Speculation: Hot Toys Star Wars Rogue One Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only characters I'll buy are Ben Mendelsohn's Imperial and Vader.

If Palpatine's in the film I'll buy him too.

SSC showed pics of a 1/6 landspeeder proto - but that must be at least three years ago with no further updates. SSC seems to do that from time to time - announce something, then walk away.

I bet they could never get it to price out. At the time when HT was offering the tumbler for less then $600, my guess, from listening to them at Comicon panels, would be that they dropped the whole thing as they were probably targeting $1k with no electronics! Just my guess

If Snoke is inside that BACTA tank and Palpatine is the hooded figure, my interest in this film will increase significantly.

If Snoke is inside that BACTA tank and Palpatine is the hooded figure, my interest in this film will increase significantly.

That doesn't make any sense. The person in the hood is obviously some new character.

Besides all the new character stuff...

Hoping for a classic stormtrooper reissue as I missed them last time round and secondary market is already shooting up!

Wonder if we will get a Vader reissue with some of the bugs ironed out too.

That doesn't make any sense. The person in the hood is obviously some new character.

How is it "obviously" a new character? It could very well be Palpatine who wears a black hood and always has Royal Guards at his side.

How is it "obviously" a new character? It could very well be Palpatine who wears a black hood and always has Royal Guards at his side.

Well, Palpatine isn't known much as a "kneeling" person. So why would he kneel? Before who? And Royal Guards are there for the device or whoever is within, not as a guards of that kneeling person ... so that's because i call it obviously :)

When I asked someone in the know if that was the Emperor or Vader in that scene in the trailer I was told "too early to tell"...

Vader never had a cape. And that person is too small to be him. I'm pretty sure about it. My bet is on new character, maybe Mads Mikkelsen's. Or Maul! :lol

When I asked someone in the know if that was the Emperor or Vader in that scene in the trailer I was told "too early to tell"...

He may well be "in the know" but I think anyone could have told you it's too early to tell.:lol

........Here is a thought that has been on my mind about the future of Star Wars collecting. With the ever rising cost of HT and Sideshow figures combined with the fact that Disney is going to bleed the Star Wars franchise at a break-neck pace of a film of year for the foreseeable future how much representation does each new film warrant inside of my collection? This is not a question I expect anyone to be able to answer for me, just something I have been pondering as I have been reluctant to spend premium dollars so far on TFA.

Well, it really comes down to how much you get into it or how much do you love the franchise and even what type of collector you are.

Disney is milking the crap out of Marvel on a yearly basis, getting two movies a year from them. The Hot toys releases for the Marvel movies are also insane, often releasing the same character again with hardly any chances. But they sell, because Marvel fans have created an overwhelming demand for these, despite the price increase.

See for me, I like Marvel but none of their stuff is worth a premium price to me. So I passed on all their Hot Toys stuff.
But as Star Wars fan I am excited to add more Hot Toys stuff, but I am not a completionist collector, so at the moment I literally just have Vader and Kylo with Boba on the way and Han on pre-order. I passed on everything else.

So I guess my point is, don't worry about Star Wars getting milked by Disney. They have been doing that for a while with Marvel, and fans seem happy with it. Hell, I am not a huge Marvel guy, and I am even enjoying some of their releases a lot.

For the most part, and in most cases, sheer logic can give you a good idea what's likely to happen (as in considering the limited real estate of the factory production line).

When there's a new Marvel movie opening soon with 10 characters for HT to cover, you know that Star Wars is going to be taking a bit of a break.

I wonder if we'll see "the Emperor dissolve the council.... permanently."

Seeing that line out of context has made me realise just how sinister its meaning could really be.

As for the Marvel discussion, I hope the bubble doesn't burst and take Hot Toys with it. The bottom has fallen out of Marvel products before.

Not that it was ever likely, it's pretty much been confirmed that the bacta tank scene has nothing to do with snoke.

It's also pretty much confirmed that he's joker, a smoker, and a midnight toker.

But that was a rumor months and months ago. Not sure why this is coming up as new?

Back