1/6 SS: 1/6 General Grievous MODIFICATION & photography thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh thats great news then. hopefully its just for certain units only

one person saying they havent seen anything yet doesn't make it great news across the board though... I took my cape and rubbed it on white paper... it transferred red so it likely depend on how much adjusting you do while its on the figure

So this is WIP, but almost entirely back together, some parts painted some not. I have a job to do on his hands next.
But happy enough with his look so far, keep in mind this is a static standing pose, which I would never put Grievous in.

You General Grievous shoulder transformed into narrow shoulders?

Ok, I'm done with this for a while. Great idea using the Tony Stark base for the General, sorry I can't remember who did it first, but inspired choice..

That's why I am not spending $250 for Grievous. SS should have that posture right out of the box. Looks Fan ****** tactic man!!! Now I know what it feels like when "doves" cry!!

That is literally jawdroppingly amazing work!!!!!!!!!!!! If you ever want to charge to make these mods let me know and my General will be the first one shipped out on its way to you!!!!!!

4_zpse394da8f.jpg
[/URL]
Love it!!!!!!!!!
It's hard to stop taking pictures of this guy. Isn't it?

So Rory, you're taking the secret of your cape mod to your grave? How about a quick hint as to what an acrylic dip is and what product you use to do it? I promise I'll shut up about it then. :pray:

Sorry man, thought I had already posted it, but it was a few PMs I had answered.
What I do is dip the fabric in water, let it drip dry and then paint it with acrylics washes while it is wet.
Thats the really important part as it makes the paint disappear into the fabric, and you achieve tones rather than brush strokes.
Becareful of how much paint you use as the more paint the stiffer it gets. I also sometimes do an overall tint or dye with black or grey fabric dye.

Hope this helps..

Thanks everyone for the kind comments by the way.

Last edited:
Rorywan - I just wanted to take a moment and express how awesome I think you have modified Grievous. I also wanted to say thank you for the great tutorials. I can tell it took time to explain and post. You really went into step by step detail as well. You made it as comprehensive as possible. I respect you a lot sir.
Thanks

Rorywan - I just wanted to take a moment and express how awesome I think you have modified Grievous. I also wanted to say thank you for the great tutorials. I can tell it took time to explain and post. You really went into step by step detail as well. You made it as comprehensive as possible. I respect you a lot sir.
Thanks

Thanks man, very nice of you to say. It's quite a tricky thing to do (to describe in words and pics what is a tactile process), but I hope i made everything as simple as possible for everyone..

I think I'm finished with my Grievous now, but it has inspired me to start another Grievous related project. :rock

Back