Splinter Cell: Conviction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just played through the demo and I must say = AWESOME!!! Gameplay is great even though its a little different from the old Splinter Cell games. Just take some getting used to, but once you get used to it I think its gonna be a blast. Lets just say the game is still centered around stealth, but with great options for action playing.

I downloaded the demo the other day but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. I stayed away from the previous Splinter Cell cause I'm not too much of a stealth game fan. I know this one will still have elements of it but I read that it has more action to it than the others, so I'm hoping I'll like it cause it looks like it's gonna be really good.

I didn't care much for it. It felt very much like Heavy Rain, like instead of taking cover myself and moving to the next object and shooting the guys. I highlighted the surface and just hit a prompt command to make him run and take cover and even highlighted over enemies, and then he shot for me.

It took me out of it.

I downloaded the demo the other day but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. I stayed away from the previous Splinter Cell cause I'm not too much of a stealth game fan. I know this one will still have elements of it but I read that it has more action to it than the others, so I'm hoping I'll like it cause it looks like it's gonna be really good.

seems like the previous Splinter Cells...different in a good way but it's still about stealth...at least in the demo.

I didn't care much for it. It felt very much like Heavy Rain, like instead of taking cover myself and moving to the next object and shooting the guys. I highlighted the surface and just hit a prompt command to make him run and take cover and even highlighted over enemies, and then he shot for me.

It took me out of it.
It felt like Heavy Rain? The moving from cover to cover with the push of a button is just an easier way to slide from point to point. You can still move the control stick and manually go into cover by holding down the left trigger.

As for him shooting the enemies automatically, that's the mark and execute system. You don't use that every time, or at all really, it's just something there to help you out in tight spots. You can still manually aim and shoot like a regular shooter. The mark and execute meter only fills up when you get up behind a guy and take him down with your hands, so it isn't infinite.

Not trying to push the game on you or anything, I just don't really understand the comparison to Heavy Rain.

seems like the previous Splinter Cells...different in a good way but it's still about stealth...at least in the demo.
Yeah I got a chance to play it not long after I posted and I enjoyed it. It is about stealth but I felt that when I got compromised, which will probably happen alot with me, I still had a fighting chance and I wasn't instantly screwed.

That's really all I wanted. I don't mind trying to be stealthy but when it fails or I make a mistake, I just want a fighting chance to get out of it. I'm really looking forward to playing the final game.

On a side not, it was probably just me but did the visuals seem just a little bit rough? I know it was a demo and it didn't look bad at all but it was just something I noticed.

Demo is plenty fun. You don't need to use any of these new features if you don't want to. They're just there to action it up a bit...I can't wait to get full use out of this with the co-op campaign--Imagine yourself and another player moving on both sides of a room and both players marking and executing an entire room of bad guys.
~~One thing I didn't like was the kill only takedowns. Hopefully this is just for the demo and you have the option of killing or knocking them out in the full game.

the controls take some getting used to and the demo didnt have the same impact on me as when i played the demo for the first splinter cell, i dont know it seems something is misssing from this.....but hey its just the demo, we'll see how the game turns out.

Well as a newcomer to the series I think it plays great. I'm sure Ubisoft wasn't trying to alienate the fans of the series but just trying to bring in new ones that hadn't played a Splinter Cell before. I honestly think they did a good job and it's a nice stealth/action mix.

Back