SS Weta Treebeard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sideshowpdx

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have just sold the second to last of my LOTR SS Weta statues... I just sold my Ringwraith on Steed. I have had around 30 different SS Weta LOTR Statues dating back to 3 years ago including the Daddy Balrog and Cave Troll.. I have sadly let them all go and moved on to SS Premium Format, MR 1:1 replicas and CM pieces...
One piece that still sits on my desk at work is Treebeard... This is THE most underapreciated SS LOTR piece on the market today, IMO.... BEAUTIFUL detail. Only 1500 produced and it barely sells over the $300 retail price. Unless this ever gets over $1K,,, I'll never let it go.

interior43-vi.jpg

i dont know why it doesn't fetch better prices.ive also got 1
and it fantastic.as you say i'll never sell it unless its price sky rockets.
for now it a definately a keeper.

I totally agree. I do not collect busts, but this one is a must have.

I was able to acquire one in New Zealand earlier this year for retail (which was US$ 158 there) and I absolutely love it - thanks again reelcollectibles :bow

I also had mine signed by sculptor Brigitte Wuest later on :joy which makes me appreciate it even more.

sideshowpdx said:
This is THE most underapreciated SS LOTR piece on the market today, IMO....
In my view, Gandalf on Shadowfax is the most underappreciated piece - for under $ 200 you get a very impressive piece, fantastic sculpt and amazing likeness - it is still #1 on my list. :cool:

Most happy to say that I have a Treebeard. This is one time size makes a difference, and biggest is best. :blissy

Treebeard truly is underapprieciated, the other beautiful pieces, like GoSF, are only cheaper due to their much larger ES.
GoSF is also my favourite statue I own.
I love Briggite Wuest :love your too lucky goliath

Yeah, Treebeard was a no-brainer purchase for us as well. Excellent bust.

I don't have the Treebeard bust but it does look nice. But this is one character that deserved a full statue done of him. I have the ToyBiz Treebeard and it is amazing. It's the perfect size (14" tall or so) for a statue of the Ent.

Treebeard will never leave my collection either.. And still remains the centerpoint of my LoTR collection..Its enormous..

I never understood why this did not become one of the top pieces.

Prolly my fav from my LoTR collection.

I messed up and hit submit before answering the question :banghead :banghead :banghead

The name's Dumass

In the interests of fair play, I feel compelled to share with everyone that Treebeard's Elvish name is "Fred". :D

Well I have a question are we suppose to include the ! at the end when we enter and Im asking seriously now about this. Im not sure

No no no no, substitute a "?" instead ! (seriously, though, I would assume the "!" needs to be included!)

SS just told me that it has a big chip on the tree....:monkey2

..so, i say do not play the game. :cool: :monkey1

Heh,

Ol' Treebeard's my latest (and only recent) Sideshow*Weta collection addition. I'd held off before because it was a "bust", and I had decided to draw a line and not collect busts. But that was dumb, and this one is awesome. :lol

So Good Luck to all those throwing their hat in the ring!

And to all the losers (sorry, but if you ain't first, you're last :lol), some good news: As was noted above, prices haven't escalated at all on this beauty. I got mine a few bucks under MSRP. :D

Back