Splinter Cell: Conviction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well as a newcomer to the series I think it plays great. I'm sure Ubisoft wasn't trying to alienate the fans of the series but just trying to bring in new ones that hadn't played a Splinter Cell before. I honestly think they did a good job and it's a nice stealth/action mix.

It's turned into Uncharted, meets Gears, meets Dark Sector.

It no longer feels like a MGS stealth rival....

Well, MGS doesn't really feel like MGS anymore, so what's wrong with Conviction taking a tentative step into a slightly different and new direction?

Well, MGS doesn't really feel like MGS anymore, so what's wrong with Conviction taking a tentative step into a slightly different and new direction?

Hmmm...

I liked MGS slightly new take on it's direction rather than Splinter Cells.

MGS still felt the same but at the same time you could play it however you wanted to. And it still felt like MGS. This doesn't feel like the previous SP. I miss the old Splinter Cell.

How do I describe it better. Imagine them as milkshakes. MGS feels like the same old shake but with some new ingredients. SC seems like they took it shook it up and dumped it into a whole new container.

Can't wait to pick this up. Always preferred SC to MGS simply because the story wasn't convoluted garbage. I don't mind the new take on gameplay; if I want stealth perfected, I can always go back and play Chaos Theory.

Can't wait to pick this up. Always preferred SC to MGS simply because the story wasn't convoluted garbage. I don't mind the new take on gameplay; if I want stealth perfected, I can always go back and play Chaos Theory.

Same here, but I don't mind playing either. Can't wait for this to arrive...should get an email from Amazon tomorrow that it's shipping out.

Yea, and "you can maybe squeeze 15-20 hours out of it with the MP and Co-op".

So he got bored of MP after only 10 hours? No thanks.

I'm still getting it. I got an amazon giftcard when I bought a new 360 last month so I'm only paying $2 out of pocket, but yeah I used to spend countless hours going through Splinter Cell's single player just to find different ways to get through the missions without being detected. Hmm...I can't wait until I move next month so I can dig my old Xbox out an play the old school Splinter Cell games.

Buy for me. Played the demo and liked it enough. Any game that plays Johnny Cash in the release trailer gets a thumbs up too. :lol
That made Fisher look even more bad ass.

Great score, but I'm afraid I don't like the part where they said the campaign is roughly 5 hours long. That's ridiculous....5 hours??? Hopefully that's on the lower difficulties or something.

you'd think that after being delayed a couple of times you'd get more hours of gaming. at least you get some more hours out of co-op. im still getting it. i just wish they'd go back to the splinter cell 1-3 gameplay which was awesome!

Well I keep reminding myself that a reviewer's job is to get through a game as quickly as possible so that they can publish an article/review before the game is released to the public. They aren't spending time exploring the levels or unlocking trophies/achievements. One of the greatest aspects of the Splinter Cell games for me is the challenge of replaying the levels trying to get all stealth takedowns without setting off a single alarm. I hope this game will bring the same challenge for me.

5 hours!? That's pretty poor.

I was even tempted to buy an xbox just for this game and a couple of others. Hmmm, decisions.

Back