SSC 1:6 Bespin Luke Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Luke pose... like straight outta the movie! Just goes to show what you can acheive with the Buck body... it aint that bad really. Unless it not on the Buck? Nice work tho :clap

Thanks... It ain't too fantastic but it is 100% pure Buck :monkey1
They sure take some twisting & turning to get half decent!

Isn't that true of any SA figure? they aren't human, or statues. It take work to pose them well. Can't just stick a gun in their hands and call it a day, you know? I love that part of owning them :)

Isn't that true of any SA figure? they aren't human, or statues. It take work to pose them well. Can't just stick a gun in their hands and call it a day, you know? I love that part of owning them :)

I guess...some are just more difficult then the rest, some figures or maybe it's the characters just seem to pose very simply and realistically while others take a lot of trial & error to get it right.

Really hate to bump old threads but this is kinda important.

I got my replacement belt from Sideshow today and was just wondering...how do I put this on?? The part that goes around the leg is not a button so does it just go over through the shoe?

I don't have mine out right now but yeah you slide it up the leg first some will fit over the boot others you have to remove the boot first and then slide it on.

DSC02607.jpg

DSC02610.jpg

DSC02609.jpg

Ya know... after seeing this picture in the recast thread of the unpainted sculpt it reminded me.....Why???? did sideshow release a sculpt that was clearly deformed :banghead.....I know water under the bridge.......wish we would of got the alternative Andy B. sculpt:monkey2

lukess.jpg

Well a repaint helps a little (DA)

DSC02605.jpg

To my eyes this angle captures Hamill the best:

DSC02603.jpg

Jedi Luke still has the best Hammil likeness overall. I don't see him at all in the unpainted Bespin sculpt, and the original paintwork speaks for itself. Such a shame, it could've been my definiteive Luke figure, definitely my favorite of his costumes.

I don't see Mark Hamill all that much in the Jedi figure to be honest..i see a petrified mess, its still a nice figure but..maybe even farmboy luke might look more like pre-accident mark hamill..there probally is no definitive one.

How about resurrecting a 7-year old thread?? :)

Yesterday I purchased this old Luke Skywalker Heroes of the Rebellion 1/6 Sideshow Bespin figure from Sideshow cheap off of eBay, and I'm hoping someone here can answer a couple of questions for me since I can't seem to find these answers in any threads here.

Can I remove the head sculpt from this old figure and replace it with one of the DX07 Bespin head sculpts, or the head sculpt from the new Hot Toys A New Hope Luke? Would it be an easy process? Would one of those newer/better heads still be in proportion with that old Sideshow figure body?

Yes. Just heat up the neck with a hair dryer and remove it. Pop the HT head on. The body is archaic but does the job, swap with a HT slim if you can.

Yes. Just heat up the neck with a hair dryer and remove it. Pop the HT head on. The body is archaic but does the job, swap with a HT slim if you can.

Wow, thanks so much for the quick response! I'm glad to hear that the newer heads are so easily compatible with older SS bodies!

On eBay, I see many cheap (~$30) DX07 and ANH headsculpts, but there are others selling for around $100. Am I correct in assuming that the $30 ones are recasts and are thus not as high quality/nice looking as the original DX07 or new ANH HT heads? Have there already been recasts of the ANH head sculpt?

Yea those are recasts. Most are surprisingly good quality. Since you are making a custom figure, I would spring for one of those instead of paying for the overpriced original offerings.

Yea those are recasts. Most are surprisingly good quality. Since you are making a custom figure, I would spring for one of those instead of paying for the overpriced original offerings.

Thanks again for the help and advice! If I knew how to give you a positive reputation point, I would! :)

Back