SS please fix Thor's hammer!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This really isn't a big deal. But I agree, SS had plenty of time to fix it and should. It won't take anything away from the piece if they don't though.

While it certainly isn't a big enough flaw to make me cancel, I agree that it should be corrected. Why produce a $350 item with an obvious punctuation error sculpted into it?
Actually, I'd rather they just produced this piece with no inscription on the hammer; the only time I remember it being visible was in that one panel from JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #83. I think it detracts from the piece.

[...]

Grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors are true oversights that, while small, are often considered tacky on a "high end" piece. It's a subtle implication that something wasn't made with the utmost care and competence.

[...]

Like they put "Return of the King" on the base of the "Fellowship of the Ring"-Aragorn PF :rotfl

They were referring to the Aragorn PF figure.

Got ya, thanks!

So it is coming with the punctuation error, is this in anyone's hands yet? I didn't pre-order from SS but I might be possible getting one from secondary market...

Even if it's not fixed, it's no big deal. In fact, I don't think that it's an extra comma at all. I think that it was a nick in the surface of the hammer caused by either Skurge the Executioner's enchanted axe or a little slash mark made by one of Fafnir the Dragon's claws. ;)

Back