Statue SS Conan the Barbarian Fury of the Beast Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aside from the two small Predator dios that I picked up last year I didn't have any other SS pieces. Malgus and Batman are my first two PF's and of course I have Fury of the Beast. I have to say SS is pumping out great pieces. I have six PF's one MQ one Cq on PO and waiting to Po WW. I am feeling pretty good about 2014 and what they are bringing us.

I noticed the black one isn't even on low quantity alert, and I haven't seen anyone selling one before. The thing that makes me want this is he looks like king kong to me and there aren't any cool Kong pieces imo. Not sure if I should hold out and try to get this cheaper or if it's a good piece to use $200 in rewards points on. I was thinking about using them on the MJ comi. I'm conflicted :gah:

Well I used my $150 in rewards for this... So.... Doooooo itttttttttt ;)

I noticed the black one isn't even on low quantity alert, and I haven't seen anyone selling one before. The thing that makes me want this is he looks like king kong to me and there aren't any cool Kong pieces imo. Not sure if I should hold out and try to get this cheaper or if it's a good piece to use $200 in rewards points on. I was thinking about using them on the MJ comi. I'm conflicted :gah:

Find room Bro! Dont miss out on this great statue. At least try to see one in person, if you haven't already. Then make a decision before The Beast sells out!

Don't let this stop you. I though I didn't have room either. It got here, I spent an hour figuring out where I could put him. He is now solo on a display table that I had to bring in, but now I'm sooo happy!!

Totally agree! This year has started off great first this and then Batman!

Thanks guys.... Funny thing is wolf-brother is that I would think about selling my Batman to get this... Just not 100% in love with the Dark Knight... I want to love it but all the little things that bothered me about the original sculpt still bother me. It's a great overall piece but It just does not have that "Bam" factor for me.

I really love this piece but I am thinking of waiting for a Conan piece that is action oriented but where you can see Conan better.

I still could see myself getting this down the road but the EX would still have to be available..... Oh yeah and more room. :) ;)

Thanks guys.... Funny thing is wolf-brother is that I would think about selling my Batman to get this... Just not 100% in love with the Dark Knight... I want to love it but all the little things that bothered me about the original sculpt still bother me. It's a great overall piece but It just does not have that "Bam" factor for me.

I really love this piece but I am thinking of waiting for a Conan piece that is action oriented but where you can see Conan better.

I still could see myself getting this down the road but the EX would still have to be available..... Oh yeah and more room. :) ;)

Totally understand this JAWS! If you're not feeling a piece it's an easy pass. I am on the other side of the coin, I am not into DC but this Batman just does it for me. :)

Trust me, from the left angle you can see plenty of Conan in serious action! That's how I have it displayed.

Ok fellow freaks.... I have enough saved up for this Dio...but...I'm torn between the black and the white...I know it comes down to personal preference and honestly....I like both..... I have looked thru these pics over and over again have still can't make a decision...$500 is a lot to spend on a wrong color decision...tips or help are appreciated ... Lemme know :)

I have the white one which is amazing but it was difficult to decide as the black looks nice too. But I wish the white color had been whiter because it's rather light grey and doesn't seem very "natural". Hope this helps.

I have the white one which is amazing but it was difficult to decide as the black looks nice too. But I wish the white color had been whiter because it's rather light grey and doesn't seem very "natural". Hope this helps.

It does...but I already ordered the white last fri :) looks like we have similar tastes

Trust me, from the left angle you can see plenty of Conan in serious action! That's how I have it displayed.

I agree, displaying this amazing piece at the right angle makes all the difference. I also found displaying lower works well (mine is on a low table).

dumurebe.jpg

ypesyqej.jpg

Its interesting to see the personal differences of opinion people have on the color. Many people complained they wanted the white one greyer to better reflect how Howard described the apes !

Its interesting to see the personal differences of opinion people have on the color. Many people complained they wanted the white one greyer to better reflect how Howard described the apes !

“It was a gray ape, one of the grisly man-eaters from the forests that wave on the mountainous eastern shores of the Sea of Vilayet. Half mythical and altogether horrible, these apes were the goblins of Hyborian legendry, and were in reality ogres of the natural world, cannibals and murderers of the nighted forests.

He knew it scented his presence, for it was coming swiftly now, rolling its barrel-like body rapidly along on its short, mighty, bowed legs. He cast a quick glance up the long stair, but knew that the thing would be on his back before he could mount to the distant door. He chose to meet it face to face.”

The Hour of the Dragon - Robert E. Howard

I agree but the first time I saw the pictures of this diorama on sideshow website, I was amazed by the sculpt but I also loved the contrast between the white (almost "pure") color of the beast and Conan. I don't know it they changed the pics later on their website because now they look grey and are accurate to what I received. Someone said that the actual color make him think of a prototype color and I agree with that.

This comes in today for me...hopefully I can get some pics to y'all...if they are still wanted ;) I am getting the white one in.

Back