SS EPII Obi Wan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Who's waiting for an Episode II Obi Wan?

I wouldn't necessarily say unprecedented since he would basically be a variant, albeit with more than typical changes. The robes should be a bit more tan and the boots would be new.
I would also add that they would market him as a variant so 'technically' it won't break their 'no reuse' headsculpt rule.

By a technicality, wouldn't them adding a buck-style neck make it a different headsculpt? I mean, the face and mullet would essentially be a recast, but with the new neck, and most likely cast the same way they do all the buck heads, it's still different.

If it's on the buck i won't buy it straight on principal!!

Since there is no way in Hell they would sell this on a Pro for the same price as the Buck, there will be a lot of disappointment.

I would like to see SW figures on the Pro, but the Buck isn't a deal breaker for me, especially since all the others already have it.

Just looking at MF's photos of a robed Obi-wan on an HT TT body is enough to convince me of the need. In this day and age when figures on a buck go for the same price as a fig on the PRO (Gandalf vs Indy) I prefer the PRO hands down.

Not me. I try to forget that movie ever happened. (Well, sometimes...It is actually starting to grow on me, especially if I ignore Jake Lloyd and Jar Jar Binks.

Just looking at MF's photos of a robed Obi-wan on an HT TT body is enough to convince me of the need. In this day and age when figures on a buck go for the same price as a fig on the PRO (Gandalf vs Indy) I prefer the PRO hands down.

I'd say that's what you'll get. If there is an AOTC figure on its way, my assumption would be that as they produced the Clonobi figure, they performed an extended production of the head, same molds, same painters, etc., so Buck wouldn't even be compatible.

However this raises something. If they do release this and before the year is out, that means they predetermined an edition size for it, yet it seems like outside of Ex. editions, ES is somewhat based on sales and projected sales. So would SSC take a stab a leap of assumption and guess how many they can sell and commit to it. Realistically, there's still much they can't recycle on this figure. Patterns yes, fabrics not so much, not to do it best, there hasn't been an SW figure with the proper color tunic yet, Mace had the pants sure. Boots would have to be new, tunic new, significant enough. It's like Obi-Wan trying to solve the bounty hunter mystery, trying to get to the bottom of the puzzle with the few clues.

Any Obi-Wan is good with me, although I want AOTC Obi-Wan before TPM.

I'm gonna laugh when we've gotten this thread to more than 20 or so pages (which it may be at the time they release the pic) with our hopeful banter and we see that it's the Clone Obi and they screwed up the UPC.

At least it will show that demand is there for ATOC characters.

eh, so sue me. It's late, I'm tired and fairly well just exhausted. Won't be able to recharge until after Christmas so be prepared for many other mistakes like that.

Back