SSC Cyclops Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The issue with SSC figures is they have a lot of trouble with body proporations. They look so skinny and out of proportion that it takes away from everything else that is good. This figure should at least come with a teeth gritting head sculpt. Every other cyclops figure on the market has this. The bottom line is if you want to charge Hot Toys prices, produce Hot Toys quality. If this was more around $200, I would be all over it.

Last edited:
I think the recent Sideshow bodies are excellent. They look like the bodies you'd see in a Jim Aparo or Neal Adams comic, which I enjoy.

That said, I can see why some don't prefer the skinny take on Cyclops.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I’m a little worried about Wolverine and Cyclops both dropping at the same time. I put a deposit down at a UK store for both and I’d definitely feel the shock of dropping ?500 out of the blue. But such is the thrill of collecting!

I?m a little worried about Wolverine and Cyclops both dropping at the same time. I put a deposit down at a UK store for both and I?d definitely feel the shock of dropping ?500 out of the blue. But such is the thrill of collecting!

Same man but the buzz you get when both are shipped at the same time will be awesome , waited so long for these two

Final product photos are up and the suit looks baggy in some places and detail in the plastic harness/chest strap seems to have been lost in production. I'm torn b/c Cyclops is my favorite Xmen character next to Magneto, but I can't see myself spending $240+shipping&tax (aka nearly $300) then having to spend about $80 on an M33 Phicen/TBleague body to get this looking right.

Link: https://www.sideshow.com/blog/final-product-photos-of-the-cyclops-sixth-scale-figure/

Cyclops-Sixth-Scale-Figure-Exclusive-Theater-3.jpg

Cyclops-Sixth-Scale-Figure-11.jpg

Ya, when I saw that on Sideshow, it definitely killed my excitement. I've been so pleased with their other recent releases, so I was hoping/expecting that trend to continue.

Oh well. I used a bunch of reward points, so this only cost me a little over $100. Should be getting it tomorrow, so guess I'll see for myself.

Looks pretty much exactly like the prototype, like all the recent releases, so that's nice. Paint work on Wolverine was great so I'm looking forward to a closer look at the head later this week. At the end of the day it's not the perfect Cyclops (and personally I would prefer the Astonishing era version) but he looks killer with the jacket,cand I can't wait to get him on the shelf with Magneto and Wolverine.

One thing that's kind of funny is seeing the re-used parts. The pouches are the same pouches from the last Batman release, while the feet and the pointing/thumbs up hands are reused from the Flash. Not a dig, just an observation.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

One thing that's kind of funny is seeing the re-used parts. The pouches are the same pouches from the last Batman release, while the feet and the pointing/thumbs up hands are reused from the Flash. Not a dig, just an observation.

Yea they've done that for almost all their recent releases. Like you said, not a dig as other companies do the same. All the characters with gloves share the same hand sculpts for the most part with slight changes to fit their respective character. Even the ROTJ Luke Skywalker's gloved hands are the same as the Redskull figure.

Back