SS Classic Spider-Man vs. Tychus Findlay statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetbabala

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Since this involves my Classic Spider-Man statue, I thought I would put this in the Marvel section. I am interested in potentially trading my Spider-Man, mint and complete with both boxes, for another member's Tychus Findlay statue, which I believe is also mint with both boxes. The Spider-Man has always been one of my favorite pieces, but the Tychus statue looks awesome in the pictures I have seen. Simply put, how much cash should go on top of Tychus to get the Spider-man?

Thanks,
Ryan

Classic Spidey? Is that the Red/Black version? If so its worth anywhere from $600-$800 depending on the supply and demand I wouldn't say anymore than $1000 realistically. The red/blue version anywhere from $400-$500 and the Negative Zone usually around $800-$1000 although lack of supply is driving it closer and closer to $2000.

I have no ^^^^ing clue who Tychus Findlay is but go the worth of that statue subtracted off of the rough estimates and you'll be okay.

Classic Spidey? Is that the Red/Black version? If so its worth anywhere from $600-$800 depending on the supply and demand. The red/blue version anywhere from $400-$500 and the Negative Zone usually around $800-$1000.

I have no ^^^^ing clue who Tychus Findlay is but go the worth of that statue subtracted off of the rough estimates and you'll be okay.

i'm thinking those prices are a bit on the low side.

Tychus goes for >$1000 but <$1300. Current one sold buy it now for $750.

The Retro Spidey, last one, went for $2500.

But, imo...the Tychus is more detailed than Retro. You can tell the workmanship put into that statue. I have both and I don't plan on letting either one go anytime soon.

Tychus goes for >$1000 but <$1300. Current one sold buy it now for $750.

The Retro Spidey, last one, went for $2500. But, imo...the Tychus is more detailed than Retro. You can tell the workmanship put into that statue. I have both and I don't plan on letting either one go anytime soon.

i thinks that was a fluke, and that's if it even sold, but ones i've seen in the past usually hover around the $1500+/-

Thank you, all, for your responses.

So would you say the Tychus piece plus 1000.00 is out of line for the Classic Spider-Man?

That sounds about right. Maybe a little high. I don't have a clue who TF is, but apparently a lot of people want that statue considering some of the prices I've seen it sell for.

Up to you, with that in mind I don't think you will get that trade at all. Personally, Ive made trades with people's collectibles that were worth way less than mine but that is just me.

well the curiousity finally got to me and i went to ebay and searched for this Tychus Findlay statue, guess i don't have any idea about this character or line of sideshows. as far as i would be concerned i wouldn't trade for it but i guess it depends on how much value you place on it.

keep in mind the spidey piece has proven itself a number of times as of late, ask yourself how many of these Tychus Findlay statues have sold by actual auction (not BUY IT NOW) lately to suggest that they are truely worth that kind of $$$

i like how people state that a certain piece is worth X amount of $$$ since that's what it's going for onthe bay, but in fact the referances that they talk about are the buy it now's that rarely show the true value of a piece.

well the curiousity finally got to me and i went to ebay and searched for this Tychus Findlay statue, guess i don't have any idea about this character or line of sideshows. as far as i would be concerned i wouldn't trade for it but i guess it depends on how much value you place on it.

keep in mind the spidey piece has proven itself a number of times as of late, ask yourself how many of these Tychus Findlay statues have sold by actual auction (not BUY IT NOW) lately to suggest that they are truely worth that kind of $$$

i like how people state that a certain piece is worth X amount of $$$ since that's what it's going for onthe bay, but in fact the referances that they talk about are the buy it now's that rarely show the true value of a piece.

Thank you for your thoughts. I have given definite thought to the staying power, or longevity, of each piece in retaining their respective sale prices. My personal feeling is the Classic Spider-Man will likely always have the higher value due to the fan base and much greater rarity of the piece. I suspect I could pick up a Tychus down the road for the going rate, if not lower, but the Spider-Man will remain expensive and much more difficult to track down.

The other member and I were unable to work out a deal, but we both felt my asking price was a fair one.

Ryan

you should pick up some asap. once sc2 is release there will be more people after it.

Back