SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMGP3408.jpg

IMGP3420.jpg

naamloos.jpg

here's the full repaint :)

eczamurai - both excellent repaints. Personally, I prefer the original from Sideshow. But of yours I really like the first one better.

eczamurai - both excellent repaints. Personally, I prefer the original from Sideshow. But of yours I really like the first one better.

i respect your opinion :) The paleish greyisg skincolorish color is DAMN hard to photograph, but in hand before the repaint my bro was like dissing emperor palps for looking gay and pink and after he had to admit he looks ace, and he hates figures :lol

so yeah the pics suck, will see if daylight photographs him better :)

I think one thing that hurts the look of the repaint is that his whole face is one tone.

Even at his most white/grey, there was still a bit of flesh/pink around hie eyes. I think it's the monotone of the face that's not looking right.

palpatine004.jpg

I think one thing that hurts the look of the repaint is that his whole face is one tone.

Even at his most white/grey, there was still a bit of flesh/pink around hie eyes. I think it's the monotone of the face that's not looking right.

palpatine004.jpg

Which is what I think makes palps look soo good right out of the box!

palpatine004.jpg

I see what you mean about his eyes, fixed it, it does look better! Though the SS factory paint was pretty monotone lol, I'd say more monotonous even. :)

Anyway, I fixed the lack of details on his chin and sculped some wrinkles on there! :rock

naamloos2.jpg

naamloos3.jpg

naamloos-1.jpg

Fixed for Maulfan, also sculpted some more wrinkles on his chin, because at the "now you will die" close up you see his chin is WAY ____ed lol.

I like the end result. I'm satisfied. :)

Well, I've been wanting to do this for a while. but i was frankly worried that my paint-up wouldn't be as good as the factory paint (an unusual worry with anything but Hot Toys' recent stuff). Fortunately, a commission came to the rescue, and I am so pleased with the results, I'm looking forward to painting up my own now!

So, here is my first attempt at repainting Emperor Palpatine, and I am extremely happy with how he turned out! Mine is on your left.

PA090009.jpg

With flash!

PA090008.jpg

PA090017.jpg

PA090018.jpg

Nice job Mikey :) I especially like the shading around the bags under his eyes. That really sells it in IMO.
Gotta say though, the factory job SS did wasn't too shabby either tbh

No, man, I thought SSC did a phenomenal job on The Emperor! I was nervous about painting it, but I love how it turned out. It's a bit grayer, and the detail really pops now.

Back