SSC Boba Fett White Screen Test/Prototype Armor Sixth Scale Figure!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really don't get it myself. Cool if you like.....white stuff?

I guess we can pretty much pencil in different colours of anything SS didn't shift well. Smart business sense I guess, if not incredibly lazy and boring.

One for the die hards I think.

Pre ordered! Way too cool to pass on this. I think it's kinda hard for it to pass for any hardcore boba fett fans, part of history of BF!

I remember people freaking out when Anakin was $5 more expensive than Jedi Luke and Sideshow said "The robo arm tooling is more expensive". . . and people were calling BS.

Ahhh, the olden days. . . same as the present days. :lol

Yeah, if you're here long enough you see that things are that much different. :lol

I'm very surprised at all the animosity towards this figure! It's only the first variant for Fett. I can see this appealing to old timers like myself who remember seeing the old sketches in the SW art books, or even just Fett fans. There's nothing better than seeing a shelf full of variants of a particular figure you love. This board alone has fantastic displays of only Stormtroopers, or only Batman, etc. This prototype variant is only the second step of an awesome Fett collection!

And everyone should take a few minutes and watch the video. It explains the beach towel, and it might help endear them to the novel idea and perhaps tone down the vitriol towards the figure.

Yeah, I've always dug the white proto. Just deciding if I have the cash to lay down for it. Hopefully by that point we'll be seeing the Returns figures.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I'm very surprised at all the animosity towards this figure! It's only the first variant for Fett. I can see this appealing to old timers like myself who remember seeing the old sketches in the SW art books, or even just Fett fans. There's nothing better than seeing a shelf full of variants of a particular figure you love. This board alone has fantastic displays of only Stormtroopers, or only Batman, etc. This prototype variant is only the second step of an awesome Fett collection!

And everyone should take a few minutes and watch the video. It explains the beach towel, and it might help endear them to the novel idea and perhaps tone down the vitriol towards the figure.

Well said. :clap

I for one am really diggin this figure, pure nostalgia from the late 70's early 80's. The whole reason I personally collect, remembering my childhood days, excited by anything new star warsian...

I think the figure looks great. I like the weapons and the fact that its the test version of the figure is something I thought we would never get. I am hoping for a Mcquarrie version one day as well as his version of the Snowtrooper.

For me this figure is cool because:

1. It's Boba Fett.
2. This particular Fett is the antithesis of the idealized, revisionist, digital version of Star Wars and represents all the glory of the unfinished, unrefined, and insanely inspired creative process that brought us that magical first trilogy.
Obviously it's not for everybody, another reason I like it. :lol

Pre ordered! Way too cool to pass on this. I think it's kinda hard for it to pass for any hardcore boba fett fans, part of history of BF![/
I for one am really diggin this figure, pure nostalgia from the late 70's early 80's. The whole reason I personally collect, remembering my childhood days, excited by anything new star warsian...[/QUOTE]

:exactly::goodpost:

Boba Fett is by far my favorite Star Wars character but I didn't have a whole lot of interest in this at first since I already have the SS ESB Fett Ex and love it. After watching the video and having SS announce such a cool and original Exclusive item my opinion did a 180 and I ordered it right away yesterday. :yess:
It's nice for a change to have an exclusive item that's so unique and fun - the towel & stand are cool as hell. This totally brought back memories of being a little kid back in the late '70's and the excitement of getting a new Star Wars figure.
This Fett will definitely stand out in a crowd or look good displayed on it's own and will be an instant conversation piece with a great story behind it.

Last edited:

Exactly!

Being 40 I consider myself lucky to be old enough to have seen each movie of the OT in the theaters a couple times each on their original runs. For some reason, after I watched the video and saw the exclusives a wave of nostalgia came over me. I know it sounds kind of corny, but this piece somehow captures the magic and innocence of when I was kid and saw A New Hope for the first time.

I think there was a subliminal message in that video. :lol

this white fett, next to black vader, bookended by my medicom red imperial guards will be impressively imposing ... almost need that ssc white vader prototype now that went for auction a couple years ago ... hmmm, anyways, this white fett was a no brainer buy, simply brilliant.

i can see this isn't for everyone but dissing it because it's not what you wanted or because someone else likes it? :dunno

This is a pass for me. I'm just not buying characters I already have now. Just too expensive. I love concept stuff (big McQuarrie geek) but there just has to be a line somewhere.

Back