SPIDERMAN PF!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't like the look of Spidey THAT much. I would have preferred all polystone or all cloth (which would be tough in some areas).

Oh well. I still may pick him up when we get better pics.

Last edited:
Pre-order is up. 500 edition size. The exclusive camera is cool looking. Looks sort of awkward on Spiderman, but I love the old school (Manual focus) look of the camera.

Pics people I need pics. I'm working today and the network doesn't allow me access to SS site.:D

Just wanted to do a quick post to apologize for my inaccurate information. The person said it looked like rubber so I might have misunderstood thinking that looks like rubber meant it was rubber as opposed to polystone that looks like rubber...or something. Anyways, no harm no foul...right? :cool:

Definitely concerned about the costume like everyone else. Do we have a definitive answer as to the composition of the costume? Has SS confirmed or denied whether a portion is in fact polystone?

Don't mind the pose though and it will look great with Gobby. But I"m in no hurry to order yet. Not planning on the exclusive anyway, a camera I can do without.

It doesn't match the Poly and Fabric from the pictures. It doesn't make sense why they would do this since Spidey's "suit" is really one piece. Its going to look odd, I dont see how these materials can match to look like one.

*sigh*... I am not even going to say what I just did :sick ... the Green Goblin possessed me :sick

Xeno said:
Perhaps a photcamera with the exclusive? ;) Will there be an excl btw? That for sure??

Just qouting myself a litttle here. ;) I pre-ordered but am also a little sceptic about the blue fabric. Not sure if it won't look weird. Since the red polystone is perhaps much smoother than the fabric.

And don't know anymore who said it, but I agree with the fact the most superheroe statues look way too muscled. Then again, I 'm just starting with comics again since 20 years or so.. so perhaps it's this way in the comic books as well. But I think it looks so totally UNnatural to have all these over-exagerated (prob wrong spelling, right? ;) ) muscles visible thruogh the suits/clothing. It 's like as if the cloths these superheroes wear are their skin. Hope I'm making sense. Nobody gives an ass anyway , most probably :D but I just think it looks weird all these supermucles showing.

Fancy meeting you here Xeno!
The muscles are always how the vision of the artist is about the character; some draw are lean, "human" Spider-man, and some a more bulky, muscalar type. And it depends on what your own vision is, which you like.....

FrankenFan said:
See post #98, Viking. Klauder states it's fabric & poly.

EDit: Oops! Ox!

Thanks FF, I completely missed that post. I guess I had the abnormal brain there for a moment. :D

I am definitely anxious to see how this gets pulled off in production. Not trying to stir anything up here, but I'm very worried that no matter how good and integrated this might look on the prototype, the real problems might turn up in the 'mass production'.

KLAUDER said:
Hey everyone,Klauder here,

Just to answer your questions,the Spidey piece has be engineered so that all the blue parts that you are looking at are fabric. All of the red parts are polystone. And the red spider logo on his back is screen printed.

It was quite tricky to get the body engineered to fit the clothingi in seamlessly, but I think we hit it right on the head. This piece that you are looking at is not a prototype,but an actual pre-production sample. That means that what you are seeing is almost exactly what you will get.

Hope that helps. Thank you all for your support. I hope you are all enjoyin the new items.

Klauder

Any chance that the spider logo on the back will look better in the final version? It throws off the whole look of the piece to me since the rest of the red parts are polystone and painted. The symbol needs to be a darker red to match the polystone and might look better outlined in black to give the lines on it more definition. It looks like a cheap afterthought right now.

Just a suggestion that I feel would greatly improve the overall look of the piece.

Eh, I think I would have preferred all one or the other. The exclusive isn't anything that would prevent me from finding this much cheaper later. :cool:

Josh to the rescue! Thanks again for the super sized pics!! Always nice to be able to scrutinize your potential purchases.

(Have any for the John Wayne PF?)

tomandshell said:
Josh to the rescue! Thanks again for the super sized pics!! Always nice to be able to scrutinize your potential purchases.

(Have any for the John Wayne PF?)

No problem. I love the high res pics because of what the allow you to see.

John Wayne huh?

Here ya go.:D

I still have never seen a perfect or even close-to-perfect Spidey sculpt. I'm curious as to why sculptors lean toward the modern version of Spidey as opposed to the way Spidey appeared in the 60's and 70's.

BB

Thanks again for the hi-res picks. For me it just confirms that both Green Goblin and I are eagerly awaiting this figure. :rock

Back