Statue SS Conan the Barbarian Fury of the Beast Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL...i guess it can seem that way but i never actually thought of that. Im just not a huge fan of the paint on the ape in this. At least the ones ive seen. Conan is pretty good for a production paint.

I'm glad you liked mine. You got some good pieces man...good work too

Most repaints do look better if done by qualified personnel, lol

got my black ape. No Qc issues thankfully and he was easier to put on the base than I thought it would be going off of previous posts. I would give it a 9.5/10. I could never give a manufactured piece a perfect 10 cause the paint apps could always be better, but this is damn close to perfect. I have him on my computer desk so I could look down on him. My conan has a tiny bit of the googly eyes, but overall, it's just an amazing piece of art. When SS RARELY nails a dynamic pose, they really nail it.

No more love for this piece? Lol I bet many that own it here still look at it everyday and say wow. To me there was always something about dioramas especially when a creature was involved in battle. What a great piece it is. If I had an office this is the one I would have on my desk while conducting interviews. LoL

thanks!

Unfortunately, I just noticed there seems to be some sort of paint flaking or missed paint on Conans hair? It hasn't been 30days yet, so I can return it if I want to, but I'd rather find a super easy solution to fix these white lines in his hair, any suggestions? I don't want to return it, but this will bug me kept the way it is.

thanks!

Unfortunately, I just noticed there seems to be some sort of paint flaking or missed paint on Conans hair? It hasn't been 30days yet, so I can return it if I want to, but I'd rather find a super easy solution to fix these white lines in his hair, any suggestions? I don't want to return it, but this will bug me kept the way it is.

I know...once you know it's there your eyes keep going to the spot.

I used Tamiya XF-1 flat black on some of my statues with the same problem. Paint some on let it dry then buff lightly with a soft cloth and all will be good.

I don't know what that means to buff lightly? I am a complete novice to any painting and would be scared to death of ruining it.

I don't know what that means to buff lightly? I am a complete novice to any painting and would be scared to death of ruining it.

That makes two of us and I was scared to death the first time I did it too but it is easy. After it dries (24hrs) just take a clean soft cloth and rub/buff lightly back and forth a few times to take away any haze. You won't damage the piece.

They may. I got a small 10ml bottle on ebay for a few bucks plus shipping.

The first time I used it, it was on a 1k paint up of the CS Moore Barbarian statue. There was a spot on the hair that stuck to the wrapping paper during shipping and it took the paint right off. I contacted the painter (Paul Foster Moore) and he told me how to fix it. It worked like a charm so don't worry.

I think it actually started flaking worse when I was dusting the hair with a brush and it's only on that side of his head, but I will look on ebay. Thanks!

Good luck azurepred. I also own the EX. I had to get a replacement as my first one arrive with a broken base but SS made good. It's a fantastic piece.

Waiting for the next Conan installment now. :hi5:

thanks, one last novice question, does it need to be diluted in water at all or just right out of the bottle, slap it on Conan? Thanks

almost any flat black will do...Micheals has Testors...even their cheap black acrylic is good as long as you seal afterwards with a flat clear your good...micheals has some good fine brushes can be had for a good price too...use very little paint on the brush I mean the minimum needed to darken the areas you want...

almost any flat black will do...Micheals has Testors...even their cheap black acrylic is good as long as you seal afterwards with a flat clear your good...micheals has some good fine brushes can be had for a good price too...use very little paint on the brush I mean the minimum needed to darken the areas you want...

ok, thanks for the tip, unfortunately, I just ordered a bottle off ebay, so I will have to wait. I actually have some unused small brushes around already.

thanks, one last novice question, does it need to be diluted in water at all or just right out of the bottle, slap it on Conan? Thanks

no water...just again use the tiniest amount on the brush...you just want to lightly paint those spots..I would paint then wipe off with clean finger tips...cloth/paper wiping has a tendency to leave fibers ...fingers clean up the upper surfaces nicely while leaving the paint in those grooves you wanted painted...My Sauron and Conan was 95% wiped by my fingers after adding paint

Do not be afraid of using too little paint...if you run out on your brush go back and redip again...only the tiniest bit of paint on the brush tip for this type of job

Back