SS EPII Obi Wan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Who's waiting for an Episode II Obi Wan?

I know what it is ....DRUGS! :p Honestly, I look at him and don't see anything BUT AOTC. And I'm really glad they decided to reuse the awesome headsculpt. Sure it's recycled but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Well, if I were to guess, I imagine the majority that want a new sculpt just want a different take on his facial expression and hairdo, which there's plenty of room for variety. I secured a second Clonobi to have this headsculpt because this head fits my vision of AOTC Obi-Wan perfectly and the production apps are nice. Being an Obi-Wan fan, I could enjoy some other interpretations and I can see why others might want other looks. For most of the film, he does have more of combed back look to his hair once he lands on Kamino, I just didn't take to that style as much as the ROTS/ANH style with the part and all. The parted hair defines the character for me, as soon as his hair was long enough to do it, that became his look through to his death.

I may still dye the tunic a light grey. I just think it is visually a bit more interesting and will contrast more with the ROTS Obiwan.

I guess I'll have to get working on those 1/6 scale arena beasts.

I may still dye the tunic a light grey. I just think it is visually a bit more interesting and will contrast more with the ROTS Obiwan.

Do whatever floats your boat. I may take my ROTS tunic from my kitbash and do that and leave the SSC figure clothes as is, give me more options. Grey sticks in my head too, despite the reality of photos. Most of the early revealing shots of Ep2 Obi-Wan came from Geonosis where the coloration of the picture and the environment gave it a greyer look.

Trip down memory lane, I remember these being my first glimpses at AOTC Obi-Wan.

obin207.jpg

obin210.jpg

Kinda so-so, but I was very excited when I saw them, then shortly after, these were the first clear ones.

obin205.jpg

obin208.jpg

obin206.jpg

I remember there was one of Obi-Wan lecturing Anakin in Padme's appartment with just faint glimpse of his saber hilt and trying to figure out what his AOTC saber would look like before being confirmed it was like the TPM hilt.

Last edited:

Well, if I were to guess, I imagine the majority that want a new sculpt just want a different take on his facial expression and hairdo, which there's plenty of room for variety. I secured a second Clonobi to have this headsculpt because this head fits my vision of AOTC Obi-Wan perfectly and the production apps are nice. Being an Obi-Wan fan, I could enjoy some other interpretations and I can see why others might want other looks. For most of the film, he does have more of combed back look to his hair once he lands on Kamino, I just didn't take to that style as much as the ROTS/ANH style with the part and all. The parted hair defines the character for me, as soon as his hair was long enough to do it, that became his look through to his death.

I think that was the best of both worlds actually. I picked up an extra Clone Obi for a custom AOTC version. Then we got the leaked announcement. While some would think it's a loss now that they're putting one out, I still got (with a little help from Kimo) one hell of a Sideshow AOTC Clone Trooper out of the deal so all was quite literally far from lost. The cool think about it too, is with the exclusive Rex, it can be an image of the trooper talking to him too!

I popped the head off my Hasbro ROTS Clone and onto my spare Clone body over the weekend. It's not great because of where the hole in the Hasbro head is in relation to the height of the SSC neck, but from the right angles it looks pretty sharp until SSC releases a standard white CT.

$70, 1000 piece Ex., Kamino saberdart Ex.

PPO 12/5 10AM PT.

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Getting one fo' sho'!!! Looks awesome :rock That's a good price, too.

He looks much better upright, a lot of their crouched poses don't make the body proportions look good, same thing happened with Ki-Adi.

I like the $70. If it was still $90 its an easy pass but now I might get him.

Still a pass, simply because he is shipping next month

Still a pass, simply because he is shipping next month

Where are you getting a ship date from? December 5 is for the PPO only. And only 1,000 of the exclusive. I think that's the lowest size yet.

lolll..is that the same face sculpt than the armored one? on the buck body??? :lol at SW fans...

Back