etc., but actually, it's totally fine. I needed to do minimal futzing out of box as the shorts were riding a little high, and the harness had bunched up some of the torso spandex. But after moving everything into place, it's totally fine. Just like their recent Magneto figure, or the recent Flash figure (without the padding).
I would agree still that the body is a little bit thin, but in-hand, it's actually not that noticeable. To be fair, I'll likely keep the jacket on anyway, which is pretty well done. All my joints seem fine, body is pretty solid. Only issue is changing the hands. The sleeves of the spandex are not sewn or glued to the wrists, so when you change hands, you have to stuff the tights into the cuffs of the gloves, but at the same time, not impede the wrist joint. A pain, but not really a big deal.
In the end, I'm pretty happy with it (I did use some reward points, so didn't pay full price), it looks exactly as the prototype, which makes me even more excited for Gambit.
Here are a few pics out of the box, as well as along side the V1 Sideshow Wolverine. No lighting, just the light coming in through the windows.

P1150069.JPG
P1150068.JPG
P1150070.JPG
P1150071.JPG
P1150075.JPG
P1150076.JPG
P1150078.JPG
P1150078.JPG
P1150079.JPG

Attachments

• P1150068.JPG
    P1150068.JPG
    336.7 KB · Views: 297
Thanks for the review and pics :clap: Love the one of the back of the head since we haven't seen that yet. Skintone paint work definitely looks like some of sideshow's best!

The real challenge is deciding whether to display him with or without the jacket.

Nice pics, cant wait. Cyclops turned out great. Only thing I wish was the chest x emblem was made more shiny. Like a jewel . And they could of made the effects light up like the one :12 cyclops

I'll try this again... for some reason, I can't seem to get the photos to show up properly vertically....

Cyclops finally in the house. Sideshow ships by DHL to my area of Canada, and I don't know what those delivery guys are doing, but they ain't delivering.
Anyway, initial thoughts.
Quite happy!!! After seeing the final production pics, I was worried about baggy outfit, etc., but actually, it's totally fine. I needed to do minimal futzing out of box as the shorts were riding a little high, and the harness had bunched up some of the torso spandex. But after moving everything into place, it's totally fine. Just like their recent Magneto figure, or the recent Flash figure (without the padding).
I would agree still that the body is a little bit thin, but in-hand, it's actually not that noticeable. To be fair, I'll likely keep the jacket on anyway, which is pretty well done. All my joints seem fine, body is pretty solid. Only issue is changing the hands. The sleeves of the spandex are not sewn or glued to the wrists, so when you change hands, you have to stuff the tights into the cuffs of the gloves, but at the same time, not impede the wrist joint. A pain, but not really a big deal.
In the end, I'm pretty happy with it (I did use some reward points, so didn't pay full price), it looks exactly as the prototype, which makes me even more excited for Gambit.
Here are a few pics out of the box, as well as along side the V1 Sideshow Wolverine. No lighting, just the light coming in through the windows.

View attachment 503901
View attachment 503902
View attachment 503903
View attachment 503904
View attachment 503905
View attachment 503906
View attachment 503907
View attachment 503907
View attachment 503908

Looks great! Their choice of fabric for Wolverine looks really odd now that this line is going forward.

The real challenge is deciding whether to display him with or without the jacket.

I'm pretty sure that's why they gave him relatively skinny arms... so that the jacket goes on relatively easily, and he can still be articulated with the jacket. Not sure about yours, but with mine, the jacket is pretty form fitting.

Looks great! Their choice of fabric for Wolverine looks really odd now that this line is going forward.

I still love that brown Wolverine, but the difference in fabric is forcing me to consider getting the tiger stripe as well. But similar to my group of SS comic DC, I kind of like that all the bodies are a little different (as opposed to them all having the same bodies, or switching everyone on to a phicen body), and the materials of the costumes are a little different. I always figured the brown/yellow was from Wolverine's "Department H" days, or at least that was what I told myself as a kid...

Haha, the tiger stripe would have been the "department h" suit, at least the "whiskers" version - the gold/brown was retconned to be the yashida clan's colors, even though it was just byrne wanting to give his favorite canadian a new costume.

Haha, the tiger stripe would have been the "department h" suit, at least the "whiskers" version - the gold/brown was retconned to be the yashida clan's colors, even though it was just byrne wanting to give his favorite canadian a new costume.

RIGHT!!!! I couldn't remember how that came about. Thanks!

Got mine last night,
and it is perfect, in its ....simplicity,
It doesn't have all the flash of some other manufacture's and prior releases, and I don't mean that as a detriment, there is something appealing in its simplicity, there is no mistaking who this is, from close or afar.

It is cyclops, and its a fantastic representation of him, perfect amount of accessories, incredible outfit and a beautiful sculpt, My only gripe is that Sideshow didn't take this approach to their previous marvel releases
( looking at you daredevil )

Back