Speculation: Hot Toys Star Wars Rogue One Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah we really need a poe. I reckon we will get diego luna's character as well on the rebel side. Its worrying how much negitivity Disney are giving towards this film. Alright it was never going to perform as well as TFA but I really hope they arent saying it because they know its bad!

What do you mean by that? What did Disney do?

What do you mean by that? What did Disney do?

Maybe not enough trailers (wait for October) or same marketing push in merchandising TFA got (not being shoved into every pore and orifice like last year). I think it has the potential to be as good or better than TFA. Won't be borrowing so much in from ANH in terms of plot structure and flow.

I'm really waiting for a Rogue One Vader from HT. I want a new Vader, and I'm tempted to get the ANH Vader, but I want a shiny helmet and armor (also don't want the interrogation droid). From what we saw in the trailer of his helmet, it looks freshly polished. Please HT! Release the cash grab version!

Maybe not enough trailers (wait for October) or same marketing push in merchandising TFA got (not being shoved into every pore and orifice like last year). I think it has the potential to be as good or better than TFA. Won't be borrowing so much in from ANH in terms of plot structure and flow.

I'm really waiting for a Rogue One Vader from HT. I want a new Vader, and I'm tempted to get the ANH Vader, but I want a shiny helmet and armor (also don't want the interrogation droid). From what we saw in the trailer of his helmet, it looks freshly polished. Please HT! Release the cash grab version!

I'd probably say you're just worrying too much. The way I see it, the main saga films are treated like Avengers/Iron Man movies, and these anthology films will be treated like the "smaller" movies like Thor, Ant-Man, etc.

It makes perfect sense to me. Skywalkers, Jedi's, and Sith's will sell themselves. A movie with a lot less screentime for those kind of characters need to be handled with a bit more caution to maximize profits. I'd say there's no doubt they'd miss out on being able to make another Vader. And I'll be ready to PO it once they do.

I'd probably say you're just worrying too much. The way I see it, the main saga films are treated like Avengers/Iron Man movies, and these anthology films will be treated like the "smaller" movies like Thor, Ant-Man, etc.

It makes perfect sense to me. Skywalkers, Jedi's, and Sith's will sell themselves. A movie with a lot less screentime for those kind of characters need to be handled with a bit more caution to maximize profits. I'd say there's no doubt they'd miss out on being able to make another Vader. And I'll be ready to PO it once they do.

Haha that's good! I'm just getting impatient because they didn't unload their announcements in early September like last year. But yeah you're prob right. I can't see them not doing Vader again. It practically prints money. And the rogue one Vader seems like a cross between ROTS and ANH, which is a plus for me.

Yeah we really need a poe. I reckon we will get diego luna's character as well on the rebel side. Its worrying how much negitivity Disney are giving towards this film. Alright it was never going to perform as well as TFA but I really hope they arent saying it because they know its bad!

What are you smoking, exactly? There has been nothing but positivity going into this movie.

All that was said was the CEO doesn't think it will make as much bank as TFA. There's that plus reshoots plus new composer equals Disney hates their own film. I can't wait for it. After a lacklustre summer CW aside I need some Wars again.

The composer situation had to do with scheduling a conflict, which was a result of the re-shoots. My thought is that the rough cut was probably really good but not family-friendly enough in the eyes of the Disney muckety-mucks. Rumor has it that it was too violent and dark, which in fairness to Edwards, was the type of film he planned to make. Saving Private Erso had to be toned down so kids wouldn't leave the theater with PTSD.

I have faith that we're going to get a really good to great film in the end. It obviously won't please everyone but Edwards is a huge Star Wars fan. I'd rather have someone make a film who grew up with the original than some director only interested in his vision or bank account.

What are you smoking, exactly? There has been nothing but positivity going into this movie.
I read a lot of movie news sights and recently articles surrounding rogue one have been filled with quotes from disney CEO bob iger saying "it won't perform as well as tfa" which is understandable. But then this film is an "experiment" etc. It almost feels like disney know it's not that great so they are trying to talk it down. Couple that with all the reshoot rumours performed with a different director (that's worrying) and it gets scary.
I really want this to be a good film and hope I'm wrong!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The composer situation had to do with scheduling a conflict, which was a result of the re-shoots. My thought is that the rough cut was probably really good but not family-friendly enough in the eyes of the Disney muckety-mucks. Rumor has it that it was too violent and dark, which in fairness to Edwards, was the type of film he planned to make. Saving Private Erso had to be toned down so kids wouldn't leave the theater with PTSD.

I have faith that we're going to get a really good to great film in the end. It obviously won't please everyone but Edwards is a huge Star Wars fan. I'd rather have someone make a film who grew up with the original than some director only interested in his vision or bank account.

I am definitely hoping for a grittier SW film.Reshoots are not uncommon for films.Episode 7 had them.The guy who his helping with the editing also helped Gareth Edwards with Godzilla. There is a change of composer because of scheduling, but so what? He's a great composer and I can see his music fitting in well if the film leans a little towards the war side of things.Disney need to keep comments to themselves though as people read to much into stuff.Disney knew what type of film they were getting.I think Kathleen Kennedy also mentioned last year about it.I think we will get a great film and I'm not worried about the franchise.

How many figures do you guys think will be put up for preorder tomorrow? And would they all be Rogue One, or maybe some of the OT and TFA figures revealed at SDCC as well?

i'm betting we'll see Jyn Erso, Scarif Stormtrooper, and possibly the Classic Stormtrooper thats been shown and maybe the Death Star Trooper and Gunner.

Those sound pretty likely I agree. Maybe the regular Death Trooper too. At first I thought we might see Darth Vader, until I realized that they'd probably wait till we see him in full in one of the trailers first.

I don't think they have, other than the Jedha Patrol Stormtrooper, but I can't really see them not revealing at least one or two more. I guess it's possible that that's it though. But I'm hoping for at least the Shoretrooper.

Yes I'm also awaiting the shore trooper. I like the idea of having the three lined up like that picture of the helmets leaked by one of the actors. Tank trooper may need to join them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also think they'll have to announce one of the non masked figures. Jyn is the probable choice for sure. Let's see. At that point I'll need to decide if I just stick to the troopers or delve into the other characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Rogue One Vader announced:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/star-wars-action-figures/175301-hot-toys-rogue-vader.html

14379956_10153834934442344_7236417200641847681_o.jpg

Back