Premium Format Spider-Man ‘Symbiote Costume’ Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

If the base would have came out like the prototype, then I think it would have been a homerun.

I noticed that too. Looks like a big smudge to me but hopefully it is something better than that :)

looks like a glob of paint that someone forgot to remove...my understanding is that it is intentional...hopefully a non-issue in person.

That's not paint, it's part of the sculpt. Texture/veins. They didn't represent the symbiote like a cloth suit, more like a thin layer of organic matter on his skin. It's been here from the start on the proto.

maxresdefault.jpg

symbiotefbbanner.jpg

Symbiote-Spider-Man-Premium-Format-Figure-Statue-e1438826354385.jpg

There is stuff like this all over the statue so if you don't like it on the abdomen it's gonna be an issue :lol

300510-spider-man-symbiote-costume-10.jpg

The organic texturing is one of the reasons I ordered

Yes personally I think it looks incredible, much more interesting than a perfectly even surface. Not sure why all of a sudden it's an issue with the in-hand pics when it was already so obvious on the prototype for the past year.

See, the texture isn't what caught my eye. The different shades of black did. On that spot, it looks like it's grey or something. Could be the light, but it jumped out at me right away. The veins/texture have always been obvious, the possible variation in color not as much. Guess we'll all find out very soon!

Yes personally I think it looks incredible, much more interesting than a perfectly even surface. Not sure why all of a sudden it's an issue with the in-hand pics when it was already so obvious on the prototype for the past year.

I need to pay more attention :)

Hopefully it kicks ass in person.

Good plan.

I don't love this but I could use a symbiote spiderman. Thing with me is, once something enters my collection, I find it very hard to let go of them.

I figure if I don't like it in hand I'll just sell for cost. Still get the SS points. Win win. I think I'll like it though. I always loved the black suit.

That's my plan. Going to wait and see how the custom base turns out. If I don't like it then I feel very confident I can make my money back easily.

The thing that's killing me is that the Vader PF is charging and shipping tomorrow for some people and I haven't even ordered that yet.
I know I want the Vader PF more but the ES on that is huge and the ES on this is small for what it is.

Back