1/6 SSC Batman Classic Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love it if Sideshow simply looked to make 1/6 versions of their Premium Format line. They have so much right with their PFFs. Speaking of villains, I'd love to see a 1/6 version of their Lex Luthor in power suit PFF.

I would love it if Sideshow simply looked to make 1/6 versions of their Premium Format line. They have so much right with their PFFs. Speaking of villains, I'd love to see a 1/6 version of their Lex Luthor in power suit PFF.

I’d like that too (just as I’d want a comics Spider-Man from them), but it won’t happen: SSC is lazy when it concerns 1/6. They don’t anything that you could probably kitbash yourself. So don’t expect anything that will blow your mind.

I’d like that too (just as I’d want a comics Spider-Man from them), but it won’t happen: SSC is lazy when it concerns 1/6. They don’t anything that you could probably kitbash yourself. So don’t expect anything that will blow your mind.

Exactly. All of their figures look like something the average collector can kitbash. That explains why they haven't done a Dr. Doom.

I finally pulled the trigger on this Batman.

Couldn't resist it with the current sale of $25 off with free shipping.

I disagree a little with that. Mind you, I've only kitbashed one figure (Conan the Destroyer), because I don't have any tailoring, sculpting, or painting skills. The Sideshow figures I have (G.I. Joe line, Supes, Bats, Green Lantern, Freddy, Jason, Jack Burton, etc.) I would not have been able to kitbash, and if I did, they all likely would have cost more money than I spent just buying the figure. Some of the really expensive kitbashes I've seen of some of those characters don't even look better...

Not saying Sideshow figs are top notch or anything, they have a lot of work to do. But many of them are better than they are given credit for...

I disagree a little with that. Mind you, I've only kitbashed one figure (Conan the Destroyer), because I don't have any tailoring, sculpting, or painting skills. The Sideshow figures I have (G.I. Joe line, Supes, Bats, Green Lantern, Freddy, Jason, Jack Burton, etc.) I would not have been able to kitbash, and if I did, they all likely would have cost more money than I spent just buying the figure. Some of the really expensive kitbashes I've seen of some of those characters don't even look better...

Not saying Sideshow figs are top notch or anything, they have a lot of work to do. But many of them are better than they are given credit for...

Don’t get me wrong, I like them too, what I’m saying is the they avoid making anything too difficult and their prices don’t match the quality. This aside, I love their comic book inspired figures. Their Batman, Cap and Thor are just my favorite. Design is better than MCU.

This is the best Batman I own; the outfit and headsculpt are top notch. Is it lacking accessories? Absolutely, but I don’t regret the price I paid for a second. I’ve already ordered the matching Flash, and I’ll probably get Superman, too.

I ordered mine about a month ago while I was happy the figure’s look and extra head....the figure I received had extremely loose hip joints. If you lifted the leg left or right at the hip it just fell right back down. If you grab him at the waist and wiggle him the legs just flop back and forth...so no dynamic poses. I did contact Sideshow. They gave me a return label and said they would send a replacement. It arrived today. Again, great piece but this one again has also the extremely weak hip joints and knees now. I really want to love this piece but it kills me he’s so floppy legged. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix? Hate to try another exchange to only get another floppy legged figure. Even with the $25 discount and free shipping he shouldn’t be this weak legged. Any advise would be helpful.

Take care - Jase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered mine about a month ago while I was happy the figure’s look and extra head....the figure I received had extremely loose hip joints. If you lifted the leg left or right at the hip it just fell right back down. If you grab him at the waist and wiggle him the legs just flop back and forth...so no dynamic poses. I did contact Sideshow. They gave me a return label and said they would send a replacement. It arrived today. Again, great piece but this one again has also the extremely weak hip joints and knees now. I really want to love this piece but it kills me he’s so floppy legged. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix? Hate to try another exchange to only get another floppy legged figure. Even with the $25 discount and free shipping he shouldn’t be this weak legged. Any advise would be helpful.

Take care - Jase

Sorry to hear that; mine didn’t have that issue. Since you got it twice in a row, I wonder if their remaining stock is from returns. Personally, I would try another exchange if they’ll agree to it.

No loose or floppy joints on mine either. Holds a pose very well.

Well I finally heard back from Sideshow about the loose joints. I sent them a video of how floppy the legs were. I asked if I could do a replacement and before they sent out the next one to please take the figure out and see the legs could hold a pose since both figures they sent me literally couldn’t stand without the stand cause he would start to lean forward or back like Batman had a few too many at the cave.

So, Paul from Sideshow customer service wrote me...

“Thanks so much for taking the time to submit a video of your Batman figure. We have reviewed your pictures and compared them to our in-house sample and a few other pieces.

However, we do not believe we can provide you a replacement that would be a significant improvement over your current item. Keep in mind that all of these collectibles are hand-crafted and hand-painted by individual artists, so there will be slight variations in the cast, fit, paint application, and detail work between pieces.

Your request appears to be one of these common variations, as all the collectibles we examined looked similar to your current item. The last thing we would want is to send you an identical replacement that risks more serious damage during the shipping process.”

So, as much as I wanted to support this line I’m out. Batman will be returned and my preorders for Joker and Flash will be canceled and as much as I might want to support a DC 12” line...I can’t give $200+ for a figure with QC issues and company that won’t stand behind their product.

Wow. That is some lousy customer service. Embarrassed for those guys. Mine has no issues but if it did I would be in the same boat.

No harm no foul, they just saved me a bunch of cash on not buying the line. For those that got a solid figure god bless you, because he is a great piece. I dug the outfit, sculpts, and everything else...it’s that underlying SS body that ruined mine. Would love for my experience to be isolated, just odd my first figure and replacement figure had the exact same issue.

As to the customer service when you share a video where you lift a figures leg up and it just slaps right down and then do the opposite leg and it does the exact same thing...so they can see the very issue your stating and there response is basically- ‘yeah too bad - they are all like that and we don’t have anything better to send you.” Just shows me they don’t want or need me as a customer. Which is their right...I’ve dropped over $1,600 in the last 6 months with SS (lord knows how much I’ve spent in all the years I’ve been a customer... I mean I was around to pre-order the original Premium Format Frankenstein) and have close to another $800 in pre-orders to come... which now all will be canceled. All good things. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That sucks, really lousy customer service on Sideshow's part. I'm relieved I got a good one.

Back