1/6 SSC Batman Classic Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Killer headsculpt.
59ca595b970aa0c8b575685fc76a130f.jpg
12b0b9126e4cbd2f763701c7fd689c6d.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I have this figure and I think it's the best "Classic" Batman yet... The Batman head sculpt is perfect! Body is perfect and in scale with head. Bruce Wayne's head sculpt is acceptable though... And that Batman outfit... Well, we are leaving Mezco do what they please with hero oufits so I guess I can't complaint about Sideshow. The figure would have been perfect with an outfit without the visible seams and with the yellow and black bat emblem... Overall 9 out of 10 for me but head sculpt and body are both 10.

Now, I would love to see a remake of the Sideshow 1:6 "Classic" Superman figure with an improved head sculpt (ANYTHING would be an improvement over the actual one), a Richard Grayson Robin (Pixie boots one), a Tim Drake Robin and a Nightwing!!!

Come on! I can dream!

Personally, I want the Flash more than anything. If I could get Kyle Rayner that'd be great, too, but I know that'll never happen.

I think Sideshow should re-examine their approach to these lines, as great as an all encompassing DC line would be maybe it would be better to do short runs focusing on different characters like a Bat-family line followed by a Superman line, a Justice League line to cover those without a popular supporting cast etc....
For example this Bat line is already off to a good start with the newly released Batman and the upcoming Joker. A decent amount of supporting characters that I think would sell well would be:
-Riddler
-Poison Ivy
-Harleyquinn
-Scarecrow
-Mr Freeze
-Robin
-Batgirl
-Commissioner Gordon
-Bruce Wayne/Alfred 2 Pack

Superman’s Line could have:
-Superman
-Clark Kent/Lois Lane 2 Pack
-Lex Luther (biz suit)
-Lex Luther (mech suit)
-Braniac
-Bizarro
-Metallo
-Jimmy Olsen (using the smaller Robin base body)
-Parasite

...Darkseid, Doomsday, Croc, Bane and any other larger bodies could be reserved for a deluxe line.

Well that’s just what I think could be cool anyways.

I'd like to see what this looks like next to some Hot Toys. Sideshow has a tendency to make the heads a bit large.

Also I'm wondering if I should just wait for the inevitable black and grey version.

C,mon give us a Penguin, Mr Freeze, and a Mad Hatter. Batman’s rogues gallery is rife with potentially outstanding figures. I love Joker as much as anyone but he’s being over utilized as a money grab.

I think Sideshow should re-examine their approach to these lines, as great as an all encompassing DC line would be maybe it would be better to do short runs focusing on different characters like a Bat-family line followed by a Superman line, a Justice League line to cover those without a popular supporting cast etc....
For example this Bat line is already off to a good start with the newly released Batman and the upcoming Joker. A decent amount of supporting characters that I think would sell well would be:
-Riddler
-Poison Ivy
-Harleyquinn
-Scarecrow
-Mr Freeze
-Robin
-Batgirl
-Commissioner Gordon
-Bruce Wayne/Alfred 2 Pack

Superman’s Line could have:
-Superman
-Clark Kent/Lois Lane 2 Pack
-Lex Luther (biz suit)
-Lex Luther (mech suit)
-Braniac
-Bizarro
-Metallo
-Jimmy Olsen (using the smaller Robin base body)
-Parasite

...Darkseid, Doomsday, Croc, Bane and any other larger bodies could be reserved for a deluxe line.

Well that’s just what I think could be cool anyways.

It takes them so long to do anything, I can't see half of those being made. Sideshow in general is pretty slow with 1/6 releases right unless I'm missing them? I don't think they put their Skiff Guard Lando up for preorder yet that was shown at SDCC. I wasn't in the hobby years ago when they seemingly made tons of figures, but have them being HT's (and others) distributor slowed them down for their own 1/6 releases?

C,mon give us a Penguin, Mr Freeze, and a Mad Hatter. Batman’s rogues gallery is rife with potentially outstanding figures. I love Joker as much as anyone but he’s being over utilized as a money grab.

Truly unbelievable to me that nobody wants to commit to a dedicated Batman 1/6 line.

If Sideshow has the license why are they seemingly uninterested in making figures?

Truly unbelievable to me that nobody wants to commit to a dedicated Batman 1/6 line.

If Sideshow has the license why are they seemingly uninterested in making figures?

I’ve been wondering this too. After what, 5-6 Batflecks? The interest in Batman or “Batmen” is apparent.

I really don’t suspect it’s not that easy either, though. Wasn’t it stated by Mez or whatever his name is who runs Mezco how much of a pain it was to get the individual license for Robin?

I’ve been wondering this too. After what, 5-6 Batflecks? The interest in Batman or “Batmen” is apparent.

I really don’t suspect it’s not that easy either, though. Wasn’t it stated by Mez or whatever his name is who runs Mezco how much of a pain it was to get the individual license for Robin?

I had heard this someplace as well, I think there is something to that and Robin must be a licensing issue.

Which sucks because he is easily my most 'wanted' 1/6 figure....Tim/Richard/Damian any and all of them.

They may be interested, but the license doesn't necessarily permit them to do any Batman character they want at any time. Everything has to do through the licensor.

They may be interested, but the license doesn't necessarily permit them to do any Batman character they want at any time. Everything has to do through the licensor.

That definitely makes sense, it may be a pretty frustrating license to hold. Apart from the phoned in Lantern and Superdad figures we have had I have enjoyed the SSC figures. Lets hope Dc allows for a little more variety.

Finally got this figure, absolutely amazing! Just about everything you’d want in a comic book Batman. He looks 1000X better in-hand than in photos, even the lines on the suit (if that ain’t your thing) aren’t really noticeable.

Not a lot of pics posted. Hoping to see a lot of poses to see if he is worth getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really surprised this thread kinda died out, this is a pretty awesome figure even if he is barebones. I imagine you can flesh him out a bit more by snagging some of the previous SS Batman's accessories. I cant wait to have the Joker to pose next to this guy, hopefully he comes out just as good!

I'm really surprised this thread kinda died out, this is a pretty awesome figure even if he is barebones. I imagine you can flesh him out a bit more by snagging some of the previous SS Batman's accessories. I cant wait to have the Joker to pose next to this guy, hopefully he comes out just as good!

I feel the same, he's possibly my favourite Batman figure right now. Wish the wait for the Joker wasn't so long, he's pretty lonely stood on his own. I hope Sideshow go deeper with this line and give us more villains and other Bat family characters. Would a comic book Riddler and Penguin.

I guess that many people didn’t get it. Besides, not even Michael Crawford reviewed him, to my surprise, when he reviewed that crapload (sorry, personal opinion here!) of plastic that is Mondo Batman.

I agree it's pretty strange that Crawford hasn't reviewed him--as far as I can tell, Crawford reviews pretty much everything, and especially everything having to do with Batman.

Back