1/6 Speculation: Star Wars Episode IX Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to try to find that. Is it noticeably better quality than has appeared on the past DVDs (I don't think that one appeared on any of the SW Blus)?

Good question. I haven't watched my DVD version for quite a while and certainly not upscaled with a modern processor. But I suspect the limitations of DVD compression codecs will show compared to more a more up to date one.

Do you think Hot Toys will announce an exclusive set of Toy Fair figures this year due to San Diego Comic-Con got canceled because covid-19?
I hope for a episode 9 Jedi Master luke (head from the last jedi and body+clothes of the force awakens)

Do you think Hot Toys will announce an exclusive set of Toy Fair figures this year due to San Diego Comic-Con got canceled because covid-19?
I hope for a episode 9 Jedi Master luke (head from the last jedi and body+clothes of the force awakens)

I think they might still do 1-2 but one will be an IronMan and the other might be a DC.

Can't speak for HT/Sideshow but if they follow the same pattern that Funko did with ECCC when it canceled they'll just do an online release. Make the first wave exclusive to attendees; second wave available to the masses for any leftover stock.

Can't speak for HT/Sideshow but if they follow the same pattern that Funko did with ECCC when it canceled they'll just do an online release. Make the first wave exclusive to attendees; second wave available to the masses for any leftover stock.

I hate "fair Exclusives" what's the point, other than for a select few to scalp them on eBay for ridiculous prices ?

All their exclusives are always available on Sideshow anyway, so it's not really a big difference as far as availability goes, except you're forced to buy from Sideshow.

Wouldn’t Dark Rey or Ben Solo be a good sdcc exclusive? Ben could come with Leia’s saber so if you want Rey with both sabers you have to buy him too.

Wouldn’t Dark Rey or Ben Solo be a good sdcc exclusive? Ben could come with Leia’s saber so if you want Rey with both sabers you have to buy him too.

I could see Ben Solo since they'd probably just reuse the sculpt, I don't see them making Dark Rey. I've said it like a dozen times but I can't believe Hasbro hasn't even gotten to do that figure yet. Maybe they were going to save all of these for SDCC or something.

'The lack of demand for Disney’s Star Wars sequel trilogy toys shouldn’t come as a surprise. Audiences didn’t like the films and for good reason, given how the films actively set out to break down and destroy the iconic characters of the original trilogy as well as undo the entire mythos of the Force.'

Exactly.

'The lack of demand for Disney?s Star Wars sequel trilogy toys shouldn?t come as a surprise. Audiences didn?t like the films and for good reason, given how the films actively set out to break down and destroy the iconic characters of the original trilogy as well as undo the entire mythos of the Force.'

Exactly.

Hear! Hear!

The few SW HT releases we are getting continue to come from a TV show...only a couple months after a Trilogy conclusion has just wrapped. I think that speaks for itself...

In other news, water is wet. But it's interesting to hear a confirmation of what many of us suspected.

Kids aren't buying toys as aggressively these days, so that audience is out.

Older audiences generally seem to reject most new iterations of their formative franchises.

Those with expendable funds are probably going to sink money into the part of the franchise they prefer, and it seems the ST is losing on that front.

I also think the ST lacked designs that were exceptionally toy-etic. There's no "Jedi Luke" outfit for Rey, for instance (the fact that they ditched the Trevorrow design is criminal; the staff saber/double bladed saber look would have been a toy design immediately).

There's just not a massive product market for this series. Whether you like the ST or not, it's been woefully apparently from day 1 that disney botched the merchandise roll out.

I would be interested to see how this compared to Rogue One merch. Which was much more narrowly focused and seems to have evaporated quicker than anything from the ST, however there's not been much NEW merch. I almost wonder if Disney put their foot down on that because they didn't want eyes being drawn away from the ST. Because no one is making RO stuff. HT gets dragged through the dirt for not bringing out Baze and Cassian but I wonder if that was out of their hands.

'The lack of demand for Disney’s Star Wars sequel trilogy toys shouldn’t come as a surprise. Audiences didn’t like the films and for good reason, given how the films actively set out to break down and destroy the iconic characters of the original trilogy as well as undo the entire mythos of the Force.'

Exactly.

How many figures are we getting for the last movie?

Back